Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#194369 05/23/11 05:08 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
In the vein of scenes you adore... what are lines you adore? Specifically, between Lois and Clark. Can be funny ones, angry ones, romantic ones... any and all. Tell me what you like.

SQD (who admits she's on a research mission with this question)

#194370 05/24/11 01:43 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi SQD,

For me, there's lots of overlap between this and the 'scenes you adore'. Many of the scenes I like, I like because of the lines. Let's see...Off the top of my head:

- "Got it. You like to be on top."
- "They don't call them tights for nothing." "Maaaa!"
- The whole 'flying is easy, being in a relationship is hard' speech from JSN.
- "Well, duh! Clark Kent is Superman!"
- "Lois is in trouble! Lois is in trouble!"
- "Who's asking? Clark or Superman?"

And I could keep going (and may well do so in another post at another time), but I have a lot to do still if I am to get to work on time.

Joy,
Lynn

#194371 05/24/11 03:49 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Battlefield Earth, the only reason I like this episode Lois says "Watch it, I'm his favorite concubine."

>giggles<

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
#194372 05/24/11 04:52 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
From the pilot:

Jimmy picks a lock at EPRAD. Lois asks him where he learned to do that.

Jimmy: "Reform school"...beat..."It was a bum rap."

This *is* my happily ever after.
#194373 05/27/11 07:32 PM
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
There are so many lines I love, I couldn't possibly get them all down, but I have to share this one. I laugh every time I hear it. In my favorite episode, 'Whine, Whine, Whine,' Lois says to Superman, "He's obviously vindictively litigious." Try saying that three times fast. dance

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell
#194374 05/28/11 03:49 AM
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
I've always liked this exchange from "AKA Superman":

Clark: An awful lot of people want to hear from Superman ... sick kids, lonely folks.

Lois: [Holding up lingerie she has pulled from one of the envelops]: Are these from the sick or the lonely? Or both?

I love Lois's "confession" in TOGOM. Knowing Lois's character, you knew it cost her lot to muster up the courage to say those things. Pity they had to negate it by having Clark asleep, but still, it represented a huge leap forward for her. And whoever wrote the episode did a nice job of putting it in an off-the-cuff conversational style and throwing in that callback to "The Rival" with that reference to an "undefined relationship":

"Clark, when I thought you were gone, I did some thinking about my life, you know ... what it would be like without you in it. I know what you're thinking. 'Gee, Lois, how self-centered can you be,' but just hear me out. I know our relationship has always been ... difficult ... to define. But ... when I thought about how much I missed you--how much I was going to miss you for the rest of my life--well, I started to think maybe there was more to our relationship than just friendship."

#194375 05/28/11 01:52 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
For some reason I get a kick out of the times when Clark almost gives himself away, then has to scramble to cover.

Two examples that come to mind are:

Lois (rubbing his back): You're as tight as iron.
Clark: Steel.
Lois: What?
Clark: Still... trying to recover.

and my personal favorite:

Lois: Miranda is lying.
Clark: I know. Her pulse rate was over 150.
Lois: How would you know?
Clark: It's a saying. You know, like "Going a mile a minute", "Her pulse rate was over 150."
Lois: Hmmm. Must be one of those Kansas sayings.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard