Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#183935 08/23/06 06:43 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
I have a question for everyone. I was explaining to someone this week who saw my background on my computer (which of course was L&C) why I liked the show so much and they responded "you like it cause it is very much like your life". I never thought of this, but I did marry my partner. One of us is from the big city and the other from a small rural community. HAHA- I never really thought about it. Did anyone else marry their partner? Just wondering smile

Amanda

"Don't fall for me farm boy, I don't have time for it." LL
#183936 08/23/06 08:01 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Actually, I didn't marry my partner but in my department's working a real cute guy which I wouldn't say "no" to wink

But I have a best friend (which i share a flat with) and he's closer than anybody's ever come to me.
Everybody thinks we'd make up the perfect couple but I refuse to try it cause I don't want to imagine what might happen if it wouldn't work out.

So...we're friends...partners...forever smile

Bye,

Jana

PS: With us, it's me coming from a small village and he from the metropole wink

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
#183937 09/03/06 04:02 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Hey, friendofck weare your partner glasses or a lot ties??? Maybe you have a real Superman? smile1

Lois is in trouble! Lois is in trouble!
Well, I have all the rats and you don't have any!
I could get those if I wanted!
Oh, can I have a rat, Chief? Can I have, please?
Clark, you want me send you in the dark room?
Dark room?
You heard me!
No.
#183938 09/03/06 06:29 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I almost married a doctor that I worked closely with. Nightmare... Not such a good example, eh? (Had to work with him after we broke up, too...)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#183939 09/03/06 08:35 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I like the show so much, because there are lots of similarities between Lois and me.
I'm in love with my best friend (we're not working together, but we were on the same school), he wears glasses and ties and has the same haircut as Dean on the show. laugh
I'm too ambitious, love chocolate, cry when I watch a romantic movie, babble too much,... goofy

Lois Lane: Danger is my business!
#183940 09/03/06 01:19 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I suppose I could say I married my best friend. But I think everybody should be able to say that. And it's not like he was my best friend for 10 years or anything.

Other than that... nope. I'm nothing like Lois at all, I don't think. If anything, maybe we're closer to being switched, but I'm not all that like Clark, either. Even though I do tease my husband that he's high-maintenance.

Maybe that's part of what I *like* about the show. The characters are so well-drawn that they feel real, and I identify with them, even though they live such different lives.

#183941 09/03/06 06:35 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I've realized lately that I relate to all the characters in some way, some more than others, obviously. But I'd have to say that's a good reason to do with why I love the show so much, and *still* love it after so long.

Sara (who is too sleepy for a detailed response as she planned)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#183942 09/03/06 07:41 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've always been a little like Lois; I'm poorly domestic, and I'm not very stellar at relationships. Unfortunately most of the guys I have worked in the past with are gay, so there's no partnering up. goofy

But anyway, I just like the different L&C characters a lot, and I think the quality of writing keeps me coming back!

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#183943 09/10/06 12:04 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I agree -- I love the show because I identify with Lois Lane so much. She's "Everywoman" to a whole generation of young, professional, socially isolated, yuppie women wink I, too, have a demanding job, a dysfunctional family, a secret love of romance novels, ineptitude in the kitchen, and a tendency to watch soaps while eating ice-cream out of the tub. Every time I see Lois at home, scrubbing grout and wearing a schlumpy robe, I think, "Hey, that's me." And I fantasise, as every woman does, about a man who will never hurt me.

And when Clark comes along, Mr Nice Guy, farmboy in the big city, with his puppy-dog eyes, perfect parents and an inability to lie, I think, "I want him!" And I root for Lois and Clark, because if it could happen to her, it could happen to me, too.

-- Jude

"Some prices are just too high, no matter how much you may want the prize. The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
--Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory", 1996
#183944 09/13/06 04:26 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well my hubbie has a very dark humour, but other than that...gee wiz he has a great family (mine's dysfunctional), he's so gentle and caring (never what I'd expect to find; me being the dark negativist I am), he wants a family and make roots (I've always secretly wanted that, but didn't want to lay my feelings out like that and want to be a mum but afraid of it (not quite like Lois I guess)), he's cute :p

He's my best-friend and I can arugue with him all I want. Mind you, we've never had a fight. I'm waiting for it though dance

Oh, but do I wish I could have Lois' drive/ability to be the best. Also, the ability to consistently hit the gym would be great too!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#183945 09/13/06 05:30 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
He's my best-friend and I can argue with him all I want. Mind you, we've never had a fight. I'm waiting for it though. I wish there was a bit more excitment, but at least there is no Tempus or a Lex around!
SuperRoo, you must have read my mind. This is me and my husband to a T. I am so lucky, but sometimes I have to remind myself of that.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#183946 09/14/06 09:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
SuperRoo and Mrs. Mosley, YOU are very lucky and should remind yourselves of that often.

I must be the mostly odd one out here, because I consider myself quite feminine, but I identify way more with Clark / Superman. (I do admit a penchant for the occasional romance novel, but I'd much rather read Sue's and DJ's stuff.)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#183947 09/15/06 12:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I married my best friend as well. We've had a few *heated* arguments, but nothing any worse than Lois & Clark. drool

Hah Nancy! <DJ blushes> You flatter me. blush So sweet of you to say.

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#183948 09/15/06 04:51 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've asked my boyfriend about half a million times if he can fly... *lol*

He's from a very small town (about 2000 people), but works in the city (big city! Montreal is over a million people). He's really sweat and caring, well behaved like you can't imagine (he won't even cross the street unless the light is green... ever!) and honest - I swear this guy never lies! Plus he speaks several languages and has an incredibly broad general culture. Oh and he's even got dark hair and blue eyes like the comics version of Superman. smile

...and for some reason he's spent the last 10 years putting up with me. wink

I, on the other hand, am impulsive as hell and a bit loud, opinionated, not to mention very hard headed. I've mellowed down quite a bit, but it used to be I'd bulldoze over anyone that would stand in my way of something I wanted. hehehe. smile Oh, and did I mention, I cannot stand to lose... (I do have *some* qualities, too, I promise! I'm real loyal and I'd pretty much give you the shirt off my back if you needed it more than I do) No wonder I like Lois... No wonder I wanted to *be* Lois! wink

One thing bugs me, though - even though my boyfriend is different from all the other guys I've ever dated, I can still find several things similar between them and Superman/Clark... I wonder if that means that girls always end up finding superhero qualities to their boyfriends??

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#183949 09/16/06 04:28 PM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Hmmm...let's see. My husband and I...

* met at work
* were friends for a year before we started dating

He...

* is wonderfully sweet
* cooks way more than I do
* took an honesty test during a job interview and was told that no one is that honest so he must have been lying

while I...

* am very stubborn and headstrong
* swore I'd never get married before I met him
* love reading romance novels but usually keep them in book covers
* had a pageboy haircut for years but now it's only halfway down my neck

We do fight sometimes, usually because neither one wants to give in, but we've been married for almost 17 years (end of this month in fact).

And finally, here's our engagement picture:

[Linked Image]

I still like to tease him by callng him "my Clark"...

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard