Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#193886 05/08/10 03:54 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I've been trying to watch the whole series end-to-end again for some time. However, each time I've tried I get bogged down or otherwise distracted and keep not finishing.

So, I'm trying something different this time. I went through and picked out half of the episodes. The idea is that maybe this is more easily achievable than all 87 episodes. What I ended up with is 43 episodes that I will use to go through the series.

I am including my plan below. Note that in S1 I have fixed a few sequencing issues from the original order.

I'm curious if this has been done before by others and also interested in opinions about my list. What "dogs" have I left in? What "gems" have I omitted?

S1
1. Pilot
2. NB
3. SV
4. GGGoH
5. MoSB
6. PML
7. Witness
8. HIM
9. ASU
10. BatP
11. HoL

1. ME
2. WoS
3. ToGoM
4. BftB
5. SG
6. Metallo
7. Phoenix
8. LL
9. TF
10. IR
11. WWW
12. AtAi

S3
1. WHaLtTA
2. OP
3. JSN
4. UW
5. CotOC
6. HiWtHI
7. TA
8. IaSWAA
9. TaGD
10. BGdF

S4
1. LotF
2. BE
3. SM
4. BY
5. PvLL
6. DLW
7. TtBNM
8. SLaV
9. TS
10. FH

Bob

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
My preference for S3/4 is:

INPY [but turn it off before the whole frog nonsense] then skip to Soul Mates. Not an ARGH or NK fan :p . If you must include IASWAA, stick it before INPY and you'll never know the difference.

Just my .02 on that wink .

I *think* someone did a vid of that once...

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks Carol.

You'll notice that neither INPY nor StGTTWNK are on my list. Of these two, I do like INPY better but I hate the clone/amnesia arc so much that I left it out. I can't believe that for all the wonderful things that they did in LnC, they did so incredibly badly with the wedding. Both times!!! splat I know that IASWAA is also a weak episode but it is the first episode after the argh arc.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I'll take it into account for my S3 collection.

Bob

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Yeah INPY was okay - wedding stuff was fine, good even, until she eats the frog at the very end. Stop it before that and it's MUCH better smile . The frog thing ruins the whole thing... IMO anyway wink .

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Would this work?

S3:
TA
TaGD
BGdF

S4
LotF
BE
INPY (Cut the frog scene)
SM

I actually sort of like the NK stuff.

Bob

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
In season 1 I'd omit NB and Witness and replace them with I've Got A Crush On You, The Rival, and/or Fly Hard.

Season 2, I'd definitely include The Prankster, Maybe leave out IR, although the ending is so worth it... Heck, I say if you're just going to watch half the episodes of the series, go heavy on season 2 and go lite on season 4. But that's just me!

But yeah, speaking of season 4, skip off on TPVLL... that one's just painful. AKA Superman is a pretty good one to replace it with! smile

Molly

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard