Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
My apologies if this is in the wrong section, but it just didn't seem to be quite "off topic" since Lane Davies is a favorite amongst Lois and Clark fans.

Last night a friend and I attended the Tennessee Shakespeare Festival in beautiful Bell Buckle, Tennessee. Thanks to the Webb School allowing him to use their facilities, Lane has been able to bring Shakespeare to our area for the third summer. It's truly Shakespeare for the masses, and IMHO, this year's presentation was the best yet. He incorporated the venue's proximity to Nashville and made the main characters up-and-coming country singers. And then to make it even better, a team of talented lyricists took some favorite country songs and fit them seamlessly into the show.

If you are anywhere near middle Tennessee, you should make an effort to attend. There's a performance tonight and three more next weekend. They operate on a shoestring budget (and the shoestring is mighty short) so word of mouth advertising is crucial for them. I enjoy doing my part. wink

The Two Gentlemen of Verona (Tennessee)

[Linked Image]

Lane introduces the show. He wasn't on stage in a performance capacity this year; he only directed

[Linked Image]

The set at intermission. My apologies for not thinking to take photos before it got dark.

[Linked Image]

He really IS a darned nice guy -- quite accessible to the audience and his fans. Now you see why I wasn't thinking of photographing the set. blush

[Linked Image]

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Marilyn,

Thanks for sharing that with us. I love the pics!

It makes sense that Mr. Davies is involved in this project -- Even in L&C, he carried himself like an actor trained in Shakespearean theatre. I think that training was what helped him portray Tempus as being both larger than life in his mannerisms and speech and yet believable. (Or, at least as believable as any of the L&C villains.)

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Even in L&C, he carried himself like an actor trained in Shakespearean theatre. I think that training was what helped him portray Tempus as being both larger than life in his mannerisms and speech
And also Tempus' contempt for TV laugh

Nice to see the pictures, Marilyn:)

c.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard