Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Sammie's post inspired me ... so I figured I'd ask: What Lois & Clark-related phrases or quotes do you find yourself uttering on a regular basis? Or anything else that you find yourself doing that's reminiscent of the characters?

Basically, in what ways are you like Lois and Clark?

Like Lois, I drive too fast. I hate to admit I'm wrong. I work too much. I get mad if something I work hard on doesn't turn out perfectly. I started out as the youngest so have had to prove myself -- and am determined to surpass 'em all in the process. On any given day, I may not be in "the mood" to edit a story about a theater razing -- especially if there's REAL news going on. I secretly write romantic fluff on my office computer (clarification: no nfic scenes at work). I don't trust people easily, but when I do, and you cross me, watch out. I cheat when I do sit-ups. I'm more likely to be found eating ice cream. laugh

Like Clark, I really, really like pasta. wink I look at journalism not as just hard facts, but as a story to be told -- that comes with emotion. I try to do 10,000 things at once, and basically run until my reserves are all used up.

I tend to clap my hand over my mouth in utter mortification like Lois does after too much wine in "Lucky Leon," which is something I just recently realized I did.

Choice phrases include "Turnabout's fair play" (Return of the Prankster), "Mmm, I hate myself" (Lucky Leon) and "There is a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" (Madame Ex).

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay Twin! Let me see... how am I like LnC?

Lois: I'm generally pessimistic; I think everyone has an angle or ulterior motive...most of the time. I always think I'm right. I have a VERY hard time apologizing (especially because I'm always right! what do I have to apologize for?!). I think I have a sentimental side... it doesn't show up very often. I admire my husband huh

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have a pretty hard edge, but if you can get past it, I'm actually really nice and loyal. I drive too fast, I'm obsessed with work, I'm not always in the "mood", (currently putting off designing a racing logo like it's the plague), I hate being wrong, and I think ice cream should be its own food group. (My mother actually calls me when she wants Ben N Jerrys recommendations.) Oh and the last thing in the world people expect from me is that I'm a closet chick flick junkie. goofy Oh, and I'm completely not interested in getting married. wink

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
clap to your comment Shadow that ice cream should be a food group! I couldn't agree more. I am not really a candy/cake or pie person but a huge fan of cookies and especially ice cream! Way back when I was just starting out in college, Mrs. Fields had a poster in her cookie stores saying something to the affect that cookies are the most important part of the day-a takeoff on the breakfast adage I guess. I'd take that a step further to include ice cream. smile

Back to this question, I am like Lois, in see above, lol. Also, the sweeter the treat the better. I do not care for sour at all. Give me the chocolate. In fact a little while ago I had some hot chocolate and as always made the milk chocolate before heating it up to pour into the cocoa powder. Something Lois would do, right?

Let's see..I also have a hard time telling (and sometimes showing)people, even those I am close to, how much they mean to me. Possibly because parts of my childhood were ridden with...let's just say dark times. I am much better than I was when growing up but still sometimes hard even though I am very much a feelings person. I may be quiet and reserved (unlike Lois) but like her, once someone or something has my support/or friendship, etc, they will know and I am very loyal (like Clark). and yes, I can be very stubborn and at times do strive for perfection a little too noticeably or much.

I am much more, however, like Clark. Again, in real life, you'd find me well real quiet and someone who appears a bit shy and even mysterious because of it. At heart I believe in the goodness of most all people and truly believe like Jewel sings in "Hands" when it comes down to it, nothing matters except for kindness-to yourself and those around you.

One last humorous note, comparision to Clark,I, too often eat like a six year old. I am VERY picky. I only wish I had Clark's metabolism.

Mona

Features Writer
Features Writer
If I have any similarities to Lois they would be her stubborness and unwillingness to give up without a fight. *I* would have insisted on "chumpy" even AFTER Clark looked it up.

If I have any Clark qualities they'd be a determination to keep going, always *trying* to find the bright side, absolute loyalty, and a belief in truth and justice.

Which one is the bigger horndog? 'Cause I'm most like that one. goofy

TEEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, like Lois, I am very stubborn - probably more than Lois. And I'm very much the perfectionist.

And like Clark, I'm very loyal and trusting. I staunchly believe in 'truth and justice'!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm like Lois because of...

My love of chocolate! I have to at least have one piece of day (even though I'm dieting :p ).

I have a passion for writing and journalism. My dream job would be to work at a major newspaper or magazine publication.

I babble constantly...Get me started on a topic and sometimes I can't stop.

I'm a major perfectionist. I loose a lot of sleep because I can't rest until I get whatever I'm working on, just perfect.

I'm a hopeless romantic and like Lois, I like writing about romance (preferably nfic).

Like Lois, I too had a "Claude" in my life and now I'm waiting for my "Super guy."

I have a terrible time showing physical affection. I don't even feel comfortable hugging my friends.

I'm like Clark because of...

My LOVE of pasta...OMG, I love it!

I tend to see the good in people.

I'm energy sensitive.

I will fawn from afar, before approaching someone I'm attracted to.

Kerth
Kerth
Hm. There are a few things where I'm just like Lois. I love chocolate. drool I don't let people get near me easily - pretty much like Lois in S1. Sometimes, I manage leaps of logic that are a lot like Lois' leaps. Oh, and I like to ogle Clark, too. Does that count? I can be very stubborn, especially when I'm right. (I always think I'm right, too.) And, of course, I play to win. (Sometimes, I'm a sore loser, too.)

With Clark I don't have that much in common, I fear. I'm a stickler for truth and justice and thus, rules. But that's it, I'm afraid.

My daughter, though, is a lot more like Lois. She has so much energy that I often call her 'my little tornado'. Also, like a real tornado, she leaves chaos in her wake. laugh She's stubborn and pig-headed and caring, but also often abrasive and hurting people with her comments. And she can argue (I'm sure she'll surpass Lois at one time), and she babbles constantly. (See, she already has surpassed Lois there.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Columnist
Columnist
Hmm, let's see...

There's not terribly much that makes me similar to Lois. I love Clark and chocolate (and any combination of the two). I can eat about as much as her when she's nervous. Oh, and I'm a terrible speller, but that wasn't hyped up too much in the series. When it comes to "invisible or fly," I'd rather be invisible.

I'm more like Clark. I'm definitely mild-mannered. I usually look on the bright side of things. I'm a pushover, but I can be very stubborn sometimes. I have a tendency to feel really guilty if I don't help someone who needs it. Me loves the pasta, as well. Oh, and Superman sleeps in my bed. wink

Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hmmm. How am I like them?

Lois: 'Federal Disasters.' Yup. And um... Kind of very oblivious to the fact when guys like me :p I'm too hard on myself, and oh yeah. I've broken at least one of the rules that she told Clark she had in the Pilot (but em, I won't tell you which one...)

Clark: I'm a bit 'Naive' about things, as he seems to be. (His parent's anniversary? Yeesh.) I'm easy to get along with, usually. I think... Of course, I have no Lex Luthors in my life. Not really, anyway. I enjoy junk food. And oh yes! Invisible or Fly, it's Fly all the way laugh

And let's see, what Lois and Clark quotes do I use a lot? Not really sure, but I DO know that when I go swimming, I try to 'fly' like Superman in the water. wink That's fun. And surprisingly buoyant...

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Like Lois and Clark, me? I'm not. I'm like Batman.

ermmm... I mean... OK, OK, I'll think about it and come back. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I like chocolate (a looooooooooooooot) drool

I look extremely guilty when I lie blush

I believe that there's goodness in every person but at the same time (even if it is paradoxal) I'm very cinic about the world. huh

I never notice what's right in front of my eyes. wallbash

Yep, that's me...

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
Okay...here it goes...
Clark: I wear glasses, eat like an eight year old, would do anything for my best friend, grew up in Nowheresville, really loyal, bad liar...and I think that's about it.
Lois: Stubborn, ("Amanda your a pessimist.""I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.""Yeah...right."), I talk to myself, constantly getting into trouble, HORRIBLE speller, can defend myself, kinda pigheaded, outspoken, trust issues, babbles, can miss the obvious, hate to ask for help, would rather be invisible than fly, I like the sight of Clark, I love chocolate, I often find myself in some pretty impossible situations, Superman is probably the only man who could stand being with me, I hate my mother, I need my SuperJessi to rescue me and pretty often at that...and I think that just about covers it...there may be more that makes me like Lois but I can't think of them right now.

"Madness is like gravity...it just takes a little push." ~The Joker
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Lois: I’m insecure when it comes to men. I have childhood traumas related to my father. I like chocolate. All my relationships turned into federal disasters. I have a hard time trusting in people. I was almost a journalist, almost. I chose Publicity at the last minute, and now I’m a WEB designer. And last but not least, I’m completely in love with superman.

Clark: I am always trying to help people, but end up screwing things up. I love children, my mom made bringing me up look so easily that I just do not see my future me childless.

Quotes: “It’s me right? I do this, I make them insane. No, no, it's *them*… They're already insane, I just seem to find it. Because I’m too smart, smart… and alone… and talking to a piece of plastic!” Haha Lois is so cute, I also find myself uttering. “You’re only as good as today!”

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well... I am like Lois in the following ways:

I always turn to a tub of ice cream (or chocolate) in times of 'need' such as sadness.
I too suffer the torture of a rocky and frustrating adult relationship with my parents.
I can be stubborn, I am an awful speller, I like to deal with facts, I enjoy watching Lethal Weapons with my Superman... oh - and I too married my Superman. *shweeeee*

I am like Clark in the following ways:
I often hide the real me from those around me until I know someone well enough.
I persevere.
I like the colour blue. wink
I love to fly...... I really love to fly....

Quotes I use frequently (that I can think of) are:
anything revolving around choking on my own vomit (Tempus Fugitive) "Excuse me while I choke on my own vomit".
"oui - but of course" I also tend to use a bit... but when I use it generally no one else around me knows where it comes from. wink

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like Lois, I'm a snack food junkie (Double Fudge Crunch Bars sound good, I wish they were real!) and impateitent. I need someone to edit my copy. See: impateitent.

Like Clark, I have a major Hero Complex (I had such a hard time when I worked in one place and they kept picking up the Police freqencies on the radios stopping myself running out to try and help), I'm very nice, and loyal. I believe in Truth, Justice, all that stuff. Oh, and I eat like an 8 year old and still look Mr Hardbody.

Like both of them, I'm REALLY smart.

That's it for now.

Kerth
Kerth
I'm like Mindy Church because I'm a bottle blond.
I'm like Cat Grant because I wear inappropriate outfits to work.
I'm like Jack because if I know a secret about someone else, I can keep it to myself.

Quote: "Guilt. The kung fu of emotions." Oh yeah, I work that into conversations every day. Because there's just no debate that "Chi of Steel" was the best episode of the series.
wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard