Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Vicki Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Nan,

Excellent part! Have I mentioned lately how I love the way you write? You have such a gift for story-telling. You just bring me right in and make me feel like I am there.

I enjoyed seeing how comfortable Lois and Clark are feeling with each other. Clark's reflections on the difference between our Lois and his Lois were just, awww, so waffy and sweet.

And then, that ending! Super! (I loved how Lois suspected something from the beginning, and then came in to save the day! You go, girl!)

I can't wait to see how this story ends!

- Vicki

PS - the 'ginnup' sounded a lot like what we call a 'quenepa'. I did a search on internet, and sure enough, that is exactly what it is. For those of you out there who have never heard of this very unusual and delicious fruit, you can click here: How to Eat a Ginnup

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I don't know how it's possible, but I hadn't realized before today that you were posting a story, Nan! Thank goodness for TOCs wink

I'm loving this, unsurprisingly enough laugh Clark's doing a very delicate job of telling the truth without spooking Lois, and Lois is as brilliant as ever. And since I've always loved reading science fiction, I like her defense of it goofy

Anyway, I'm glad you've set it up so that L&C take turns saving each other. That gets them off to a healthy start, with none of that "you're so incredible, what do you want me for?" angst.

Part 7, quick! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Love the way Lois and Clark are getting to know each other. Having them lost in pre-Columbus wilderness gives them time to get to know each other.

Glad they got onto the time machine before part 7. I was worried that we'd be left with an unconscious Clark and an invisible Tempus.

And is Tempus's end as ironic as I think it is?

gerry

Kerth
Kerth
Yay! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup Hot summer season

"Can you stand if I help you? I want to get out of here."

With her help, he made it first to his knees and then to his feet. Together, they stumbled past the figure of Tempus huddled in a ball on the ground, and Lois guided his wavering steps toward the time machine.

"Can you run this thing?" she asked, urgently.

He nodded shakily and she half-pushed him into one of the seats.

With trembling hands, he typed in the time and location. Lois grabbed the lever that protruded from the floorboard. With care, she pulled it slowly back, and reality dissolved around them.
wave

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Maria, I'm sure that all those things have different names in the different Latin American countries. I spent four years in the Panama Canal Zone when I was in high school and all those things were available there all year round. Of course, the fact that we were just barely north of the Equator probably had something to do with it.

To tell you the truth, the ginnups were my absolute favorite fruit while I was there, and I missed them more than I could have believed once I returned to the States.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Nan,

You probably find the ginnups ("quenepas") when the season start you can find them in does Latino market where they sell Latin American food.

We always find a way to have our food. drool

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
How romantic, being lost on an tropical island with a man that can do anything (except, apparently, read science fiction and see invisible men!)

Go Lois!

Looking forward to 1997 and hoping that Tempus lives out his life in a Utopia of a different sort (after all, Clark did build him a cave to live in <g>!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard