Will you stop? You sound like Dad.
Jeez, I'm only twenty-six.

LUCY
Twenty-six today. Thirty-six tomorrow.

LOIS
Give it a rest, Luce.

---

And, I don't know what DS3 is, but I hope you feel better soon! sloppy

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#194152 08/14/10 12:04 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
DS is dear son. My 3yo had his tonsils and adenoids out on Thursday. Surgery went fine. Recovery was going fine. You know. Until he stopped breathing :p . He started again rather quickly but by then I was on the phone with emergency services and we've been in the hospital since Thursday night. He's doing better but did have another 'apneic episode' earlier today. We'll be here until at least tomorrow.

He's okay, really, but Mom was more than a bit freaked out several times.

#194153 08/14/10 12:14 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Awww, I see. Good luck with that!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#194154 08/14/10 12:46 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Recovery was going fine. You know. Until he stopped breathing
Yipes! Have they figured out what caused that and whether it is likely to recur?

May his recovery be swift and complete. (And may your heart rate return to normal soon, too...)

Joy,
Lynn

#194155 08/14/10 01:18 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
We think it was a combination of anesthesia still in his system and the Tylenol with codeine being too much for him. We're not 100% sure yet, but that's our current working hypothesis and he's on regular Tylenol now to see if a. it helps with the breathing stuff and b. if it's enough as far as pain meds go.

He's doing fine now [and enjoying some chocolate cake wink ]. Staying to be on the safe side though - esp after this afternoon.

#194156 09/14/10 08:02 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOIS
Will you stop? You sound like Dad.
Jeez, I'm only twenty-six.

LUCY
Twenty-six today. Thirty-six tomorrow.

LOIS
Give it a rest, Luce.
Since Lois was in the Math club when she was in high school, maybe she just rounds up. After the midpoint of my birth year, I have to consciously stop and think of how old I am. I may not turn the next year older until November, but all summer and fall, I'm always thinking that next higher number because rounding is as natural as breathing.

<shrug> It's a way of explaining the discrepency.

PS: Carol, thank God your little one is okay.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
#194157 09/17/10 01:47 PM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Since Lois was in the Math club when she was in high school, maybe she just rounds up. After the midpoint of my birth year, I have to consciously stop and think of how old I am. I may not turn the next year older until November, but all summer and fall, I'm always thinking that next higher number because rounding is as natural as breathing.

<shrug> It's a way of explaining the discrepency.
You know, that does make sense...I hadn't thought of that, maybe b/c I don't do that myself lol; the older I get, the less I want to make myself that next year older until the day actually arrives. Well, I guess I do tend to say "I'm almost [insert age here]," so I guess that counts lol. Yeah, if she's not actually 26 yet in the pilot, that does solve the problem; thanks for the suggestion! smile

~*Monica*~

"Being with you is stronger than me alone."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard