Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. wave

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Columnist
Columnist
just the last part.....the end is so close....

I like this part...

Lois..what are you waiting for? Just tell him what you feel.

ASAP the last part please.

karla

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Anna

I've just caught Up with this story. smile

I'm so glad you are reposting. I really like the changes you have made. smile1

Tricia cool

A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Really enjoying this.... Though as is my opinion on most things I read, it could work really well as a longer work.

So if, a few years from now, you decide to rewrite your rewrite, we'll all be waiting eagerly. laugh

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have waited this story to continue. It is very interesting premise. Clark, Lois and Jon's feelings are described convincingly.

Yet, I have difficulties to stomach this:

“Jon is in the same class with, how many? Fifteen, twenty children? He talks to his friends every day, he sees their families through their eyes and he compares them to his. And he gets hurt about it. He finds his family ruined.”

“We’re not ruined!”

“Yes, we are. Maybe from your point of view we aren’t, but Jon looks at it more closely. Dad and Mom live separately. They keep fighting. They don’t love each other. That’s it.”
I understand that Jon is hurt because his parents fight all the time, but where can one nowadays find a kindergarten where there aren't many children whose parents are divorced and where all the rest apparently happy families? There are many divorced parents who don't fight and many married parents who fight (and not necessarily only with words).

I don't believe that a child compares his family with that of his friends. On the contrary, a child finds his family "normal" whatever it is (like Lois did).

Secondly, I think it is too easy a solution if Lois and Clark remarry. Lois has serious problems with raising a child (she can't keep her temper, she doesn't know how to talk to a child, she doesn't even understand his needs and feelings) and she clearly needs to se Dr Friskin reagularly. Also, Clark haven't made Lois's task easier: evidently, Clark has taken all the "fun" parts, leaving Lois the "work".

I think it would be a good solution that Jon would live with Clark f.ex. six months and Lois could "play" with him two hours a day. Superman could have a vacation.

After that, Clark and Lois could start to date and have family therapy. If they remarry now, I don't think they will stop fighting.

Gabriele
Kerth
Kerth
Yay! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Thanks for your comments, everyone!

Gabriele:
I understand that Jon is hurt because his parents fight all the time, but where can one nowadays find a kindergarten where there aren't many children whose parents are divorced and where all the rest apparently happy families? There are many divorced parents who don't fight and many married parents who fight (and not necessarily only with words).
I agree. So that's why there were Ann and Ike at the kindergarten.
As for the rest of the children... well, I'm not suggesting that they lived in perfect families of some sort. But, as far as I can remember from my own time at the kindergarten, we never discussed our families in depth. The only family problems we were aware of were the blatant ones. For example, I doubt that my classmates knew that my father lived in an island far away, because he worked at a school there, and that my brother and I only saw him during the holidays. So I figured that Jon wouldn't be aware of such problems either.

I don't believe that a child compares his family with that of his friends. On the contrary, a child finds his family "normal" whatever it is (like Lois did).
This is a matter of perspective, imho. Maybe I'm depending too much on my own experiences.

Thanks for your opinions anyway smile I know this story is far from perfect, but I hope it's enjoyable enough smile

I have class in a few minutes, so I gotta run. I'll try to post part 5 tonight, though.

See ya!
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard