#18625 12/16/04 03:12 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, Wendy, nice! I like this fast pace of events. <g> And I love it that
Perry's in the picture too! smile

"If you trust him, that's good enough for me." He smiled. "Okay, how
do we make progress on the explosion investigation? You know more about it
than I do."
I love it that he said this. That he trusts her judgement. I wonder if Lois noticed that, too. She's probably still insecure about her trust and judgement of people (though she seems to trust Clark pretty deeply), and I imagine she might be questioning herself if certain people in her life are in fact who she thought they were. Not necessarily people she's known for as long as she'd known Perry and Henderson, but maybe other people.

Her breath caught. And she took a hesitant step towards him.

He moved towards her, but then halted. "Lois..."
/me takes out infamous light sabre and threatens Clark with it.

Seriously, man, just kiss her. <g>

Clark chose to remain silent as Lois gave the brief, sanitised explanation of how she'd survived her near-encounter with drowning. White gave him a look of gratitude and admiration once Lois explained that he'd saved her; he had the impression that he'd suddenly climbed several notches in the retired editor's estimation.
This isn't very clarified - did she tell him the real version or the I-was-washed-ashore version? I assume she told him at the very least something in between, because he knows that Clark rescued her, but did they go all the way to tell him about his powers? (/me fears Wendy will say RAFO <g>)

Oh, Lois... He ached to hold her, to take her in her arms and tell her that it didn't matter.
Do it!!!!!

He wondered if he should risk even giving her hand a comforting squeeze, but regretfully decided that he'd better not; after all, no matter what the circumstances, she was still married. And he had no idea whether it would bother her if her former editor realised that the two of them were more than friends, even if they hadn't so far done anything beyond talk about their feelings.
Friends can give each other reassuring squeezes, you paranoid lunkhead. <G>

Clark winced inwardly at that. He'd seen yesterday how humiliated and angry with herself Lois felt at not having seen through her husband.
Poor Lois. frown I feel for her - it's the worst feeling, putting your trust into someone and being betrayed, and then on top of that being told you were about the only person who was wrong about them. frown

Great part, Wendy, hope the next one is up soon. smile smile smile

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/me pumps a fist into the air. I knew it! Okay, not really. My first guess into anything is usually completely off base, so I generally don't put a lot of stock in some of the things that come out of my babbling mouth. :p

Meanwhile, action packed part! It's good to see ye olde Chief getting into the swing of the investigation as well...I look forward to seeing where this all goes.

JD

[Linked Image] <--me puddling in a happy state

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ahhhh! <happy sigh> Things are moving along nicely now. The stolen art angle is quite believable (except for the Venus de Milo's arms-- rotfl!).

I, too, am glad that Perry's been brought in on all this-- the Lois-and-Clark together thing and their suspicions, that is. I don't think they told him about Clark's special abilities-- hence the description of the "sanitised" version, right? Oh, and I'm glad you've got Henderson in there, too.

I like how you've helped explain, again, Lois's inability to recognise what Lex really was, vs. Perry's suspicions. And I thought Perry was pretty sensitive to that, actually. He did mention that he'd had his suspicions about Lex, but he didn't rub it in.

Once they come up with some clues about the Planet bombing, and Henderson publicly acts on the "tip" he received, I suspect you can jump forward a bit in this story (as far as time goes, that is), if you want to. You can set up the end of the story with the Planet being rebuilt, Lex incarcerated, Jimmy sprung, and Lois divorced. Then... smootchies, as so many before me have said!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Kerth
Kerth
Luthor watch your back!!! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Well, it wasnt a kiss, but a very good hug. That will have to do frown

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Henderson and Perry are joining the race to get Luthor down, yay! I can't wait for that moment! And then Lois and Clark will hopefully finally be free to pursue a relationship...

Sira - thumbsup

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,
Another great part. I really like the way the A plot develops although Lois and Clark may want to check on how Luthor manages to acquire all these stolen pieces of art - there must be private money transfers that will help them nail Lex.

I really liked the way you brought in Henderson and Perry - very well done and very much in character.

Here's my favorite quote:
She knew what he was thinking. “Clark... I just need a hug. Is that too much to ask? I know how you feel about me being married still...”

In an instant, he was beside her. “A hug is never too much to ask.” And he enfolded her in his arms, his chin resting on top of her head as he cradled her against him.
<me checks and still can't find a graemlin that turns into a WAFFy puddle>.

It's very much in character for Clark to avoid a 'romantic' contact with a married Lois and very much in character for him not to be able to withhold comfort from her.

And what about Lex's Ark? Shouldn't have Clark spotted it during his check? Or at least spotted a big chunk of lead concealing it? That could supply them with some more leads.

There seems to be a lot yet to cover in this and not that many parts. Of course, I won't mind if this turns out to be a longer story or if you decide to write an all WAFFy sequel. hyper

Always waiting for the next part wink ,
Avia

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great wendy. I am glad they found Lex's art treasures. Now that they met with Perry Lex should be behind bars real soon. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well there has definitly some progress made in their investigation of Luthor.

Can Henderson act on Lois' tip without a personal deposition or some such public accusation to take to a judge for a warrant?

So, Lois will have to stay in hiding for a time? No chance. There's an investigation to be run. That means Lois needs a disguise!

Tank (who doesn't have to remind Wendy that the most effect part of a disguise for a woman is a... does he really have to say it?)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm being 'reminded' on IRC that I sort of promised another post of this story today, and certain people assume that this means 'today' in European timezones. goofy So here I am again to thank you all for your comments on this section.

We're into a part of the story which I felt, while writing, was a little A-plot-heavy. Thanks to the help of my BRs, I did manage to include a few B-plottish bits here and there, and I hope it's enough for you relationship-plot fans. Thank you, SJH, for being happy with the hug! laugh Julie, I'm sorry that you're getting frustrated with Clark longing to comfort Lois but not daring. wink But, remember, they were with Perry at the time. He's only just met Perry and, of course, knows that he's Lois's former boss. Perry also knows, of course, that Lois is married to Lex Luthor - so there's no way that Clark would do anything untoward in front of him. goofy

Glad the art treasure-trove worked for you as a start in getting to Lex! laugh

The stolen art angle is quite believable (except for the Venus de Milo's arms-- rotfl!).
Thank you, Janet! The Venus's arms were actually in The Foundling, where we saw Lex's basement 'art gallery'. I elaborated on what else might have been there, but couldn't resist keeping the arms. wink

I see lots more speculation on how Lex could be dealt with, and what sort of dangers might lie in their path. However, I decided not to make this an epic, so let's just say that we're not looking at a marathon investigation here. Perhaps a lucky break or two. wink After all, I did promise to tie this up in three stories, no more - so, Avia, no WAFFy sequel, sorry! I hope you'll be satisfied with the way I wrap this up.

Anyway, thank you all again! Part 7 coming up very soon - and I hope it's in time, Avia! wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
“...and it would get him off our backs for the time being,” Clark finished, echoing Lois’s thoughts. It occurred to her briefly to wonder if reading minds was also one of his special skills. But she decided not; after all, he’d been amazed to hear that she’d fallen in love with him too this week.
Awww!!!! smile

“Let me take a look.” Clark sounded decisive. “Tell me every building he owns in Metropolis. I’ll start there.”
LOL... gee, Clark, even for you, that could take a while. laugh

Lois’s head shot up; she was sitting on the sofa and had been bent over her pad, apparently deep in thought. “What? You only just left!”

“I’m quick,” he said with a grin.
razz

Sara (who is giong to take a little break and read the rest later goofy )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard