Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#191893 06/19/08 01:59 PM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Got a 40" LCD tv on Tuesday, and I must say L&C looks better than ever... smile1

Good thing I will be re-watching eps on this new tv, 'cause I don't have any money left to leave the house!!! dizzy

"Every woman in love thinks their man looks like Superman!" I sure think so!
#191894 06/19/08 03:09 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Please let us know what your favorite scenes are in the big screen format. I think I would like to see the kisses from the Christmas show in second three.

#191895 06/20/08 10:27 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Last night I watched PML (one of my favs)... thumbsup

Supes "under the influence" kiss is better on the large screen blush

Seriously, though, I was impressed that the picture quality was still great despite the fact that the show was filmed 15 years ago, when production quality wasn't as good as it is now. I thought that the increased definition of the tv and upconvert would negatively accentuate the older production, but surprisingly it didn't, and the ep looked better than before! smile

#191896 06/20/08 06:36 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Supes "under the influence" kiss is better on the large screen
I imagine that was quite a kiss in full size.

#191897 06/21/08 12:58 PM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
I never thought about it until the other night, but did they (D&T) really kiss the whole time? Remember, Miranda tells Superman "Don't let them take me, Superman I love you! Oh no Lex, I love you, will you wait for me?" Lex replies "NO" While I love the dialogue that goes on during the kiss, WOW that's a long kiss! wink Did they really, or was the scene cut?

Anyway, I guess the larger picture gives you more to think about...can't wait to come across one of "those" scenes in 40" HD drool ...you know what I'm talking about :p ...but that's a post for Zoomway's Bluetight's cafe laugh

#191898 06/23/08 04:30 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Seriously, though, I was impressed that the picture quality was still great despite the fact that the show was filmed 15 years ago, when production quality wasn't as good as it is now.
I heard once that office shows got to have more money for production, and therefore more money for better filming and recording equipment, than family shows do. I’d consider Lois & Clark an office show. I think I heard this when watching “Everybody loves Raymond”, I remember hearing Ray Romano saying that it was interesting how his show got better filming equipment even thought it was a family show. And the footage of “Everybody loves Raymond” is really good compared to other family shows of the time.

#191899 06/23/08 05:35 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I recently saw an old L&C episode transmitted by one of the British terrestrial channels and the picture quality was terrible on a 40" screen - I think they'd got American NTSC tapes and showed them without properly converting the US picture format (525 lines) to the British standard (625 line PAL). But episodes played from DVD are fine.

I think they must have filmed the series at a higher definition to start with, so that they would be able to sell it in Europe, and made the DVDs at that definition.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard