Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#187647 04/11/07 07:01 AM
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Don't know about the science of this, but did you ever wonder about the bomb Clark through up in TAGD and any others damaging the earth's atmosphere if he threw them high enough?

Message to admins: this might do better in the LnC or OT forums.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#187648 04/11/07 07:53 AM
Kerth
Kerth
What sort of bomb was it? If it was a nuclear bomb, it should have caused some fallout. (rain with radiation) But the severity of that depends on a) how much radiation the bomb blew into the atmoshpere, and b) how high up it was. I imagine that, if the bomb exploded high enough, the radiation would have been spread thin enough to not cause any damage.

Come to think of it, alpha-particles should be able to damage the ozone layer profoundly, I think. But I'm no expert.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#187649 04/11/07 08:40 AM
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I thought of it while reading in a fic about Supes throwing a bomb into the stratosphere.

Don't think any of them were nuclear, but wouldn't the explosion of a normal bomb do something too.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard