Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#187146 03/04/07 09:39 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Does anybody know why the writers put in the whole clone thing in season 3? I've read somewhere that the big people from the channel wanted a 7 episode story ark but the writers only wanted 3 episodes so they settled for 5. but why did they wanted it anyway? They must have know it wasn't going to do well on the ratings, right?
Because I was watching I Now Pronounce You the other day and it actually a nice episode well except for the end :p

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#187147 03/05/07 05:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The story I recall hearing is that they were trying to coordinate the TV wedding date with the comic book wedding date. Due to poor communication or something, that got messed up. The comics wedding was actually one issue later than the TV people thought.

The L&C crew had already shot the wedding ep, and it was due to air shortly. To make matters worse, the comic comes out once a month. L&C aired once a week. Four weeks to a month. One issue = four eps. So they had to find a way to put the "real" wedding off an extra four eps.

And there you have it. The ARGH. They reshot the end of the ep they had to undo the wedding, then hastily put together four eps with "plots" that would put off the wedding until it was time.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#187148 03/05/07 01:23 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
But then they didn't actually get married until next season. Why wasn't Oedipus Wrecks a wedding ep, then?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#187149 03/05/07 04:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know, I don't remember. I think there were further miscommunications and difficulties, but I'm not sure.

Think there might also have been something about some of the higher ups (show, comics, or both) being afraid of "Moonlighting Syndrome," where letting the main characters get together took all the tension (and thus the viewer interest) out of things.

Anyone else have better/clearer knowledge to share?

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#187150 03/05/07 05:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It seems I remember hearing that regardless of the fact that DC comics wanted them to get married that the network folks still didn't want it to happen and they fought it.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#187151 03/05/07 07:52 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
thank you! I really appriciate it.
Now that you have mentioned it I do remember something about the comics.
I do wish that had gone for another story though :p

Well, thank again! :p

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard