Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I was getting a little giggle out of reading the "most hated Lois-outfit" thread, because there would be a seemingly unanimous opinion about some outfits being HORRIBLE... but then a couple of FoLCs would tentatively raise up a hand and say, "Hey... I kind of liked that outfit."

It made me wonder what other "questionable" L&C-related things/episodes you're "embarrassed" to admit you really liked!!

I'll go first: As per my pen-name, I've always loved Wanda Detroit (I know the opinions are back-and-forth about WD). AND -- I am especially embarrassed to admit -- I like the Clois arc.

*duck and cover!*

What about you??

--Wanda. peep

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! Good one Wanda.

Let's see, I'm sure there's many, many I could choose, but here's one:

peep I'm embarrassed to admit...

That if I'm in the mood to have my heart ripped out and spoon fed to me, that I will watch, rewind, rewatch, and repeat until satisfied - the part of "Home Is Where The Hurt Is" when Clark is so sick and Lois asks him to forgive her. He says for what (but he can barely even talk... ohhh, the heartache) and she says for putting him through this. He tells her she had no choice... we had no choice. Ugh! Sniffle, sniffle. The scene is so sweet and tender and heartwrenching and I love it.

It's particularly good for inspiring angsty stories.

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Blogger
Blogger
Well, I just finished watching 'Tempus Fugitive', and I rewound the part where he said, "No Lois, Superman is what I can do; Clark is who I am" So heartwrenching. I love it. smile

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Ah! I should mention, for my favorite heartwrenching scene, I watch (and rewind) "Witness" when Lois is attacked, revived, and begs Clark not to leave her..... oh my goodness, I'm so fuhklempt!

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I actually kinda like the clois arc too, although it did go on for too long. I would have preferred that they ended it after the escape from the tunnel. And some of my favorite scenes are in that arc, like the part where clark first calls lois honey and the part where the lab gets broken into and Dr. Klein is out of it. hyper

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
Blogger
Blogger
Originally posted by Wanda Detroit:
Ah! I should mention, for my favorite heartwrenching scene, I watch (and rewind) "Witness" when Lois is attacked, revived, and begs Clark not to leave her..... oh my goodness, I'm so fuhklempt!
Oh my gosh! No way, I do that too! goofy Seriously, I do it every time I watch that episode!!!

OOh...I love the kiss in Lucky Leon, too.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by daisymay390:
I actually kinda like the clois arc too, although it did go on for too long. I would have preferred that they ended it after the escape from the tunnel. And some of my favorite scenes are in that arc, like the part where clark first calls lois honey and the part where the lab gets broken into and Dr. Klein is out of it.
Agreed on all points!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Well I am embarassed to admit that I seriously have watched the last scene of "Church of Metroplis" when he comes to her apartment and dances with her like 50,000 times. I love it and the music, I swear I giggle every time I see it! The first time I saw it I was in sixth grade, and I never forgot it and now that I have it on DVD I watch it no lie, every week. My husband thinks I'm crazy.

In my opinion it just couldn't get any better than dancing with Dean Cain smile

Amanda

"Don't fall for me farm boy, I don't have time for it." LL
Columnist
Columnist
Heartwrenching??? TOGOM... Lois believing Clark had died before he ever knew she loved him. razz They somewhat made up for it when the two of them were locked in the cages together. That was one of best conversations they ever shared! thumbsup

But talk about the thing that's really bad... checking this site religiously because you're scared you might miss something. Something, I might add, about a show that's been OFF the air for years! evil In those quiet moments, when you've just read a fic that was especially good, or watched another episode for the thousandth time, you WOULD argue, passionately, that you DO believe a man can fly!! laugh

SQD

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Well this is really embarassing, but since we are sharing smile When I was in middle school when the show had just started my friends and I all through middle school would celebrate Deans birthday with cupcakes at my house. hahaha wow middle school so funny!

Amanda

"Don't fall for me farm boy, I don't have time for it." LL
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Wow MetroRhodes

I'm embarrassed to admit...

That if I'm in the mood to have my heart ripped out and spoon fed to me, that I will watch, rewind, rewatch, and repeat until satisfied - the part of "Home Is Where The Hurt Is" when Clark is so sick and Lois asks him to forgive her. He says for what (but he can barely even talk... ohhh, the heartache) and she says for putting him through this. He tells her she had no choice... we had no choice. Ugh! Sniffle, sniffle. The scene is so sweet and tender and heartwrenching and I love it.
What you said. Thats one one my favorite dramatic scenes in the whole series. Its an awesome scene. The acting was superb, the camera on Lois' profile as she whispered those words were just heartwrenching. Brilliantly filmed, scripted and acted.

BTW, I just read your 'Testing Grounds' and I loved how you evoked such an intense atmostphere while writing in the first person. Kudos to you. clap

Well you can count me in Wanda D . laugh

-- I am especially embarrassed to admit -- I like the Clois arc.

*duck and cover!*
Then I'm ducking with you. I like the Clois arc too. I loved it because we got to see Teri play Lois, Clois and Wanda and all with a distinct personality. I thought Clois was hilarious locked up in Star Labs and then she was so heartbreaking when she found out that she only had days to live. There was such a childlike innocence to the Clone that I was really sad for her. I also loved how Clark is so mad that he looses it in the news room, shaking the Lois Clone. Hee. And most of all, Wanda saying, "Nice to meet you Sugar". I mean, in what universe would Lois do that?

Now you want to really talk embarrassment?
I'm certain I'm in the minority of one when I say I liked 'Forget me not'. I liked it because it gave me a really good idea of what Lois was like without a wall ten feet thick. She was so sweet and trusting that I wanted that sweet Clark from the Alt universe to have this version of Lois. Her memory about wanting a real plane, a 747 made me laugh out loud.

Now, I'm ducking. But just to redeem myself, I've watched that 'Witness' episode tons of times. In all honesty, I find it hard not to love the series as a whole, I know we all have our favorites, but for me, the whole series just merges into a beautiful story of true and everlasting love throughtout time and in any time. Which brings me to 'Soul Mates'. love I find it difficult to dislike any part of it. I just love it all. smile

I guess the fact that we're still talking about it a decade after its been off the air, is a testament to the show's effect.

Lady Nancy Astor: "If I were married to you, I'd put poison in your coffee."
Winston Churchill: "If you were my wife, I'd drink it."
Kerth
Kerth
Just found this thread and thought I'd chime in. <g>

I hate the end of the Clois arc, but I will admit a fondness for (and repeated rewatching) of the honeymoon night that wasn't. Clark is just so... yummy, being all tender and sweet and seductive and it cracks me up every time when he realizes he's not going to get any.

I also love the kiss in the kitchen with Clois rolling her eyes while he kisses her. Ditto for the whole scene, really. Him, picking her up, carrying her into the bedroom and I LOL every time at the way Teri delivers the line "I sure do" when asked if she really wants Superman there. They lose me when he doesn't catch on when she's so shocked that he's Superman. Duh! Clark! <whack!>

I also love the scene on the floor in 'Witness' and the scene on his couch in the second Prankster episode when she shows up in the middle of the night.

It seems to be a consensus that 'Contact' was a bad ep, but I rather liked it. When she shows up at his apartment in the middle of the night, still in her pj's and has her little meltdown about "I was screaming and I was screaming and you weren't there" it just GETS me every time. Yeah, he breaks her heart at the end, and I remember being very upset when that episode aired, but kind of glad too. Every love story needs an obstacle. <shrugs>

Truthfully, my guilty secret is that I found this site umpteen years after the show went off the air and now I stay up late nights to write fanfic for it. wink

Sue

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
It seems to be a consensus that 'Contact' was a bad ep, but I rather liked it
Actually Sue, I didn't dislike it either. Although I thought it was a silly ep as a whole, there were lots of little gems in it. For instance, I actually laughed, right at the beginning when Lois burst through the runway doors, followed by an exasperated Clark. Dean's 'lois' gestures with his arms as he bolts off to change into Superman was just too funny. I actually liked the idea of Lois having a girly friend to talk to and one who goes off on tangents that makes Lois' tangents seem completely focused. Teri's expressions during their ice cream talk were just precious. I love the emotions at the end of the episode where we see a dazed and heartbroken Lois wondering what had just happened. I think its interesting how Clark comes to break up with Lois in his Superman uniform. Maybe he thinks that it will help him see his intentions through.

I feel the same way about the 'Irish Eyes' Ep. It's not a strong ep either, but that scene at the end was just heartbreaking. In a way, I liked it that Lois didn't go flying back into Clarks arms after he broke up with her 'for her own good'. Its very illustrative of her character, her reticence when it comes to her emotions. Off course we know that in the end they'll get back together so I can like the journey.

Lady Nancy Astor: "If I were married to you, I'd put poison in your coffee."
Winston Churchill: "If you were my wife, I'd drink it."
Merriwether
Merriwether
I actually rather like all of "Irish Eyes." Celts and leprechauns and family curses, oh my! wink

I even like "Just Say Noah" -- well, except for the whole page-from-a-what-is-clearly-a-relatively-modern-Gemara-but-let's-pretend-it's-the-Dead-Sea-Scrolls thing. I mean, seriously. It's a BOUND BOOK. :rolleyes:

I liked Hazel's fanfic about that bit, though. laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Clark is just so... yummy, being all tender and sweet and seductive and it cracks me up every time when he realizes he's not going to get any.
Seriously, Sue, you are just so mean! razz

Home Is Where The Hurt Is is one of my favourite episodes, and I quite like that scene you described, too, DJ. My favourite in the episode, although I loved lots of other moments in that one, like Lois telling Perry that she thought Superman was the worst sentimental softy of all. Loved the little grin she and Clark shared then. It's all about the moments. wink

And speaking of moments, I wasn't fond of Contact, either, and it's probably one of my least watched episodes, but this?

When she shows up at his apartment in the middle of the night, still in her pj's and has her little meltdown about "I was screaming and I was screaming and you weren't there"
Yeah, that was really good. I try to forget that Clark acts like a complete and total idiot soon afterward.

Forget Me Not is another of those very rarely watched episodes. I think I hate Maxwell Deter more than any other character on the show, even Lex. When Lois told Clark that she was in love with Max... I felt ill. Heck, I feel ill just remembering the scene right now. wallbash

I even like "Just Say Noah"
Is Just Say Noah not generally well-liked in the fandom? Because I enjoyed it and have seen the ep more often than many others, if only for that reunion. *g*

I'm sure there are lots of things I'm embarrassed to admit that will come to me if I think about it, but hmmm... one of them is that I have eight folders in my iPaq into which L&C fanfics are segregated for convenient, on-the-go rereading. I won't scare you by going into detail about the categories. *g* But there are stories in there that I've read way more often than I'd wager is healthy. Also, I'm no big crier in real life and can count on one hand the number of times traditional forms of entertainment (e.g. movies, books... no tv show has ever done that) have brought me to tears, but some fics in this fandom have pushed me right to the edge. blush

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I also love Just Say Noah, especially the scene where they make up but also the scene at night in the bedroom. I also like some of the scenes mentioned in Contact, especially the part at the beginning where Clark comes out and sees lois and goes 'Lois' and changes into the suit. But i have to admit that i also like Oedupus Wrecks, because of the Vibro-Whammy and what it makes people do like Deter going to Tahiti and them dancing in the newsroom. LOL

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I thought Clois was hilarious locked up in Star Labs and then she was so heartbreaking when she found out that she only had days to live. There was such a childlike innocence to the Clone that I was really sad for her.
Yup, count me in as liking the Clone Arc. (Yeah, I know, some of you are really shocked to hear this. laugh ). Sure some of it is hokey and there are plot holes and OOC moments galore, but it has some wonderful moments, too, both amusing and poignant. I think that FMN is my favourite of the arc. From the moment that we get Clark standing forlornly with his flowers in the hospital with all that darkness and lightning going on behind him...I knew I was in for a treat. Clark does forlorn rather well. <G>

I always saw the clone as just one more of Lex's victims rather than a true villain and always wanted her to have had a better fate than the one the show gave her. A happy ending. Which is primarily what prompted me to write Masques. I wanted people to see her as a victim and root for her. In fact, I was surprised by how quickly they did. I was only into posting the third or fourth segment when people started berating Clark for being mean to her. goofy That was when I knew I was doing it right. laugh

But then the Clone arc was always going to appeal to me because I have this real thing for plots which involve either the hero/heroine losing their memory or someone you're supposed to be able to trust being replaced by an evil twin. I'm just fascinated by the possibilities in such scenarios, so, as you may imagine, I thought Christmas had come early with the Clone Arc. wink

I also enjoyed Contact and really like Just Say Noah. Again, it's main theme of forced intimacy is another one I've always enjoyed, so that was bound to score high. But they are just so cute together. And I never fail to ROTFL at the scene where they appear at the seminar arguing. Lois's 'aw, shucks, really?' attitude when she's ejected is hilarious.

You know, I haven't watched an episode in years...and this thread is definitely giving me the urge to do so...

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by Incognito:
I even like "Just Say Noah"
Is Just Say Noah not generally well-liked in the fandom?
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that, and have no idea if that is the case. My "even" was more related to the remainder of my comment. wink

- Under the Tuscan Sun
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
My 'embarrassment' includes two episodes that normally get very high places in 'hate-lists': Smart Kids and The Eyes Have It.

Smart Kids - first L&C episode I watched. I admit it, I stopped the channel zapping because I thought Dean was really gorgeous goofy , but really, I liked it, and made a resolution to follow the series (though it took me a while until I started living up to it).

The Eyes Have It: Actually, it's an episode I love. I find it really fun. When it aired on a Saturday evening (during the first time I was following the reruns), I had to record it to watch on Sunday because I had to go out on Saturday. And I watched it twice, not to mention the rewind-play-rewind-play at the scenes I liked the best. For example, blind Superman saving the blind man.

"I think it's that way."

rotflol rotflol

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yup, count me in as liking the Clone Arc. (Yeah, I know, some of you are really shocked to hear this.)
goofy )

This thread really does want to make me fix my VCR and watch some of my favorite eps...

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard