Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This question was posted on the ficlist by Genevieve, who asked if anyone on the boards had any further ideas:

Someone's asked me a trivia question I can't figure out. I wondered if anyone here could help. Does anyone recall if there was an episode that featured a scene where Luthor contacts Clark through a hyper sonic signal, very similar to the scene from SUPERMAN THE MOVIE???

I want to say yes, but I can't remember what episode it was, or even if I'm just remembering something from the comic books. I have this vision of Superman coming to a dead stop in mid-air, and listening to a message. Anybody got a better memory than I do, and remember what episode it might be?
Carol mentioned Jimmy's watch in GGGOH, the messages in Wall of Sound, the bomb under the table in WHALTTA, and the globe messages in Foundling.

That's about all I can think of, but Genevieve is looking for more specifics, I guess. Where not only is a hypersonic message used, but Superman, hearing it, stops in midair to listen.

I don't think NK telepathy counts, but was there a hypersonic message used as part of Ching's testing?

Anyone else have any thoughts?

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think Luthor's hypersonic was during the clone arc... (I think it was beginning of the episode Seconds), when we have that scene between Luthor and Superman and Luthor blasts the building, and maddeningly shouts "This is war"

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Columnist
Columnist
I don't remember Luthor sending a hypersonic message from the show. Where he stops in mid-air in one episode is when Luthor is viewing the messages from the globe and then there are the times he is listening for Lois. I don't remember any hypersonic messages directed specially at Superman from the series from anyone.

Features Writer
Features Writer
(MESSAGE EDITED TO REFLECT INFORMATION FOUND)

Don't remember the episode, but there are those scenes where someone (Luthor?) talks to Superman in high-frequency and then sends those paint missiles towards Jimmy and Lois as a warning. I remember they were tagged with a mechanical bug (Clark captures it and sees that it is mechanical, while the guys that command this bug complain that it is non-responsive).

Anyone can pinpoint the episode and confirm if it was Luthor?

EDIT: Okay, found the information. It's Martin Snell (Intergang's lawyer) in "Church of Metropolis". From http://www.redboots.net/Episodes/season_2a.htm :

Clark then hears a high-frequency message from Martin Snell, Intergang's lawyer. When Superman confronts Snell, Snell demonstrates that Lois is vulnerable by sending a paint missile at her. Superman catches the missile, but Snell then tells Superman that if he doesn't stay away from the Southside, Lois is dead.
malu

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
From the script, SECONDS:

INT. CLARK'S APARTMENT - NIGHT 2

SUPERMAN comes in, greeted by JONATHAN and MARTHA.

MARTHA
Anything?

Superman shakes his head, moves to the couch, sits.

JONATHAN
Are you hungry?

SUPERMAN
No.

MARTHA
You need rest...

SUPERMAN
I can't believe I let her go, just
let her drive off with him...

MARTHA
Son... (X)

SUPERMAN
I'm an idiot -- (X)

JONATHAN
Clark, what were you going to do? (X)
She told you she didn't love you, (X)
she didn't want to see you -- (X)

(CONTINUED)

--page break--
"SECONDS" (#17) FULL Blue Rev. 1/18/96 3.

2 CONTINUED: 2

SUPERMAN
It was a trick, it had to be, she
can't love him --

MARTHA
This won't do any good.

SUPERMAN
-- but I let my feelings cloud my (X)
judgement. Now I've looked
everywhere and I can't find --

Suddenly, an ULTRASONIC WHINE, then --

LEX (V.O.)
Superman. I'm speaking on an
ultra-frequency only you can hear.

Superman stands.

MARTHA
What is it?

SUPERMAN
Luthor.

LEX (V.O.)
I imagine you'd like to see me.
Well, then you shall. The corner
of Kirby and Steranko.

Superman BOLTS out in a STREAK.

Hopefully that solves the mystery.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard