Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18121 12/05/04 01:14 PM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Nice chapter!

I think it's a side reaction of cramming for a medical anthropology course. Again, the references to HIV/AIDS leapt out at me:

For God sake, I have to go for blood tests every six months for ten years now to make sure I don’t have AIDS! Isn’t that reminder enough?!
Then again, you did mention that you'll correct the factual errors before sending the story to the Archives.

--meclone2--

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi again, Meclone2! Yes, thanks for pointing that out again... I decided to not change that error till this goes to the archive. (Just for consistency's sake.) I think that's the last official reference to AIDS/HIV in the story.

Thanks for reading!
--Wanda

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm enjoying this Wanda. You describe the little things so wonderfully. The cuddles, Lois' anger, Clark's internal fight over what to do.

Sigh.

Awesome.

I'm going to go back and see if there some sort of posting consistency to see when I can hopefully expect the next part! Anxiously awaiting part 6. hyper That's the good thing about seeing 5/15. But the bad part is when I reach 13 or 14 I'll know it will be finishing up soon. No mystery. I guess it's like having a novel and you see you only have about 1/2 cm left. So sad. I hate it when something good ends. *sniffle* whinging

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still really good, Wanda! goofy

When I saw the cry for help, I was terrified that it was another woman being raped, and I really hoped that Clark wasn't going to just let it happen. frown The guilt would've been horrible for him. mecry I was so relieved when it was just a mugging!

Waiting for more soon...

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Roo, just to let you know, I am trying to post a part every 3 days. Although I am going to occasionally post a little sooner, because I don't want to be posting into 2005 if I can help it!

Thanks to all who are reading and commenting. This is the longest and most involved L&C fic I've written, and I am excited to be finally sharing it! Your feedback means so much to me.

Thanks again to my faithful betas, StopQuitDont and Julie Stars!

--Wanda smile

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part WD!

I would love to wake up in those arms! wink

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois was certain she’d felt chemistry with Clark.
goofy

Adore the hide-and-seek byplay between Lois and Clark. Lois retreating into 'hiding' after her trauma, seeking Clark's safe comfort. Clark, in turn, hiding his feelings and identities behind a pair of glasses, yet seeking soothing solace from Lois in his arms..

wink thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wanda

Another wonderful part! smile1

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
It has taken me a while to catch up, Wanda.

I was so glad to see a long fic from you, as I really enjoy your writing. And this is wonderful.
Such great emotion wrapped around an interesting plot and an unfolding relationship.

I really liked Lois's initial anger at Superman. Thought that was a smart and dead-on observation. After all the incidents he was there in the nick of time, it would make sense that Lois would feel unbreakable, always protected. And to wake-up and discover she is just as vulnerable as everyone else would be so hard on her.

And I love that Clark did *not* fly to the rescue in this section, choosing to stay with Lois. I was holding my breath!!

Can't wait to see where you're headed.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
When Lois discovers Clark and Superman are the same person is she going to be pissed!

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Good part! I like the interaction of Lois and Clark as well as the way you portray their feelings and worries.

When the cry for help came I, too, thought at first it might be another Hyde and SEEC victim. So glad it wasn't. Although I have a bit trouble to get over the fact that Clark didn't go to be Superman. Ok, this time it was all ok, apparently. But the moment will come when Superman is really needed. It will be interesting to see his reaction in such a case.

Sira - thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper Big step for Lois.

“Superman! Help!”

Groggily, Clark awakened at the faint sound of a cry for help. His instinct was to leap up, spin into his Superman suit, and fly off. Blinking, he remembered he was not in his apartment. He looked down at Lois, who was still curled up in his lap, sound asleep. ‘No,’ he thought. ‘I can’t leave her, can I?’

He argued with himself. ‘She’s safe now... but someone else is in trouble.’

Still, guilt consumed him. Clark felt he had left Lois once before; he was not about to do it again. He had made a promise. Suppose Lois woke up scared? Suppose she realized he had left her? She would never believe one of his lame excuses in the middle of the night. What would she possibly think if she found he had left her? He couldn’t do that to her... could he?
eek The guilt is killing Clark.

‘He looks different without his glasses,’ Lois thought, admiring her sleeping partner. ‘He looks like a little boy when he’s asleep.’ Lois leaned back sightly, nestling into the crook of his arm. She didn’t want to wake him, but most of all, she didn’t want this sweet moment to pass. It felt good to be in someone’s arms; it felt even better because that ‘someone’ was Clark.
:rolleyes: She still don't se it.

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Excellent part wave

Columnist
Columnist
hi

Great part Wanda!!!!

Lois is so confused but she is not alone, Clark is with her hyper

Kerth
Kerth
Yay! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Only the moonlight illuminated their faces. Lois studied Clark’s face. He looked so handsome. She could see him working on a solution to her problems. “I’ll take care of you, Lois.”
Awwweeeeeeeeeee smile1

I felt so sorry for Clark who was battling the idea of going off catch the purse-snatcher or continue holding Lois! He made the right choice in the end though!! Phew! smile

Can't wait for the next part!!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard