Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#183869 08/16/06 11:45 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I don't know if a thread like this has been done before but I don't remember one like it at least not recently, so what the hey. Basically its to let your fellow FoLC know about things you've noticed about the show that others may not have noticed. It could be anything from bloobers to inconsistencies (feel free to correct me if I spelled that word wrong) or just things that never quite made sense to you. Maybe someone will have an answer for you or at least you'll find out that weren't the only one saw this.

OK I'll go first

In the episode Lois and Clarks, Alt-Clark slept on the couch. In the episode The Family Hour both Clark's and Lois' parents slept at their brownstone. From what I could tell no one was sleeping on the couch which means that Lois and Clark had at least two spare bedrooms. So my question is, why make poor Alt-Clark sleep on the couch when there was a spare bedroom he could've used?

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
#183870 08/16/06 12:13 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Nice pick!

I noticed in Chip Off the Old Clark where Dr. Klien brought in Jesse's hair strand to show Lois the inconsistencies in his hair he was carrying both the scissors and the hair in a pouch, but when he demonstrated it to Lois because it would be easier than telling her both the hair strand and the scissors were out and sitting on her desk.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#183871 08/17/06 01:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, this one isn't exactly *weird*. More like, ahem, blush

Next time you watch "I've Got a Crush on You"... watch Lois when she comes back to her apartment after she leaves Clark's apartment (and Toni Taylor comes over).

She's still in her sequin dress and she's pulling her shoes off and tossing them away. When she hikes her leg up to get the 2nd shoe, she flashes her panties.

My mother-in-law of all people noticed this. I was like "what"? I rewound it and... sure enough.

Anyway, that was a funny thing I noticed...

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#183872 08/17/06 01:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There's a thing driving me nuts. help

Andreia spider

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#183873 08/17/06 02:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Andreia!

I think the quote you are using must have come from the scripts... because in the actual episode this is how the lines go:

Clark: Sneezes

Lois: Bless you (or maybe Geshundheit, can't remember)

Clark: Thanks

Lois: What a minute, you don't sneeze.

Clark: No, not usually. Achoo! (which sounded really fake by the way, tee hee)

I just watched that episode the other night. Sniffle, sniffle. I love that one and yet I get teary eyed every time. I think maybe they changed those lines because they remembered the sneeze from the first season. Of course that's just my little opinion since I haven't heard that anywhere.

But yes, you're right, if it was a true sneeze, that really caught him off guard, it should have maybe blown Lois across the room in her chair...

Or does Clark just have that much control over himself when he's in public? Did he feel the sneeze at the last second and control it? You have to remember when he sneezed in All Shook Up, he was under amnesia and didn't know he was Superman. So therefore he wouldn't have known to control it.

Just my thoughts. laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#183874 08/17/06 02:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, DJ! wave

Yes, I took that quote from the scripts. I haven't seen that episode in a long time, but I remember he sneezed. laugh Your explication makes sense. I couldn't think anything coherent to explain these two scenes. wallbash

Thank you! smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#183875 08/17/06 03:32 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by Ambar:
So my question is, why make poor Alt-Clark sleep on the couch when there was a spare bedroom he could've used?
To save them the expense of having to build another set? wink Because it's more pathetic to have to sleep on the couch?

Maybe the guest rooms were filled with boxes. goofy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#183876 08/17/06 04:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Maybe the guest rooms were filled with boxes...
I loved that Rivka! We FoLC's can explain away anything, can't we? Hee hee.

Welcome Andreia! Glad I could be of service. I had been thinking about that very situation myself lately because I have Clark sneezing in a story I'm writing. blush

#183877 08/17/06 07:38 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm not sure if I remember this correctly. In the episode We Have a Lot to Talk About when L&C went to interview the Churches in Costmart didn't they parked the jeep on the other end of the lot along with the other cars? but when they finished 'wallowing' they walked the other way and the jeep looked like it was not even parked in a parking lot like it moved from where it was originally parked.

You're the icing on my cake.
What's that?
Chocolate, of course.
--
#183878 08/18/06 05:01 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My friend noticed something weird and I saw it too, today. In the episode "Through a glass, darkly" you can see the black hook and loop fastener on one end of the bonds that tied up Perry and Jimmy. So no super-powers essential for helping them to get rid of those bonds. laugh laugh

laugh laugh laugh

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#183879 08/18/06 03:26 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Okay, I admit freely that I have a dirty mind. But there was one thing at the end of a scene in "Super Mann" from the third season that I remember my husband insisted had happened. Tonight, I watched the scene again and I think he was right, after all.

It's the only redeeming scene in 'Super Mann' and I think it just got better. I watched in slo-mo several times. Lois and Clark are making out on the floor of her apartment when Jimmy shows up. Now Clark is in his Superman outfit and he has to spin into his regular clothes. Lois reminds him to tighten his tie (you can see the suit). During the scene, as Jimmy is standing in the door and yapping away, Clark is buttoning the sleeves on his shirt. That's a little spicy, but since he was in the Suit and not fully undressed we can't infer much. Jimmy lets it slide.

At the very end of the scene the camera goes back to a shot from behind Dean and Teri, with Justin standing in the door.

Right after the line "I'd say that qualifies", Dean zips his fly and Justin looks down and smirks.

I can only guess that it was the actors having fun and somehow the editor either missed it or thought no one would notice.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#183880 08/18/06 04:56 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Right after the line "I'd say that qualifies", Dean zips his fly and Justin looks down and smirks.
On Zoom's board it was pointed out to us by one of the members that if you watched the DVD cut you could actually hear the fly being done! :p

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#183881 08/18/06 08:37 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay found one smile not a big one but hey
Somewhere in the beginning of "Madame Ex" Lois goes to that Chocolate palace thing of hers. And then she lays a newspaper on a board, which is the same newspaper as used in "Pheremone, My Lovely" (It says Fruit Fly Spray)
Told you it wasn't big, but I found one yay smile1

Edit: that newspaper is used in "The Prankster" too

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
#183882 08/21/06 02:45 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Originally posted by Selinde:
Yay found one smile not a big one but hey
Somewhere in the beginning of "Madame Ex" Lois goes to that Chocolate palace thing of hers. And then she lays a newspaper on a board, which is the same newspaper as used in "Pheremone, My Lovely" (It says Fruit Fly Spray)
Told you it wasn't big, but I found one yay smile1

Edit: that newspaper is used in "The Prankster" too
It was also used in 'Return of the Prankster'. It's right when Clark comes into the newsroom after Kyle and Victor froze everybody, and Perry has the newspaper in front of his head with a hold cut out of it. You can see the article there, bottom right corner beneath the hole.

#183883 08/21/06 07:04 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I noticed that while looking at stills of episodes, the book that clark is reading in Ordinary People on the beach is "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" I think that is hilarious. clap

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
#183884 08/22/06 05:55 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Well, you know that Dean Cain signed on to play for the Buffalo Bills when he got out of college, right? But then he blew out his knee and couldn't play again? Well, I just watched 'And the Answer Is...', and when Clark is talking to that florist (trying to track down Mazik from the scent), this is the dialouge:

Clark: You played for the Buffalo Bills, right?
Florist: Yeah, 'till I blew out my knee.
*some snippets of dialouge later*
Clark: Yeah, I know all about that.

laugh I just found that funny and ironic.

#183885 08/26/06 06:19 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I noticed this on Neverending Battle in the begining of the eposide when Lex is on the balcony with Asabi shooting pegions I think. Two girls walk out to the balcony and bring Lex a pogo stick. A pogo stick? Never understood that. confused

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
#183886 08/29/06 08:21 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I do not know if this has ever been mentioned, but in the episode NOS when Jimmy is on on stage with Baron Sunday and he has that vision that he is naked, you can see the bottom of his boxer on his right thigh when the cameron pans down to his feet... just thought I would mention it! smile

Amanda

"Don't fall for me farm boy, I don't have time for it." LL
#183887 08/29/06 10:55 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Additional to the Clark sneezing thing. Remember he was infected with that Kryptonian virus by then and the sneezing was a symptom of the virus and how it was affecting his health.

Helen Keller
#183888 08/30/06 12:51 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm, yes Crazy_Babe... exactly the reason I knew I could make him sneeze in the story I'm writing. devil

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard