Print Thread
#188689 07/23/07 04:07 AM
K
Kal-El Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
K
does anybody know what superpower superman tries to use on lois to get her to tell him where woody samms is when they swap bodies in S4Ep20 Ive got you under my skin. his eyes appear to glow red

"Oh no Lois don't. I may throw up!"
#188690 07/23/07 04:52 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm pretty sure he was just threatening to use his heat vision. Like... building up to it slowly so his eyes shone red to scare her. That's what I always thought he was doing.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#188691 07/23/07 11:36 PM
K
Kal-El Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
K
i thought that too at first but in the episode with the ark where the whacko wants to flood the earth, clark uses a power to single out specific handwriting engravings on a desk his eyes glow yellow, maybe its just another power we never see him use. i saw on wikipedia that in the olden days supes had hypnotic powers and tele kinetic powers. what do you think?

#188692 07/24/07 01:06 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm pretty sure it's heat vision and he's threatening to burn her. I haven't watched the episode in a long time, so I could be wrong, but doesn't he burn a hole in the wall or door next to her to make the point? (I have a clear memory of that in my head, but I could just be making it up. laugh )

Either way, the show had previously established that red eyes = use of heat vision, so it seem most likely it was heat vision he was threatening to use on her.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#188693 07/24/07 01:18 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hi... new here... blush

I recently read an article about superman’s powers, which was very interesting. It said that must of his powers were misinterpreted. Like his x-ray vision, was not really x-ray. There’s no way he could emit x-rays through his eyes, it requires a source that would aim the x-rays toward the receiving end. Superman, when seeing through things was actually sensing some kind of energy field. Lead is dense therefore it has a dense field that would be hard to distinguish.

So that’s why people think he actually shoots x-rays through his eyes. When he was trying to single out specific handwriting engravings, just like Lois, as Ultra Woman, tried to make out the series of numbers in the black board. They were actually using their special vision! As to the supposed hypnotic powers and tele kinetic powers. I think there can be something like that.

There are some people that believe WE have this kid of power. There’s something to do with only using 10% of the brain. Or something like that! What if superman discovered how to use it. And we were told that Kryptonians can communicate telepathically. So why not?

#188694 07/24/07 03:43 AM
K
Kal-El Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
K
dude, when i say this i mean it in the most respectful way possible but WTF?! lol i dont quite follow

#188695 07/24/07 06:41 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
dedecasale-- Hi! Welcome to the boards. Those are some interesting things you brought up. Thanks for sharing it. laugh

And Kal-El, I'm 99.5 percent sure he was using his heat vision. When he was at the cabin in Just Say Noah I believe he was using his x-ray vision and it burned red so the audience knew what he was seeing/doing.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#188696 07/24/07 11:30 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I agree, Laura. Whenever Clark was using one of his powers, the special effects people would just make his eyes glow to let the audience know what power he was using. All of his other powers (for the most part) have some kind of physical proof that he's doing something "super." Sight isn't really tangible so they just made his eyes glow.

Hope that helps!

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard