Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#191882 06/18/08 11:59 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hi there!
Just a quick question. I've been out of the loop for... um... forever. Anyway, is there anyplace where FoLCs have live chats about the show or fanfic anymore? We used to have mIRC, and for a while I seem to remember a room (but that may have been AOL - it's been a long time). I just wondered if there's any real-time way to connect anymore.

Thanks,
Crys
(the out-of-touch)

-Crys-

"I thought you were dead."
"I thought you were in hack."
"It's good to be wrong."
"You should be used to it by now."
"Everyone has a skill."
#191883 06/18/08 12:47 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Others will fill you in on the irc thing. but, Crys, so good to see you. smile i remember your fic so well - maybe we'll have more?

c.

#191884 06/18/08 01:04 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sure thing, Crys. You know how FoLCs like to chat. laugh

The people who used to chat in #loisclark have moved on to other places, I think - although I haven't been in there myself for the longest time, so I've no idea what the current status is.

#lanekent is still going strong. You can get the signup details on both channels here on the Archive. The data is a little out of date (must remember to update that soon), but the contact details should still be valid. smile

Happy chatting!

And, hey, now you're back, why not do some more writing? wink I still have fond memories of your stories and I know the FoLCs here would love to read more!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#191885 06/18/08 01:41 PM
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Crys,

Firstly, great to see you post, I still remember you from your fics back in the day (especially your virtual season episode) smile

While #lanekent on IRC isn't as active as it used to be, there are still FoLCs on, especially in the evenings.

And there is a US ep viewing every Saturday night, which is great fun. If I wasn't six hours ahead, I'd love to join in more often.

The episode is usually announced the same day or one day before in the "Lois and Clark" section on Zoomway\'s boards .

Best,

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
#191886 06/18/08 04:36 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thanks everyone... I found them all tonight, which was REALLY cool. Hopefully I'll find a little more time to spend here, and there as well. Gotta love summers... the best three reasons to be a teacher (June, July, and August).

As for writing... we'll see. The reason I stopped was that everything seemed to have been written, but looking at the series now I'm finding new things, so we'll see smile

-Crys-

-Crys-

"I thought you were dead."
"I thought you were in hack."
"It's good to be wrong."
"You should be used to it by now."
"Everyone has a skill."
#191887 06/19/08 12:14 PM
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
If anyone has AIM and would like to chat just let me know. I know, I know, I should brave the IRC front but I guess I'm simply used to AIM, plus since it is always free no worries about the trial period running out. It does have a chat room type feature to accomate a group.

Mona

#191888 06/19/08 02:02 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The data is a little out of date (must remember to update that soon), but the contact details should still be valid. [Smile]
I've just realised that the link to the #lanekent signup page is no longer valid.

Anyone know if there's a new link, so that I can update the info?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#191889 06/21/08 04:15 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
There is no password required for #lanekent. I believe there was a password once upon a time, but since that was before my time (for mIRC) you'll have to ask someone who knows.

Elisabeth

#191890 06/21/08 09:43 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was under the impression that there was no password required for certain days, but there was at other times.

I was emailed by someone just the other day who couldn't get in because they were being asked for the password - which is when I noticed the link was now defunct.

Could have just been a glitch, I guess.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#191891 06/22/08 09:19 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
This Link is still working I think. And the email address of the channel owner Chris is in there too.

But normally there isn't any password for the #lanekent channel.

#191892 06/23/08 09:27 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Vanda - I'll update the info accordingly.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard