Print Thread
#191412 04/15/08 05:03 PM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
The question about what I was listening to in "the writuals" thread as well as other favorites surveys, got me wondering if there's ever been a folc cd project maybe for some kind of fund raiser or even just for fun? Each of us could pick a few favorite songs, or songs with different feels or categories (love song, cheesy 80's, movie music, etc).

The other thing I wanted to say, (I am adding it to this post because not sure it needs one of its own), is that JC Penney has Superman T shirts. I got one today.

Mona

#191413 04/15/08 07:19 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm slowly working on an LnC CD of my own, which I hope to offer to others when it's done....not that that counts. lol

#191414 04/15/08 07:24 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
It's illegal to burn and sell other people's music on CDs. It's copyright infringement.

That being said, we may do a mix of L&C-centric songs for the swag bags at LAFF -- but those are not purchased. There is a big difference.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#191415 04/15/08 07:26 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yeah, mine will be offered as prizes via fanforum contests or what not. I may need to "charge" for shipping and handling, but that's it.

#191416 04/16/08 05:55 AM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
I know it's illegal to sell music or anything else that is not your own creation. I apologuze for wording my post in away that did suggest we do that. That's not "me" at all. I got caught up in it.

What I really meant and wanted to say was that I thought it would be interesting and fun to make a combination CD of some of our favorite tunes. That's a great idea, perhaps they could be handed out at LAFF or something. The "money" part I had in mind could si9mply be to cover the cost of buying the blank CD's-not much for so many of us at all. I'm not (as a kid I played the flute but not very well blush if any of you guys are musically talented can add to it.

Mona

#191417 04/16/08 11:32 AM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Sounds like a good idea I have so much excess blank cd's (around 150 actually) because I picked up 200 on sale once and don't really get a chance to use them. Unfortunately I won't be there for LAFF but will be happy to ship them over. Mostly it depends on the songs I have most of my songs now are from Christian artists however I do have a lot of mainstream music as well they're just not really the latest release that's all.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#191418 04/16/08 12:00 PM
Kerth
Kerth
The XF community used to have "Spring Training", where we would all meet up and spend a weekend being obsessive together. It was always more fun than is probably legal at a YMCA camp.

One of the really cool things about it was that everyone brought something for the other attendees - it had to be something inexpensive and easy to pack in a suitcase. People got really creative and I still have most of the little gifts saved in a box because they were just too fun to toss out.

My point is, the last year that I attended, one of the 'Philes made a music compilation for everyone. Before the conference, she contacted us by email and asked which song we thought best described our feelings about XF or the characters. The final result was a three disc set of some of the most diverse and eclectic songs ever. The label on each CD listed the song, the artist and the person who chose it. Maybe we could do something like that? Everyone contributes a song and the CD is distributed to those FoLCs?

Just a thought. Now I gotta go listen to those CDs again. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#191419 04/16/08 01:06 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Like I said in my first post, I am planning to make them for the swag bags. I will be taking song suggestions from LAFF attendees as soon as I get my act together and send out an e-mail. wink

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#191420 04/16/08 03:38 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just a thought: what if we tried to make up some of our own stuff? peep

~•~
#191421 04/18/08 02:39 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I say we burn the cds and then sell them for a tasty profit on ebay. We can even make cd covers so people don't know they're burned. evil

I'm kidding of course. That's bad.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard