Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
I hope y'all think this picture is funny. I certainly do.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hee! When you put it that way...

goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it! Thanks for sharing smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL - very cute. Love the drawings, too.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ha! No. 3 is so much more exciting though.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hehe! rotflol Now there's a man who loves a challenge when he sees it laugh

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Kerth
Kerth
You did notice the title of the drawing, didn't you?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It took me a minute to see the title of the pic - 'He's an idiot'. But I say he just likes a challenge. Besides Lois makes like interesting. Yes?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Just for your information, this is considered SM/WW fanart (right, the couple Superman/Wonder Woman), so the title does mean something. peep

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You did notice the title of the drawing, didn't you?
Yup. Still found it amusing. The title might very well be of significance to SM/WW shippers, but as I'm not one of those I feel able - nay, entitled laugh - to ignore it at will. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Moderator: Great choice Superman! You got yourself a little tornado there.

Supes: Yeah...but it's worth it!

Hehehe

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
I've dipped my toe into that site's fiction, but frankly the quality of the writing in the bulk of what I've sampled is so far below the level of this site as to make it hard to read. Carolyn's comment about the moderator telling Supes that Lois is a little tornado is quite appropriate. Frankly, while I think Superman and Wonder Woman might be a good match, Clark Kent and Wonder Woman aren't. And since one of the tenets of L&C:TNAOS and the majority of the viewpoints on this site is that Clark is who he is and Superman is what he can do, they're looking at a different Kryptonian altogether. Maybe it's just an alternate world.

Besides, our Clark needs our Lois to stimulate his mind and his mission. He might not have become Superman - or even kept being Superman - had she not been there for him. I doubt that Wonder Woman could support Clark psychologically, at least not nearly as well as our Lois does.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
You're right, most of them are pretty creative in their writing, especially where grammar and orthography are concerned. Still, there are some really good stories, too.

Besides, whether Clark is better suited with Lois or Diana sure depends on how the respective characters are depicted. Nothing against *our* Lois - I think she is great - but the Lois from the comics, let alone the movies, is an entirely different case. The same holds true for Diana, I think. The golden age WW wouldn't work for Clark, but the way she was re-invented by Perez - well, let's say that it is worth considering. And, of course, it depends on who Clark really is, and what he really is like. (Don't get me started on the Clark from a) the movies or b) Smallville!)

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
The reason why I hang around this site is precisely because Clark is supposed to be with Lois here. And the reason why I avoid Smallville like the plague is because Clark is with Lana there.

Frankly, the reason why I take an interest in Clark/Superman in the first place is because he loves Lois Lane. Make him choose another woman over Lois, and my interest in him drops to minus 273 degrees Celsius, which is equivalent to absolute zero.

I sure remember that Superman used to have several girlfriends in the comics, even though Lois was number one. But apart from her and Lana and Wonder Woman, Lori Lemaris the Mermaid made semi-regular appearances. And then Superman had several short-term romances with various women that he met, primarily on other planets, but also occasionally here on Earth. I remember one story where he met another Earth woman, fell head over heels in love with her and proposed to her. She accepted his proposal, and they were going to get married. But then she died of an incurable disease. Yup, that's what happens to spare females. Of course, you can also blow them up. Mayson anyone?

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Ann, why didn't I expect anything else from you? laugh
But I must admit, you do have a point where the 'spare females' are concerned. And wasn't Lori killed off in the comics, too? I remember reading something like that (although being dead in the DC universe is anything but final).

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard