Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
So this lady walks into a bar, and she notices that the bar-tender is of Kryptonian descent...

I guess I'm kind of a sociology geek, but I sometimes wonder what a world populated by the descendants of Lois and Clark would really be like. HG Wells blathered on about a Utopia, but let's assume for the sake of argument that this did not happen immediately. After all, every race, religion, or ethnic group has undergone some amount of suffering, or even just general awkwardness as a result of people not understanding the unfamiliar.

So, it's the future; there's a group of people with powers and abilities far beyond those of your neighbor Phillip, and they all trace their lineage to some famous guy you had to learn about in school--what's his name; Kirk something---well, he wore tights.

What kind of jokes/stereotypes/hate crimes/advancement programs/laws/building codes/slang/MAYHEM do you think would exist? cool

...so then she says, "I don't care if you're black OR Catholic, just get off my ceiling!"

~•~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Interesting topic. I think you're right, is not like L&C would have 10 children and even 10 is to little to think that in 50 years earth would be inhabited by a good amount of superpowered people, it'd take some centuries I think. Even if we think US only.

I think schools would implement norms so kids with superpowers would learn how to use them correctly and non-superpowered kids would grow with them, knowing them, so by adulthood it'll be a normal thing.

Maybe society would *limit* superpower's use in public and in everyday life, being it freely used in emergencies or at home.
Something like if you want to go to school or work you would use normal transport as everyone else, but you would be free to use it at home in private spaces or when your with friends. You could fly or levitate or whatever in a park, because you're playing or something, or you were leaving a building but you're friend forgot her purse and as a favor you go up one or two floor to get it. Somewhat the objective would be not to have everywhere a dozen or more people flying just because they can.
Like Clark for instance, not because he could fly or didn't need to eat or doesn't feel cold or hot, would stop having his feet on earth, literally goofy , or never eat and therefore you wouldn't find a freezer in his apartment or not have sheets, coats, scarfs, pillows or towels... because it would enhance the sense of difference when you could live like everyone else.
So Clark is this nice(gorgeous wink )guy who leads an ordinary life with extra abilities that could come in handy...You should see him taking out the garbage rotflol

Slangs...I'm not that imaginative :rolleyes: .
Stereotypes...All superpowered 'Lane' women love chocolate? laugh

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
Top Banana
Top Banana
No X-ray vision in an inappropriate manner... in fact, all students must wear lead body suits during school hours. Har har

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sports: All athletes will be tested for being part-Kryptonian. All of the Lane/Kent decedents will be scrutinized for unfair advantages due to super powers.

Stereotypes:
--Secretive: “Your people lie all the time.”
--Destructive: “You people blew up your own planet.”
--Nosey: “What are you looking at? Or should I say through?”

Eating out: "We don’t serve your kind. You don’t need to eat anyway do you?"

Night Out: "Well we all know who’s going to be the designated driver, don’t we?"

Bob

Kerth
Kerth
Then, again, why wouldn't they try to keep a low profile and a secret identity?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Then, again, why wouldn't they try to keep a low profile and a secret identity?
I agree. I was just musing what might happen if someone discovered a way to recognize a part-Kryptonian on sight.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard