Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GidgetP Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
who was the one that was always brought up that if they found out clark was an alien that they would disect him.

I want to use their name in my story but I'm not sure what their name is...I was thinking it was Breau 39 but I'm not sure....am I right or wrong...please help.

Lois: You think we'll be together when we get old and gray.
Clark: I sure hope so because I don't think I could go on living if living is without you.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It was the mysterious omnipresent and generically ominous "THEY." Not quite the same "they" as in "that's what they say," but not far off. The evil heartless scientists who care more about the fact that he's an alien than the fact that he's alive.

Most likely, he was thinking of the US Gov't and Area 51 and vague notions of secret research projects and alien coverups and all that sort of thing.

They didn't learn that Bureau 39 actually existed until we saw them in the series.

It's just a general fear of what would happen if the secret got out, probably heightened by the fact that we're talking about the late 60s and early 70s. Hippies, Vietnam, mistrust of the gov't, etc.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, I remember Jonathan talking to Clark about that in the Pilot episode. His fear that someone would discover him and...actually I just looked up the script. It says:

Jonathan: Metropolis isn't the cutback, you know. People in the city are always looking to make a quick buck. If they (there's the "they" referrence) find out about you they'll put you in a laboratory and . . .

Clark: . . . "dissect me like a frog." I know, Dad. Believe me, I'm trying my best to be like everybody else here.

Later -- DJ smile1

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard