Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18250 12/07/04 02:01 PM
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Ah ha. So now we know how Lex found Lois.. poor Jill. Good for Lois to be wary about Lex, and looking for a way out. Be proactive!

Can't wait to see the next part.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#18251 12/07/04 02:35 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I like this Rachel!!!

Poor Lois, how scared she must be!

CLARK TO THE RESCUE - ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#18252 12/07/04 03:18 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great part, Wendy!!!

Love evil Lex goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
#18253 12/07/04 03:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice Wendy. I can't wait for Clark to find her and for Lex to get his butt kicked! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#18254 12/07/04 04:11 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Personally, I want to see Lois kick the cr#p out of old Lexy. (Have I mentioned that I love to find new and fun ways to kill our favorite evil multi-billionaire?) Clark is just too nice! Besides, it would be a really nice come-down to have her wipe up the floor with him.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#18255 12/07/04 04:29 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hmmm, yes. It would be great if Lois could kick his butt. He's pretty confident now; I wonder if, now that he doesn't have to pretend with her, Lex will get a bit cocky. She might be able to catch him unaware, and do some damage. The only problem is, if she just hurts him slightly, he's likely to lash back pretty hard. He could really, really hurt her.

I hope Clark can find her. Then-- he has to find a way to get in to where she is. If he were already Superman, he could just bust in... but since he's still "only" Clark, and since Lois isn't the only one who knows his name, he has to be more subtle than superheroes usually are wink . No bursting through the walls, I guess. Hmmm... maybe an earthquake? Knock down a few walls?

I'm glad Rachel knows, too, and has just accepted it all these years. Wonder how she found out? I suppose if this particular Rachel also had a crush on him at one time, she might have paid close(r) attention to him, more than his other friends did... and you described her as very sharp, and she's probably very observant. I just think it's neat that she just takes it in stride. Makes me like her even more.

And I, too, like doc Jill's OCD-ishness goofy . Hah! She's got a second blood sample, and a vet who can process it at a private lab. Once it's processed, she can label it "Exhibit A" and put it back into the fridge for later goofy .

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#18256 12/07/04 11:48 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Unfortunately, the other blood sample disappeared when the original one did.

Jill really should have looked in the fridge before she said she had another sample to have tested.

Tank (who just didn't want the gentle readers getting their hopes up too high... after all this is evil Wendy)

#18257 12/08/04 04:34 AM
Kerth
Kerth
LOL Tank wink

The blood sample is still in the fridge isn't it Wendy? hyper

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#18258 12/08/04 04:34 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lex doesn't know who he's dealing with! A pissed off Lois Lane and Super-Clark!

He's meat! smile1

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#18259 12/08/04 05:29 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great Part. razz Luthor is disgusting.

thumbsup They are thinking. That was brilliant of Jill.

More ASAP, please.

MAF wave
[Linked Image]

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#18260 12/08/04 05:32 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part. I love how Rachel lets Clark know that she knows without saying anything. And I'm so glad Clark is finally searching for Lois. And Lois, well, I'll cheer her on next time Lex visits her. <eg>.

Sira - thumbsup

#18261 12/08/04 03:01 PM
N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
I like how easily the Smallville people fit into Clark's life; it really sells the idea that Clark has grown up with them all his life.

Also, like everyone else, I love that Rachel knows the secret, has known the secret, and seemingly doesn't treat Clark any differently than she would otherwise. I'm not seeing signs of jealousy, but I kind of also like that. goofy

--Noelle

(who is getting Masques flashbacks, which can only mean good things smile )

#18262 12/08/04 03:48 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Read the story, Loved it. I agree with the other's, I love this Rachel too. Glad clark is out finding lois.

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#18263 12/09/04 03:07 AM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
I'm really enjoying the intrigue in this story. (And if I may rehash some parts that I haven't managed to comment on...)

I thought it was wonderful the way Clark found Lois and flew her to safety in Smallville. (I think Smallville is the equivalent of comfort food.) But then Lex found her, and the use of the Lab to let Lex find Lois was very clever.

And now he has her hidden away somewhere in the Rockies. Why do I picture a cave similar to the one in IR? And how will Clark ever find her. (I think she should find something that will make a repetitive, silent sound and he'll hear it--like her heart beat? Oops! She doesn't know about his super hearing! And I hope that the hiding place isn't lead-lined.)

And isn't Lex on the trail of kryptonite. So even if Clark gets there, he may be incapacitated and Lois will have to kick butt.

I'm also enjoying Rachel and Jill. Sometimes it's nice to have an old friend know your secret secretly.

All right. I'll be patient and wait for the next installment.

gerry

#18264 12/09/04 10:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Lots more wonderful comments! razz

Part 3 coming in a little bit - thanks again, everyone!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#18265 12/24/04 09:23 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
“Feeding me yourself, Lex? Don’t you have minions to do that sort of thing?”
You know... You would start with this and not Rachel's response! razz I'm only mad at myself, really, because for some reason I didn't see it coming. :rolleyes:

The mere fact that he was actually admitting things to her, too, confirmed that he intended to finish the job this time. Or neutralise her in some other, equally effective way.

She had to try not to let him see her fear. Even though it threatened to paralyse her. Even though she had never been so scared in her life before.
frown

Lex merely inclined his head. “Precisely, my dear. He cocked his head to one side then and smiled again. “Not that it was all a complete waste of time; I had few complaints about one aspect of our relationship. And neither, as I recall, did you.”
Is there a little graemlin that looks sort of green and sickly... kind of like it might get sick at any moment?

Lois barely heard the rest of what her husband said; she was unable to control her look of absolute revulsion at his reference to his marital rights. And in that same instant the facade of charm fell away from her husband’s face. A shiver ran through her at the viciousness in his suddenly ice-blue eyes.
eek

“Not so fast, guys.” Jill sat back in her chair, smiling in triumph. “Don’t underestimate your local doc here! I always take two samples,” she explained. “One goes off for testing. I keep the other, in case of any problems, like a mix-up at the lab - it does happen, though never at this one so far - or if I need to have a second test run to check a result.”
Oh thank god!!! I love you, Jill!!!

Clark’s Lois. He liked the sound of that. Only she wasn’t... yet. He just hoped that one day she would be.
Awww!!!

“I know that,” he said softly. Rachel definitely knew about him; he was sure of that now. “I’ll be careful. You know I can be.”
Awww!! She knows. smile

Inaccessible, of course, only to a man who couldn’t fly...
/me punches her fist in the air and cheers... then looks around, embarrassed... mutter onlyastory mutter...

Clark would be shot dead as soon as he set foot outside the door.
/me snickers and rummages around for that "Buy a Clue Jar".... *clink* *clink*

She only needed to get close enough.
Well good... but... don't you think Lex would be the type to have cameras? frown

Sara (who is getting sleepy... but will do her best to get through every part... well.. maybe half laugh )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard