Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18719 12/18/04 10:09 AM
avia Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Yep, this part definitely was more A-plot oriented but the way I look at it is “This brings them closer to having Luthor out of the picture so they can be together!”. Besides, it’s a good A-plot and I really liked the way Henderson just got things rolling. Love Henderson. thumbsup

Now, just to have Luthor behind bars and maybe someone’s wife and I’ll be all WAFFy inside. evil

The B-plot tidbits were very nice and I simply adore the way Superman is being created in front of our amazed eyes.

Bring on the next part!
Avia

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Merriwether
Merriwether
Woohoo! dance Luthor's behind bars, and won't be getting out any time soon. Looks like he won't be taking any plungers, either. Plus, we have the early idea of Superman coming about, with Lois taking the lead, of course. I can't wait to see how you wrap this up. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well this is going along at a good pace. Now get her divorced so she can kiss Clark. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ooohhh i LOVE this story!! please more soon!!!!

Holding off on the kiss is BRILLIANT for their chemistry!! WE're holding our breath!! clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper Henderson work fast.

confused What about Perry, Jimmy and the Planet?

confused What is Nigel up to?

confused What about Lois divorce?

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy! clap clap clap
Finally RL is taking a break and I can be on the boards again!
Your story is so very very good! I love your Lois, so brave! (even if she was fooled by Luthor once again, frown poor girl), and it's always a pleasure to read a Superman in the making plot too, ol'Lex's going to have a stroke when he'll see the New Wonder Man for the first time!
May I have the next part now, please? laugh
No?
Ok, I have to wait for few days, that's okay, I can be patient(?), but perhaps you can make us happy with the next part of "The dark side of Christmas"! wink

Just a tiny thing:

I grabbed people out of the path of the lava the last time Vesuvius erupted
Perhaps it's Etna or Stromboli? Vesuvius' last eruption was in 1944, just while Allies were entering in Napoli; but if a man can fly, Vesuvio can erupt wink (not that Neapolitans'd be happy: forecast speak about a Big One in the near future very similar to the Mount S. Helen one! eek )

Simona smile

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

I've just read the last few parts. smile
They're excellent. Superbly written! smile1

Tricia cool

M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Am I the only person that's feeling a little concerned right now? With 3 more parts to go, the resolution at this stage seems a little too perfect to me.

There's still time for the rollar coaster to take a sudden plunge downwards before Clark as Superman swoops in to save the day, making his grand debut at the same time. Yep, I'm expecting things to go horribly wrong. smile

Great part, as usual.

twins
metwin1

Kerth
Kerth
Wow! eek

Henderson was fast! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just two things:

Luthor behind bars: YES, GREAT, clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, only three parts to go now! I notice, though, that one person at least is getting somewhat concerned about that fact:

Am I the only person that's feeling a little concerned right now? With 3 more parts to go, the resolution at this stage seems a little too perfect to me.

There's still time for the rollar coaster to take a sudden plunge downwards before Clark as Superman swoops in to save the day, making his grand debut at the same time. Yep, I'm expecting things to go horribly wrong.
Hmm. Very pessimistic there, Metwin1! Now, normally I'd be coy and say wait and see, but this time I'll remind you of what I said on the previous instalment: I've eschewed a really complex A-plot in this story in favour of trying to get Lois out of her situation reasonably convincingly but also without too much delay. wink We'll just have to see, when it's all posted, whether you find it convincing.

There was one big development in this part:

Luthor's behind bars, and won't be getting out any time soon.
yay, Luthor's behind bars. Hopefully, he'll stay there.
Luthor behind bars: YES, GREAT
Well, I'm glad you're all happy. laugh Erica, if you're reading this... sorry, but it had to happen. wink

And another development seemed to please some of you:

I simply adore the way Superman is being created in front of our amazed eyes.
laugh Thank you, Avia!

we have the early idea of Superman coming about, with Lois taking the lead, of course.
Superman is being born!
it's always a pleasure to read a Superman in the making plot too
Super Rescue Guy: goofy

Oh, and Nicole:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Holding off on the kiss is BRILLIANT for their chemistry!! WE're holding our breath!!
Thank you!! See, everyone? Someone gets it! goofy

Okay, I see there are other questions, such as how Lois will get divorced and whether they'll get Jimmy out of jail and the Planet back... well, same answer as always. RAFO. wink

Thank you all! Part 8 coming up very soon.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, I'm glad you're all happy. Erica, if you're reading this... sorry, but it had to happen.
Okay. I was checking if I really read this one or not, but thanks Lex I didn't. Everybody in this chapter is saying that my hero is behind bars! What's this? Isn't it enough what they had done with him on the series? Why people hate him so much? confused He's the most romantic person in the world. He's the only one who ever died for love whereas Clark or superman almost got Lois killed TWICE for his own interests. Ha!! Talk about love! razz

Lex... don't listen to them. Wendy is evil, but I'm sure she doesn't mean it. She's a writer, and writers need to pick up villains for their stories. But for me you're not a villain. I love you! goofy

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mad Dog Lane:
<strong>But for me you're not a villain. I love you! laugh

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I'm going to try my best to finish this tonight!! (Does 3am still count as night? <g>)

She was - no, she had been; not any more - the best investigative reporter in the business.
Oh!! frown It's so sad that she's lost confidence in herself. Sure, you could take this comment as literal - that she isn't *currently* a reporter, therefore she can't be the best, but we know that Lois doesn't think that way. Hopefully, Clark can restore her trust in her, her self-confidence. (And btw... that kiss we've been waiting for wouldn't hurt either!! wink )

Lex was in prison! That could mean that she was safe - he couldn’t try to kill her from a prison-cell, could he?
Well... yeah, he probably could. And I'm not so sure about him actually *staying* in prison. frown

Lois turned to Clark; he scribbled for a second and then handed her a piece of very neatly-written-on paper. She raised her eyebrow. Super-hearing and super-speed. Right.
Hee hee!! That's cute!! I love it when Clark does simple little things like this! *sigh*

“Hey, if anybody’s going to wring your neck one of these days, Lane, it’s going to be me.” And with a short bark of laughter Henderson hung up.
Awwww!! smile

“Yeah, but neither Luthor nor this Nigel know who they’re dealing with,” Clark reminded her, wanting to reach out for her again but unsure if she’d welcome it now. He could see how hard she was fighting to keep control of her emotions. “If they want you, they’ve got to come through me.”
smile smile

He nodded. That was something he’d been aware of for some time - that, while he couldn’t be hurt, his parents could. It had forced him to limit his activities considerably. “Yeah. That’s what I hate, you know? There’s so much I could do - stuff I’d love to be able to do. But if the world knew that Clark Kent could stop avalanches or put out fires with his breath or land planes on his back...”
dance I see Superman in the near future!!! <g>

Clark shrugged. “Just things I’ve done a couple of times.”

“You what?”
LOL!!! I love his nonchalance!!

Lois was looking thoughtful. Suddenly, she looked up, and he could see a light in her eyes which worried him slightly. It held determination and inspiration; it made him wonder if he was seeing Lois Lane, famous investigative reporter, once more.

“You know what you need?” she said, her tone suggesting that she intended to brook no argument.

“What?” he asked warily.
LOL! I love that he's wary! Here comes Superman!! laugh

“Probably,” Clark agreed. And it was something else he’d done secretly in the past. “Lois, the problem is that people tend to be... well, scared of anyone who’s different. And when those differences include making someone powerful enough to... Lois, if I wanted, I could take over the world! There’s nothing strong enough to beat me. I could crush a human being between two fingers if I wanted to. That’s more than enough for people - for governments - to decide that I’m a threat.”
Awww!!! frown

“...and, in breaking news, this shock report: Lex Luthor, head of LexCorp, Luthor Industries and a number of other companies, has been arrested on charges of receiving stolen goods after several priceless art treasures were found in his possession and with his fingerprints on them. In even more disturbing news, our sources within the MPD suggest that Mr Luthor is also being questioned concerning the disappearance of his wife, Lois Lane Luthor, who it appears may not have perished in Lake Superior, as was reported yesterday.
dance

Yay!!! A quick wrap up!!!! Now... nothing better go wrong!! You hear me, Wendy?!

Sara (who is kind of worried... there *are* 3 more parts left...)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard