Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#194346 05/11/11 06:24 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I see that there's been a lot of discussion on the topic about scenes that annoy you and some pretty interesting things brought up. I thought it might be fun to have a companion topic to talk about the scenes that you really enjoyed, the scenes that make you love Lois and Clark enough to spend hours reading and writing stories about one amazing couple.

I myself have so many favorites that it would probably take just about as long to tell you of them as it would be to watch the series again. wink

Some little things I really enjoy are like the scene in 'Twas The Night Before Myxmas,' when Clark's worried about the orphans that lost their Christmas presents, Lois reaches out and casually rubs his back while the camera pulls away. It's a very tiny thing, but I love it because we waited so long for Clark to get that kind of easy comfort from her.

Another thing that always makes me smile is when Clark is dancing with Linda King in 'The Rival,' you see him start to put his hand on her back, realizes it's bare, and moves it uncomfortably. The camera doesn't really focus on it; it's just there in the background. I don't know whose idea that was--director, writers, or Dean Cain himself--but it fit so perfectly.

So...does anyone else have any scenes, moments, visual pictures, or dialogue that sticks out?

#194347 05/11/11 10:47 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think my favourite moment in Lois and Clark would have to be the scene at Spenser Spensers Island by the fire. Dean and Teri played that scene perfectly. They looked so comfortable together.

Also the scene on the fire escape when Clark returned from New Krypton. It has always seemed to me that the scene showed how much chemistry Dean and Teri had together.

Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am.
#194348 05/12/11 12:57 AM
Columnist
Columnist
In Season's Greedings when Martha grabs Clark's ear and tells him she should tan his hide like cheap leather... smile1

SQD

#194349 05/12/11 01:44 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Anti-K, thanks for starting this more positive counterpart to the other thread! smile

I agree with CainCrazy about the Ordinary People scene.

I like the "Got it. You like to be on top" rejoinder. (I like it not so much for the double entendre as for Clark putting a very abrasive Lois in her place.)

"This is dancing."

"Who's asking -- Lois or Ultra Woman?"

Tempus' revelation to Lois that CK=S.

The "The only thing I'd like more is..." "More?" scene.

"Lois is in trouble! Lois is in trouble!"

SQD is right. I could continue adding to this list for quite a while.

Joy,
Lynn

#194350 05/12/11 02:23 AM
Kerth
Kerth
There was so much in the Pilot that made me fall in love with the show. I would expand on the "you like to be on top" scene to include Lois' reply of "Don't push me, Kent. You are way out of your league." And then they get on the elevator and, once he's behind her so she can't see him, Clark grins in amused disbelief.

Also in the Pilot, when Clark meets Cat and, after she's flounced away, he repeats her name in a teasing/sarcastic way ("Cat!"). I love when Lois is trying to find a replacement date for the White Orchid Ball and she eyes Clark (who has been freely eavesdropping on her phone conversation with Mitchell). When she gets up to talk to him, he knows what she's hinting at, but he's not about to make it easy for her. So he sits there and pretends to read the phone book while she harangues him into going with her.

And, of course, the scene where he brings her the Chinese food and she almost lets herself fall for the farmboy. He is so charming when he tells her "I am all yours". And then her alarm bells go off and she shoots him down. His expression as he realizes just how thick her defense walls are is great. I think it's the first time someone didn't fall for his laid-back charm and part of the reason why he keeps trying. We always want what we can't have. wink

Yeah, this thread could go on for ages. I can think of lots and lots of other scenes where the chemistry between them could scorch paint off the wall.

One more and then I really have to get ready for work. smile In "The Phoenix" when they're at the condo on the marina. The discussion about the almost first date. The champagne tumble onto the couch and the heat between them when they realize that neither of them wants to move from that position but… Each of them watching the shadow show as the other changes clothes. And then, when she's lying on the couch with a stomach ache and he kneels down next to her and rubs her tummy. When she confesses she doesn't think she can walk to the bedroom he carries her to it. The sweet, sweet longing as they slowly say good night. UST (unresolved sexual tension) was never so well done. Mmmm.

Now I'd better get going! I'm sure I'll be back with more. laugh

P.S. My tag line! That scene! I loved the banter between them in the first and second seasons. It was why I watched the show and why I always stop to listen in when they start talking in my head. dizzy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#194351 05/12/11 04:02 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just love that scene in HiM where the bellboy is filming the "newlyweds" and Lois keeps trying to reach the camera and shut it off while at the same time Clark pretends to have difficulties carrying his partner through the threshold. That whole episode is one of my favorites, from the games they play on the stakeout, to that moment where they share the bathroom and, of course, the KISS!! And Lois' line of "Doesn't anyone knock around here?" always makes me laugh.

Also on the first season (my favorite of the four, incidentaly) the day after the seven veils dance in PML. "If you want me I'm yours" or something of the kind that Clark says to Lois, who, by the way, is completely oblivious to what he's talking about. And all of Cat's moments on that episode, especially at the end when she has no clue that there was a pheromone incident.

As I write more keeps popping on my head. For instance, the interaction between Superman's clone and Lex on Vatman. When Lex gives the clone a piggyback ride to the bubble where he sleeps and tells him a consumerist spin of the Little Red Ridding Hood story. That was great!

On Fly Hard, when it seemed that Jack found Clark's secret, the flashbacks to Pino Dragonetti's times, the scene when Lex was shot (hehe) and Clark invented a concoction to distract the others while he cauterized the wound with heat vision - and then applied the mixture and tortured Lex but just a little. It was a small and nice moment of revenge.

In Season's Greedings when Martha grabs Clark's ear and tells him she should tan his hide like cheap leather...
Also one of my favorite moments, as well as Perry's twist. Oh! And Jimmy and Clark's chair race and candy "vacuuming". Jimmy's cheeks filled with candy are hilarious.

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
#194352 05/12/11 07:27 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Like this thread too!

One scene that popped in my head was from HoL (I think) when they're all being held captive at the Planet and Cat saunters in to get some lingerie and she thinks the gang is helping her pick out the best one for her hot date. Ha! I usually will laugh out loud on that one no matter how many times I've seen it.

Let's see - I love the scene in OP where Lois & Clark realize there's Kryptonite at Spencer Spencer's and start trying to back pedal, "You're right, I'm not Superman." "It's a thing he does at parties"

When Clark sees his opportunity to make out with Lois at the end of PML as Superman, turns around and looks at the camera. He's gotta unwind a little after all that temptation the night before!

Clark's dream in Phoenix (can't remember the full ep name) at the beginning when Lois says in Perry's voice, "We'll never get this paper out by deadline." Clark coming out of the trance.. "huh?" And then the cute conversation afterwards when he finally does ask her out.

I really like their relationship in general while they're dating but before she knows. It was so annoying having Clark run out on her all the time but I do love their make ups. "You have to be there at 7..and 7:01, etc" and "Because we're partners, and best friends and this".

I could go on and on here too...

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#194353 05/12/11 11:51 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh! Fun thread!
So many moments--love all the ones mentioned, actually!

But I think a lot of my favorite moments happen in JSN--like when Clark is floating and Lois just sort of murmurs 'You're life is so strange.' And then when the tension finally breaks and she turns to him and starts on the 'Of course I trust you!' speech--Teri's acting and Dean's expressions are priceless--and then all the hot kissing after smile

And in OP--the 'Being with you is stronger than me alone' scene *sigh*

I also ADORE HiM--that whole episode is pitch perfect!

Oh and Witness--when Clark comes rushing in after Mr. Makeup attacked and Lois begs him to stay. It's the first moment she ever shows she really needs Clark, I think.

Yeah, I like this topic! laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#194354 05/12/11 12:44 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Oh MozartMaid hit on another one of my favourites. I adore the whole 'flying is a piece of cake; being in a relationship is new' speech. I love it not only because of the relationship aspect but also because it is one of the very rare times that we see the real Clark and not one of his masks.

Thanks for the reminder, MM! smile

Joy,
Lynn

#194355 05/12/11 01:09 PM
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
AntiKryptonite, great topic. I love reading everyone's descriptions, and as I have been, I've been thinking, "Oooh, I love that one too!" So many classics. For ones that haven't been mentioned: I love the scene on the airplane in Strange Visitor. It encapsulates a lot of what made the show great from then on. Hard, tough-as-nails Lois shows a little of that sweet vulnerability when she confesses to Clark some details about her novel. She really does instinctively connect with him, despite her better judgment. Then, when it looks most dire, she is not going to go down without a fight and develops the ruse of the kiss-then-punch. I love that Clark falls for it so totally (he just gets lost in that kiss - their first! squee! wink ) and then I love the tension of him getting shot and the one bad guy noticing. Also, Trask was a rarity in being a truly menacing villain (without the camp that characterized so many others), and he was great in that scene.

A lot of people mentioned the fire scene in OP. I also love the lead-up to that. They are going to build a fire without superpowers. Lois is so cute there. I love her, "Well, ummm, that was good" when he blows too hard and her line about the nuclear reactor. I love when they joke about girl scout/ strange visitor from another planet. And both of their cute little laughs as they get it going.

I need to stop, but I can't resist: when Lois launches her concrete-soaked self at Clark in TOGOM. Pure joy on her part and contentedly happy on his that he could put his world right again. I don't care that the freezing/ DNA thing doesn't really hang together. Just love it to pieces.

#194356 05/12/11 05:26 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I was going to just read everyone else's comments, but I can't help writing down all the little things that have been flooding my mind. In no particular order:

The scene in The Pilot where Perry finds Clark in the closet and Clark acts as if it's perfectly natural! rotflol

The scene in Operation: Blackout when Lois asks Clark if he thinks she's a good friend and his expression when he looks at her; then, of course, the bit where she waits for him to praise her in return and he just grins.

Don't Tug On Superman's Cape--when they're doing research at Clark's place, Lois slips his glasses on, unable to believe they fooled her for two years, and Clark pretends he wonders where Lois Lane went.

The moment in The Prankster when, seeing that Lois has received a secret admirer gift, Perry, Jimmy, and Lois all look directly at Clark as the culprit! laugh

The 'It's the moments that count' scene in Brutal Youth--one of my absolute favorites.

Jimmy and Perry's story/interaction in Vatman when Jimmy thinks Perry's dying.

The Witness--both the scene Mozartmaid mentioned and when Clark's acting VERY overprotective coming off the elevator and Lois says she loves that he cares.

The 'Invisible or fly?' conversation in I'm Looking Through You.

Almost every scene in Meet John Doe and Lois And Clarks--totally agree with you on those, Stopquitdont!

Lois and Clark's hug in The Family Hour after he tells her they can't have children. (And Ellen Lane's scenes trying to figure out what everyone's keeping from her are hilarious!)

We Have A Lot To Talk About--defusing the bomb and, of course, the flight through the clouds.

Most every scene with Jonathan and Martha--best Kents ever.

I also adore the moment in Individual Responsibility when Clark and Lois split up in Intergang's lair, and they kind of brush their hands together and exchange a look, as if wordlessly telling the other to be careful. And the moment in Target: Jimmy Olsen, just after they pretended Lois delivered a 'healthy baby basketball,' when Clark helps Lois take off the hospital gown and they share a really touching look and smile.

I know a lot of people mentioned Ordinary People already, but I can't resist pointing out when Clark adjusts his tie and uses a fake French accent, then brings everything Lois mentions to her apartment, and when he brags about having done everything 'just like an ordinary guy.' That's one of my favorite episodes just because he's so happy that he no longer has to keep the secret and she's discovering the whole, real him.

I love reading about all of these scenes because it makes me see them in my mind and it's great knowing I'm not the only one who loves (read: is obsessed with) this show. smile

#194357 05/13/11 12:38 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Martha and Jonathan trying to teach Clark to fly. Clark giving a funny little George-Reeves-style jump and Martha correcting him with a Dean-Cain-style Superman pose. Too funny.

Martha pushing Clark off the balcony.

The conversation about Clark's hypothetical wife dying her hair red.

Lois holding her fortune-cookie fortune horizontally, and Clark giving it a 90-degree turn before reading "A horse is like a member of the family."

Woody-in-Clark's body describing his old body as "good-looking in a virile silver-fox sort of way". Actually, quite a few lines in this episode cracked me up.

The dart scene in When Irish Eyes are Killing.

Lois and Clark talking over each other when they are chained to the wall on Spensor's island.

Clark giving Lois the answer to the Trivia Pursuit question, her "I knew that" and his laughing "No, you didn't."

Jonathan taking the cover off Martha's (nude) portrait, and Clark's "Mom?"

The medium saying, "Superman is here!", and a completely oblivious Clark whispering to Jimmy, "I think she's confused," in All Shook Up.

Where they go to the house of the computer geek Lois knew in college because she thinks he's the Prankster. That entire scene is priceless from start to finish.

Under the table at the Chinese restarurant. And later, Jimmy at the planet with all the take-out cartons stacked on his desk.

Every. Single. Kiss.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#194358 05/13/11 02:01 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Oh, how could I forget to mention the following?

"One thing's for sure. Nobody's going to be looking at your face."

Then Clark's double-take right before he says, "Mo-om!"

And her rejoinder of, "Well, they don't call them tights for nothing!"

I also liked the scene leading up to this dialogue -- seeing him in all of the rejected costumes.

Joy,
Lynn

#194359 05/13/11 07:04 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Vicki
Under the table at the Chinese restarurant. And later, Jimmy at the planet with all the take-out cartons stacked on his desk.
I can't picture this scene... what episode is it from?

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#194360 05/13/11 07:16 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
That's from AKA Superman. smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#194361 05/13/11 07:29 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks Gr8 wink I haven't watched that ep in a while! And I love your signature, an obvious GWTW reference. In Germany, they have an ice cream out that is GWTW themed, and the catch phrase is 'at last, with a happy ending' smile

#194362 05/13/11 08:58 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Some the following dialogue is from memory and I apologize if it's not exact:

Tempus Anyone? - When Lois looks at Alt. Clark for the last time. -- OK, whole episode.

I've Got a Crush on You - Charlie mesmerized when Lola starts to sing title song
-- When Clark goes to throw Lois in the trash, he scans the dumpsters for the messiest one.

Pilot - Whole Superman costume sequence ending with "That's my son" bit.
-- Lois's expression when she sees Clark half-naked.
-- Lois's expression when she sees Superman eat the bomb
-- Lois's expression when she arrives into the DP in Superman's arms

All Shook Up - "I love you... like a brother," says Lois. "Ah, that. That I remember," replies Clark.

AKA Superman - "97%? Really?" Superman to Jimmy.

The Eyes Have It - Whole Superman being blind and staying at Lois's apartment bit. Loved it! Also, loved Lois's line at the end "So, Clark, where were you all weekend?" and Clark's expression of 'what can I say?'

Tempus Fugitive - Tempus tells Lois "Duh?" Nobody says 'duh' like Tempus.

And the Answer Is - the Proposal! I could and do watch it over and over and over. Clark at his best.

Pheromone, My Lovely - Everything Lois and Clark from the whole episode and including the last bit where Luthor say, "Oh, Lois. No," when Lois kisses Superman.

Lois and the Clarks - When Alt. Clark tries to convince himself not to x-ray Lois upstairs, naughty Alt. Clark. clap

I don't remember the episode exactly, it's from S1, I think, the episode ends with Lois stating something like "how long can you hold your breath?" And Clark murmurs, "A long, long time."

Ok. That's enough for now.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#194363 05/13/11 10:50 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Loved the series overall but Tempus's "Duh" line is priceless.

Shallowford
#194364 05/13/11 12:02 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
In Chai of Steel: The pink shirt and the way Lois invades Clark's personal space when he's on the phone and she's looking at his notes.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#194365 05/13/11 03:50 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I read/skimmed and saw a lot of my favorite scenes, but there's one that sticks in my head, I wish someone would write a fic about it. Superman busts through the wall at the bank where Lois and a bunch of other folks are suffocating to death, and he immediately pulls her too him, cupping her face just like he's on the verge of kissing her out of relief, but he settles for a hug instead. It was very early in the season, and I can't help but thinking he's shocked and grateful that he was able to save her and I wonder if that's one of the moments where Lois knew Superman loved her like Sue wrote about in "The Other Shoe".

I love the make out scene in Virtually Destroyed, just yummm on the raw animalistic lust!!!

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard