Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Here is the original

[Linked Image]

Here is the modified.

[Linked Image]

There are thirteen (13) differences.**

**As I have been told by my wife, some people may count multiple things as one thing.

Let's say that I removed something from the foreground. This would mean that I would have to correct the background to help 'erase' the object. I count this as two changes, not one (squirrely logic, I know, but it's my brain and I am sticking to it.)

Likewise, if I move an object to another location, and change it's size at the same time, I would call that two changes not one.

Some are obvious, some are really hard. Hopefully, it will take longer than 30 minutes for y'all to find them.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#186841 02/05/07 09:58 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
1) The shadow on the wall has a yellow "beak."
2) The suitcase in the foreground has a larger half toward the front.
3) The shadow on the back wall is solid, instead of letting light through in spots.
4) There's a Coca Cola-looking thing on the left-hand side, instead of that thing that looks like a white fisted glove is sticking out of it.
5) There's no chair.
6) The color of whatever it is on the back wall has been changed from grey to purple.
7) The lamp in the background has been turned off.
8) There are no striped shadows going across the foot of the bed.
9) There's a new discoloration on the left-hand wall.
10)The phone is longer.
11)The shadow above the phone is taller.
12)The trim on the back wall now extends to the grate-thingy (is that a window?).
13)The shadows have been lightened on the right-hand wall, especially at the joining of floor and wall, where you can see that the crease is whiter.

And that only took about 10 minutes.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#186842 02/05/07 10:18 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Holy Hanna, DS, you must really like these kind of things!

You have it mostly right. I'll give you credit where I can.

Originally posted by DSDragon:
thumbsup 1) The shadow on the wall has a yellow "beak."
thumbsup 2) The suitcase in the foreground has a larger half toward the front.
thumbsup 3) The shadow on the back wall is solid, instead of letting light through in spots.
(yes, that is because I removed the "white fisted glove"(which, upon closer inspection is an emergancy flashlight/torch))
thumbsup 4) There's a Coca Cola-looking thing on the left-hand side, instead of that thing that looks like a white fisted glove is sticking out of it.
thumbsup 5) There's no chair.
thumbsup 6) The color of whatever it is on the back wall has been changed from grey to purple.
(yes, that would be called fixing the wallpaper to get rid of the chair(didn't bother to get the color out of it, or it would have been harder to see...))
confused 7) The lamp in the background has been turned off.
(Not sure what you are talking about here)
thumbsup 8) There are no striped shadows going across the foot of the bed.
(part of getting rid of the chair, so this would be 14 on my list, good catch thumbsup )
thumbsup 9) There's a new discoloration on the left-hand wall.
(ahem, that discoloration is Mr. Data's face, on it's side, but I will give it to you.)
thumbsup 10)The phone is longer.
thumbsup 11)The shadow above the phone is taller.
(That is actually part of the lengthening of the phone ((sigh)) so that would be 15 on my list.)
thumbsup 12)The trim on the back wall now extends to the grate-thingy (is that a window?).
(yes)
frown 13)The shadows have been lightened on the right-hand wall, especially at the joining of floor and wall, where you can see that the crease is whiter.
(nope, if you notice the color of the joining is exactly the same color, in the crease and the lower wall has not be touched.)

And that only took about 10 minutes.
I will say that there is something done to the floor and there are are two additional things that haven't been noticed yet.

James, who is really going to have to pull out all the stops on the next one... wink

#186843 02/05/07 02:17 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I found DS's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11 and 12. Also:

- The colour of the floor is lighter.
- The colour on the door has been smoothened and some stains have faded/been removed as a result.
- The shadow near Clark's hand is black.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#186844 02/05/07 02:24 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
There's a lamp on the far side of the bed . . . in the top pic there's nothing but light underneath it, but in the bottom pic there's shadows. I thought you were going for the "light's been turned off" look.

13)The shadows have been lightened on the right-hand wall, especially at the joining of floor and wall, where you can see that the crease is whiter.
(nope, if you notice the color of the joining is exactly the same color, in the crease and the lower wall has not be touched.)
Weird! When I was at work, it looked different . . . darker on the top, and lighter on the bottom. But now, here on my laptop, they both look the same.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#186845 02/05/07 05:11 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I found all that DSDragon got right, and also:

- the phone is closer to the door;
- the top hinge of the door is lower;
- the bottom hinge of the door is higher;
- has the fact that the floor changed from gray to beige (or sand, whatever you call that color), been mentioned yet? EDIT: It seems AnnaBtG has mentioned this.

malu

#186846 02/05/07 09:59 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
(That is actually part of the lengthening of the phone ((sigh)) so that would be 15 on my list.)
Actually, the lengthening of the phone would have no effect on the aforementioned shadow. that shadow is only affected by the top part of the phone. However, moving the phone closer to the door as someone mentioned would affect the shadow.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#186847 02/06/07 06:22 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Great hunting, people!

Ok, they have all been found...

DSDragon first...

Originally posted by DSDragon:
There's a lamp on the far side of the bed . . . in the top pic there's nothing but light underneath it, but in the bottom pic there's shadows. I thought you were going for the "light's been turned off" look.

Weird! When I was at work, it looked different . . . darker on the top, and lighter on the bottom. But now, here on my laptop, they both look the same.
#7. Ok, I think I understand what you are talking about. If you are talking about the lamp on the desk, then it was unintentional that I removed the effects of the light on the bed and the back wall. If that is not it, then I am still confused. The shadow on the backwall was created by the flashlight/torch on the shelf behind the bed and so, when I removed the fl/t I decided to remove that shadow.

#13. I think that is a trick of the eye on that one. because the coloring of the floor is lighter, then the crease also appears lighter.

Anna B. the Greek turn
Originally posted by Anna B. the Greek:
I found DS's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11 and 12. Also:

thumbsup - The colour of the floor is lighter.
frown - The colour on the door has been smoothened and some stains have faded/been removed as a result.
--> Actually, no the door itself was not changed, except for the little bits around the hinges. ( thumbsup Malu)
blush - The shadow near Clark's hand is black.
--> Again, an unintentional affect of replacing the wallpaper behind Clark with a darker version of it, and trying to get rid of the shadow of the chair.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
So, officially, I give thee 2 additional points.

Malu's turn...

QUOTE]Originally posted by malu:
I found all that DSDragon got right, and also:

thumbsup - the phone is closer to the door;
thumbsup - the top hinge of the door is lower;
thumbsup - the bottom hinge of the door is higher;
- has the fact that the floor changed from gray to beige (or sand, whatever you call that color), been mentioned yet? EDIT: It seems AnnaBtG has mentioned this.

malu
[/QUOTE]

dance The last two have been found!!

Actually, I counted both hinges as one thing, so ok, there are 16 things...

Answer for Woody...

Originally posted by woody:
Actually, the lengthening of the phone would have no effect on the aforementioned shadow. that shadow is only affected by the top part of the phone. However, moving the phone closer to the door as someone mentioned would affect the shadow.
In the real world that would be correct, but in the world of photo manipulation, it is not, especially if the 'shadow' is part the 'phone' layer that got stretched to create the longer phone in the first place. Likewise, the movement of the phone would not have any affect on the shadows generated by the phone in a photo.

Here is the visual check list...

[Linked Image]

Now I need to create another one that is even more devious... devil

James

Bit of trivia...The Coke Glass was added from Superman II. It came from the scene where Clark is going to get a hot dog to avoid answering Lois's question after the little boy was saved.

#186848 02/06/07 12:21 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
#7. Ok, I think I understand what you are talking about. If you are talking about the lamp on the desk, then it was unintentional that I removed the effects of the light on the bed and the back wall. If that is not it, then I am still confused. The shadow on the backwall was created by the flashlight/torch on the shelf behind the bed and so, when I removed the fl/t I decided to remove that shadow.
Nope, that's not what I was talking about. Right next to what you call the wallpaper, on the left and at the far side, head of the bed, there is a SECOND lamp. Originally, underneath that lamp was very bright, but in your changed pic, there's an extra shadow. That's what I was talking about. smile

Anyway, looking forward to the next challenge!

Darcy\'s Place
#186849 02/06/07 04:28 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
DSDragon is talking about THIS lamp (first image from original, second from modified), I think:
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Look above the pillow.

malu

#186850 02/06/07 05:44 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Originally posted by malu:
DSDragon is talking about THIS lamp (first image from original, second from modified), I think:
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Look above the pillow.

malu
The hubby, picked up the laptop and took a closer look, and said "Wow, I didn't even see that one there!"

He thought it was the shadow of the lamp on the desk.

He says, "Sorry blush "

Elisabeth

#186851 02/06/07 05:50 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
If you look close, there is the shadow of the other lamp on the desk, and the lamp on this corner is kind of turned toward the camera so it's a little hidden in the shadows. It IS hard to see, especially if your computer screen doesn't help much. It took me a few minutes staring at the corner to be able to tell the difference between the lamp and the shadow, so don't feel bad. smile I think my new glasses helped, too (I'm seeing so much better).

malu

#186852 02/07/07 07:14 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yup, that's the lamp I was talking about. smile

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard