Print Thread
#193611 08/13/09 08:36 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
As I've mentioned elsewhere, I've finally made it past S3D1 when watching the series and this is something I noticed when watching It's A Small World After All.

See picture below... [courtesy of Andrea at the Lois and Clark Archive ]

It's obviously S3 Lois holding a Kerth.

Why would she have a picture of herself holding an old Kerth? So she must have won it in S3 right? So that would make her a 4 time Kerth winner?

Anyone? smile
Carol

[Linked Image]

#193612 08/13/09 08:43 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
You know, until you mentioned it, I didn't really notice. Actually, I DIDN'T notice XD

But by golly george, looks like Lois is a lot less braggy of her Kerths these days!

Wonder if she keeps that one with her others? XD

(Hey, where DID she put those when she and Clark moved in together? o.O)

Anyhoo, good spotting! laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#193613 08/13/09 08:56 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good point.

Something else I've been wondering. Given Lois' reaction in Wall of Sound, she probably won #3 during S1 and then #4 just after she cut her hair in S3, probably around Just Say Noah. The hairstyle fits best in there huh

Edit:
Originally posted by Catherine Bruce:
(Hey, where DID she put those when she and Clark moved in together? o.O)
They have the blue Kerth-shelf in the brownhouse.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#193614 08/13/09 09:22 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I can't believe I've never noticed that before!! Just goes to show there are still things you can spot when re-watching even now! I remember the photo but not the Kerth being in it.

Weird clothes for her to be wearing, not exactly what she'd wear for the ceremony, though there is that other pic of her and Clark in casual clothes posing with Kerths (probably meant to be from Season two), so it could have been taken after the event like that one.

I suppose it makes sense that either one or both of them would have won one that year too.

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
#193615 08/14/09 02:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I may be confusing canon with fanon, but didn't L&C win a joint Kerth in either season 3 or season 4?

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#193616 08/14/09 04:04 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Joint Kerth is fanon. May have been in S5/6 and a lot of people have them winning in that time period in other stories as well.

smile

#193617 08/14/09 10:11 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the clarification, Carol!

I guess this means I need to re-watch all four seasons now, since all my DVDs are unpacked and everything. But my sister and I are currently working our way through NCIS, so it'll have to wait. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#193618 08/14/09 10:18 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Ooooo Thread hijack [since it's my thread wink ]

NCIS! I have S4 to finish of L/C and then will start working my way through NCIS again. Don't think I'll be done before the new season comes out on DVD but should be before the new season starts this fall.

Am actually contemplating a mild crossover with NCIS [like working with Gibbs etc instead of Henderson type thing - and yes there's more of a reason for it than just to get NCIS characters in there].

#193619 08/14/09 03:04 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
No joint Kerth in canon, but L&C were nominated for a joint Meriweather, which they didn't win. OTOH, since Lois obviously won another Kerth which wasn't mentioned, there's nothing in canon to say L&C didn't win a joint Kerth during S4. I'm thinking L&C were both up for individual stories during S3, but Lois won, which restored her confidence and laid the groundwork for the joint Kerth the following year. wink

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
#193620 08/15/09 10:23 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I had never seen the kerth which she held on this photo. Is there a way to enlarge the image and to make it more net to see when she received this award ??

#193621 08/15/09 10:33 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I've just tried, there just isn't enough detail. About the only word that's readable is "Kerth," and that's if you squint at it.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#193622 08/15/09 10:36 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
There's a number of other pics on the Lois and Clark Archive, but this was one of the better ones. Someone else might be able to find one with a better angle or something... Someone with access to the DVD/digital copy of the ep may be able to find a better one as well.

I didn't notice it in any of the other S3 eps [or early S4 where I'm at now] but that doesn't mean it's not there. Anyone watching through those keep an eye out?

FWIW:
1991: The Gulf War - On the Front Lines
1992: Inside Bush's Campaign Headquarters
1993: Sexual Harassment in the Military

I found those on a blog or something of someone who toured the set during production and wrote them down. Didn't copy the website and not sure where it was. Will try to find it again so I can give credit...

Carol

Edit: That was easier than I thought. You can find the blog entry here .

#193623 12/14/09 09:11 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hmm...

Have been pondering this and Michael's reply above that it looks like about JSN.

They were broken up before JSN. What if the Kerth ceremony took place BEFORE they got back together?

Plot bunny anyone?

#193624 12/15/09 03:38 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Since she isn't dressed for the awards, maybe the picture was taken the next day, after they inscribed her name on the award. But when Clark won, he had his award with him when they left the ceremony.

Okay, so what about this? Perry wanted a picture of her with the award for the paper so he had her bring in the award to take photos the next day. Now, normally, they would have taken the pictures at the Kerth awards (I assume). So maybe Jimmy's camera malfunctioned or something.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#193625 12/15/09 03:40 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Or... Didn't actors and actresses dress down for the Oscars one year because the country was at war? Maybe something like that happened for the Kerths, too.

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard