Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Wow! this is very cool so far! I'm eagerly waiting to see what you write next. One question though: did you intend Krypton to only be 11 light years away? It seems that we would have discovered each other by the 1960's if they were so close.

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very good start. thumbsup I look forward to reading more. I like the way you gave Jor-El motivation for saving his unborn child (as if he didn't already have any, but this gives added urgency).

Unlike canon, you also made the council actually believe Jor-El that Krypton was dying. Instead of New Krypton being an incidental colony, it becomes the official means the council uses to save Krypton as a viable population.

Do you have any idea how long this story will be?

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Kerth
Kerth
Good part Rac! thumbsup

It didn't show too much of your intentions...

More soon,

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Rac

WOW! An excellent start! thumbsup thumbsup

This is a very intriguing premise.
The death of Jor-El and Lara's daughter is superbly written. So heart-wrenching! whinging

You have me completely hooked and I can't wait to see where this is headed. dizzy

Tricia cool

Columnist
Columnist
I like the New Krypton Arc when it gives us really cool elseworld stories. This is an interesting start. Can't wait for more.

Features Writer
Features Writer
OK, I went and read the warning notice, although I'm not quite sure why I bothered. Rac, I will read any and every story that you write, no matter what kind of warning you give us.

*Lots and lots of angst*, you wrote. Well, I hope I survive it. "Burden of Conscience" nearly killed me as I was reading it, but I absolutely loved it anyway [Linked Image].

This is a very intriguing start that has posed many questions, and I am naturally most curious to see where you are going to go with it all. I foresee some trauma ahead eek , but I'm looking forward to it...

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Rac is Back!

Good start. Intriguing backround, makes me wonder just where you are headed with this.

More sooner than later.

Tank (who feels that since Rac is back that he should be allowed to retire since his feeble efforts won't be needed any longer)

R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Hi everyone!

Thanks for all of your comments. I know I haven't given you much yet, but I plan to post more tomorrow morning. To answer a few questions:

Joy, the reason Krypton was placed so close to Earth will be explained in this story...eventually.

me, I'm planning the story as a trilogy. The first part is pretty much done as of last night. As for how long the whole thing will be, well, roughly long.

Daneel, I know I haven't given away too much yet, hopefully the next few posts will make things a little more clear.

Trauma, Kathy? evil Lots of possibilities, I suppose...

Maria, I'll explain the light, eventually, I promise.

Tank, no my posting doesn't mean you get to retire!

Tricia, SQD, and everyone else, thanks for your lovely comments. More soon!

Rac

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You're posting! I've been keen to see this one since you mentioned it on irc, Rac, and this starting segment didn't disappoint. Excellent hook to start with, all those little scenes building up to a pattern through history had me fascinated from the getgo.

The death of Jor-EL's daughter was a very poignant scene and also interesting from the viewpoint of the myth and Clark's history and, of course, as it impacts on Jor-El's future motivations and concerns.

For someone who isn't generally that interested in the NK side of the show, I found this enthralling, Rac, and can't wait to find out what happens next. It's all hanging together superbly so far. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Rac,

I've just started reading this story and I'm really enjoying it so far. I love the little bits at the beginning, (6000BC etc) and I can't wait to see how it fits in. I enjoy reading fictional stories that put a new twist on real life events or legends, it makes for fun/interesting reading.

I'm eager to see where this goes, will it be an elseworlds L&C or is it going to concentrate on Jor El and Lara?

Off to read P2.

Loriel smile

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard