Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#181877 03/28/06 06:20 AM
Arawn Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Just because I'm bored.

1. Why does Clark say "Thank you, I appreciate it" When Lois tells him he wouldn't be her first choice for bodyguard in Witness?

2 What do Lois say when the phone starts ringing while she drinks milk in the Prankster? It's not in the script, it sounds like "I gonna get some good chow"

3 Who is Mike, in the wedding episode?

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
#181878 03/28/06 06:35 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I can't answer the first one for sure, I just always thought it was sarcasm. wink

As for number 2, what Lois says is "I have gotta get some control." smile

And number 3, I believe Mike is supposed to be a guardian angel of some sort.

Hope that helped! laugh

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
#181879 03/28/06 08:41 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
1. Why does Clark say "Thank you, I appreciate it" When Lois tells him he wouldn't be her first choice for bodyguard in Witness?
I always saw it as him being ironic. He puts so much effort into making himself the 'mild-mannered', unflashy, unheroic figure so that no one notices he's the superheroic, Superman. To make sure no one sees him as extra couragous or muscular or whatever and puts two and two together.

So when Lois tells him he wouldn't be her first choice as a bodyguard - in other words that he isn't the first person to spring to her mind when she thinks of a tough guy - well, I think Clark feels it's kind of a compliment in a way to how good he's been with the deception. laugh

And, yes, Mike is supposed to be a guardian angel. Don't get me started. :rolleyes:

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#181880 03/28/06 10:12 AM
Arawn Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks a bunch,

"I have gotta get some control"
hear it now. smile

2. Sarcasm, irony, Obviously. Why otherwise would Clark appreciate Lois lack of faith in his abilty to look out for her? Especially if he wan't her to be interested in him. If it was just "hey my disguise works really well" I'd expected a hint of self mocking bitterness.
I can understand that he thinks it funny under the circumstances. But then why not pretend he hurt his feelings, or some teasing comment "Perhaps you should give me a chance".

3. Mike. I thought it was some american in joke. Like the basketball player Boo. Has the actor played a guardian angel? There has been no mentioning of angels before that, so I don't see how that could be anything but bewildering to the audience.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
#181881 03/28/06 10:47 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Arawn, the actor played on the 1970's TV series, "Charlie's Angels." He was the physically-present liaison between Charlie, who never appeared, and the three women.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
#181882 03/29/06 04:06 AM
Arawn Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
By the name of Mike?

So this a symbolism of marriage made in heaven? I just find it strange since religion hardly took any part in the series.

Another thing,

4. Griffin Senior with his intestinal telephone.

"I'm callin you back, get it?" I didn't. wordplay on colon?

#181883 03/29/06 09:33 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, actually the actor who played Mike was called "Bosley" in the Charlie's Angel series. And *laughs* as far as I know, there's nothing religious with the name "Mike". I could be wrong of course. goofy

So, my theory is that just picked a name at random. Mike the guardian angel might as well have been a "Bob", "Johnny" or a "Bosley".

-Cherry (Who've watched a total sum of four(!) Charlie's Angels episodes...over and over again)

"How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs."
#181884 03/29/06 09:49 AM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Yes that was a play on the word colon but that was one terrible joke.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#181885 03/29/06 08:15 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by Cherry:
And *laughs* as far as I know, there's nothing religious with the name "Mike". I could be wrong of course. goofy
The Archangel Michael does come to mind.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#181886 03/29/06 08:30 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
There's an Archangel named Michael? Are you sure? I mean, err, I knew that. blush

"How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs."
#181887 03/30/06 04:19 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
The three archangels: Michael, Gabriel, Raphael. (Or, if you prefer the original Hebrew: Michoel (the "ch" is a sound that doesn't exist in English - sort of a guttural "h"), Gavriel, and Rephoel.)

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#181888 03/30/06 05:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That particular episode was directed by Michael Lange. So it could have been a in-joke...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#181889 03/30/06 03:41 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
And it's a common name. Why, almost every Tom, Dick, and Harry is named Mike!

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#181890 03/31/06 10:44 AM
Arawn Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
So no one hear knows the official answer to who the Mike guy was?

I thought you were fans! laugh

#181891 03/31/06 12:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Asked and answered, Arawn! He was a guardian angel.

If you're asking why the character was included in the episode - well without the benefit of psychic ability or a crystal ball, the only people who'd know that are TPTB on the show. huh And unless they choose to share that info....guess we'll never know.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#181892 03/31/06 10:02 PM
Arawn Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Asked and answered, Arawn! He was a guardian angel.
Ok, so it says in the casting list. But the purpose of the part should have been something the producers have had to explain at some point.

It's just something, I would have thought FoLC's had asked about.

This was the best I could find with some google-fu.

"Mike" could be interpreted as representing the producers; he may also be thought of as a play on competition "Touched By An Angel." David Doyle, who played Mike, died in February 1997.

#181893 04/02/06 05:51 AM
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
I just figured with all of the crazy, life threatening stuff Lois and Clark go through on a weekly basis, a guardian angel would make sense.

#181894 04/03/06 11:59 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I think it's more that Lois & Clark are "destined", "soulmates", "fated", whatever/however you wish to put it, to be together, and that, shall we say "beings" or in this case a "being" of a higher nature (god, angel, hyper-developed alien, whatever) took steps to ensure that they would finally be together and have at least a moment of happiness.

My personal take is "Mike" is supposed to be the Archangel Michael. But for my overall thinking, see above satetment... smile

#181895 04/03/06 02:31 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
*grumbles*

What I don't get is why they didn't go back and save their past lives from isolation and being married to Tempus. WOE the torture!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#181896 04/04/06 09:13 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Catherine, you need to read S6, in which Phil Atcliffe did exactly that in the episode, "Hand of Fate." There were a number of loose ends left when the series stopped, and that was one of them.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard