Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
YAY! I got to read it on my day off. WOO HOO! And they are together and happy. All is well in my world now. I think I can sleep better now too. That story was soo beautiful. You girls did a good job. *sniffs* I loved it thumbsup Good work.

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Waaaah! smile1

This story is so cool! And that explaination for his disappearance was *genius*!
Kudos!!! notworthy notworthy notworthy

~•~
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, I had just a few problems reading this.. Stupid customers insisting on calling me to fix their internet. Blah. grumble

What a wonderful ending to a wonderful story. Of course Lois thinks of a way to bring Clark back. And without cloning! I love the touch of amnesia and wandering around the homeless shelter, though I'm not sure Boris would appreciate being "senile". wink And I like the fact that Perry's showing he's not just yodeling. laugh

I love it.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[Linked Image]

Hi,

Great part. drool Beautiful! clap clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great way to end this, you two! I really loved following this story.

I was wondering all the way how you intended on bringing Clark back to life, and I must say... you didn't disappoint. smile This explanation might've seemed a bit implausible, actually, without the backup of Lois's friend, and also the fact that Clark is alive, <g> but when you put it that way with the backing up of another person and the fact that Clark survived - which is ultimate - it makes sense. It's less complicated than it sounds, and I love the thing with the beeper because it reminds me of a version of Peter Pan I liked when I was little - where one of the Lost Boys shoots an arrow and accidently hits Wendy, but she's saved by the button Peter gave her. smile One thing, though - what did they do about the beeper? <g>

Great job, you two, hope we see new stuff from you soon!

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey guys great job! and what a lovely Christmas present to all of us. Thank you for the wonderful story and have a very blessed holiday! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
So, Lane put on her big girl panties, and allowed herself to be happy.Good show.
Safe and loving holiday everybody!

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy and Kaethel

WOW, an excellent finish! smile1 I love it.

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
So where is the real ending? laugh

You know, the angst, big wham... smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
How did you succeed in this? confused Earlier, I thought Clark was a real crook - but in the final chapter you made me see that his behaviour made sense.

All in all, story that really rosed strong feeling. party

PS. Lois's solution how Clark was alive was much better than original. Clark should always have Lois beside him to solve problems.

Gabriele
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It was touch and go there for awhile, wasn't it? We weren't sure that Lois could get past all that stuff, and we weren't sure you could come up with a believable scenario for Clark's survival.

I liked how she got over a lot of that anger after three days, and began to think about what might have really been going on in Clark's mind right after the shooting. I thought it was a stroke of genius for you to have her compare Clark's decision to play dead with his impulsive arrival on the scene way back when they were investigating the Space Station Promethius stuff. He just burst through that door first, and THEN stopped and thought about it. She was right-- he focused solely on protecting her, and never even thought about what might happen if Clark was shot. Once she realized that, the next step toward working things out was easier.

And I guess there's nothing like a near-death experience to convince you that maybe you need to step back and listen to his explanation. goofy

She was also pretty smart to see that however sorry Clark genuinely was, it was as important for him to forgive himself as it was for her to forgive him.

I found the "hey, he survived" story believable-- but I don't know much about guns. Can a pager stop a bullet? I know these baddo's guns were as old as they were, so it wasn't like Clark was gunned down by automatic weapons fire or similar. I guess the gun wasn't that powerful?

The amnesia-homeless-shelter thing was great-- especially the part about a homeless person thinking Clark was his cousin. goofy I'd never make fun of a homeless person on purpose, and there are many homeless people who are mentally competent who are homeless due to monetary circumstances rather than any inability to function in society. But it put a believable extra touch on Clark's story, as opposed to his "conveniently" stumbling into a shelter. And then to get Boris to back it up... like I said, pretty believable.

While we had all speculated about it, and in his thoughts Clark rationalized his losing himself, it was a lot easier to believe this could all happen once he started actually explaining his behavior to Lois.
“And I’d lost myself.
“That’s my point. Clark is dead as far as everybody’s concerned. And so I thought it would be best if...”

“If you pretended to be dead, even to yourself?” she supplied for him when he hesitated.
And that was it, wasn't it? He considered himself dead in all but actual fact.

I found this exchange hilarious:
She shook her head. “Silly. I’ll be your girlfriend. Clark Kent’s.”

“But that’s just it! You can’t,” he protested. “Lois, Clark is dead.”

“No, he’s not,” she scoffed. “Clark, you’re right here with me.”

“Yeah, but everyone thinks I’m dead,” he pointed out softly. “So I can’t be with you as Clark.”

“Yeah, but you’re not dead,” she pointed out logically. “See? You’re right here. Large as life - and just as lunkheaded,” she added, pulling a face at him.

“Lois, I know I’m alive - but no-one else can know that! I was shot at point-blank range, remember?”

“I know that,” she said, waving away his objection as if it were nothing. “But the fact remains that you’re not really dead. So what’s the point in carrying on pretending that you are?
lol Both of them were completely right, and making a lot of sense, but they just weren't connecting, were they?

So, angst and all, it was a fun read. I'll be here when you two decide to write some more... waiting... more-or-less patiently (more "less" than "more", actually). So carry on-- go ahead, write some more!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely story. thumbsup Too bad she didn't smack him around with Kryptonite but I guess you can't have everything. laugh Seriously, it was wonderful. notworthy And the solution seemed so simple and sensible once I read it (natch). You based their behavior on the series characters' and every word was believable.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! What a nice solution! So sweet too! For the last few parts, I'd been thinking you weren't able to solve it, especially not in such a short time, but you did it and I'm really impressed. You two really need to write more stories together. wink (And that's no excuse for Kae *not* to work other stuff in the mean time! laugh )

I've enjoyed this story, mainly because of all the angst. You two are really good at that together and did I mention I love angst? <g>

Anyway, nice wrap-up to an already excellent story. I love that article (a year ago I would've had complaints about it, but now, it's way better than I can do wink ), I love how you brought Clark back... heck, I just love everything about the story! So kudos! thumbsup

Sas smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Columnist
Columnist
ok, I guess That is what i was expecting,,.....hehehehe

Great end!!!!!!! Girls you are so great writers thumbsup

Lois & Clark in love and happy blush
Karla

Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally taking the time to reply to all your wonderful comments. smile We can't tell you how thrilled we've been to share this story with you all - yes, we had a blast writing it together of course, but you made it an even more fantastic thing by giving us your reactions, screams of despair and sighs of resignations over Lois and Clark's lunkheadness. wink We're totally delighted of course that you liked the final section and the way we brought Clark back (most of that idea is courtesy of Bethy and her clever suggestions smile ).

So many, many, many thanks again, from both of us. You guys are fantastic readers! notworthy

Wendy and Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard