kthnxbai
Go thatch yourself. laugh

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#193913 05/19/10 11:27 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
But dumb angels acting like a Disney chipmunk and Wedding Destroyers and weird wedding ceremonies that were out of the realm of the normal universe and marriage certificates signed by said angels were too bizarre and out there for my liking.
I'd have to totally agree there!

I think they should have gone through with the original wedding - God knows L&C deserved it by then! - and there could easily have been good story lines to follow. I mean, look at all the excellent stories written on these boards by you guys! They are awesome!

#193914 05/19/10 01:26 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
And some of those stories even include a proper short haircut for Lois.

Tank (who noticed that the thread had kind of gotten off topic)

#193915 05/19/10 03:14 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Someone still has yet to theorize about the demarcation of the Lois & Clark relationship using The Cut, assuming that The Cut was not done for just practical or aesthetic reasons. smile

Like you remember how Dean said that "cape-age" was a word they coined around the set because the producers were really hung up about the cape looking good? (no pun intended)

I am thinking they may have had "Lois hair-age" (wth?) issues as well, which could've driven them up the wall and just said "Let's just cut it." lol. Conjecture much?

Just got married (21st June 2010).
#193916 05/19/10 03:28 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Someone still has yet to theorize about the demarcation of the Lois & Clark relationship using The Cut, assuming that The Cut was done for just practical or aesthetic reasons.
If I recall, the first cut was done because Teri wanted a change (and it didn't sit too well with the producers since she didn't consult them), but the second cut, the one that resulted in her super-short, red hair was done for her role in "Since You've Been Gone."

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#193917 05/19/10 05:23 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
oh. It was really too bad. I thought she looked her most beautiful in Season 2. Other than that, i was really wondering why Teri cut her hair when, accdg to Deborah Levine, she originally had even longer hair. -shrugs-

#193918 05/30/10 06:12 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Something happened with Teri/Lois beginning in early season 3 that went beyond just the haircut. The haircut might be the most obvious sign of the change, but her wardrobe went to the proverbial zoo around the same time. The metallic silvery getup in WHALTTA... the red & white-stitched thing that graced us in two (!) episodes -- I recall giant buttons on another one -- and a lime green ensemble somewhere in there. She didn't seem to settle down until mid-season. (Rumors at the time seemed to implicate Teri in this, saying she had demanded Lois wear more "stylish" clothing. But there were a lot of Teri rumors out there, many of them not entirely true, so this is all hearsay.)

Even though Lois's outfits went back to being serious in season 4, her makeup took a strange turn. There are some eps where her eye makeup is so pale she looks ghostly, and would probably have looked better with none at all. That, coupled with the short-short hair (and the unfortunate wig in the early part of the 4th season), definitely made her look different. But like others have pointed out, she ACTED different also. I remember at the time, FOLCs were complaining that Lois rarely did anything "Lois-y" anymore. The whole under-the-table/chopsticks scene in AKAS was lauded at the time for being the first time in AGES we'd seen her being HERSELF. And that may have been the last time, too.

So yeah, it's pretty easy to associate her different looks with different phases of the show. Kind of as markers, as someone said. But in the end, even if her hair had stayed the same throughout the four seasons, we would've still seen her personality change -- unless we'd had different writers/producers/execs.

So no, it certainly wasn't the hair's fault. smile

Molly
#193919 05/30/10 04:27 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@LNCroxmysox: yeah. we have a whole other thread bemoaning the outfits. laugh

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard