Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#17918 11/30/04 02:26 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Wendy you DEVIL you! evil UGH! I have to say I never saw THIS coming. mecry What a cliffhanger!!!! wallbash

This is wonderful stuff, but I'm begging you not to keep us hanging here too long ... it's TORTURE!!!!!!!!

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
#17919 11/30/04 02:46 PM
Columnist
Columnist
dizzy ACK! No no no no no!! You can't leave me hanging like this! It's not fair. My god, why?!? I mean I know lois was trying to protect clark etc...But WHY?? Okay, I want the next story soon...Please! laugh

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#17920 11/30/04 04:04 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Like I said, it's official. You took the word "evil" to a whole new level.

/me takes a deep breath

I'm guessing Luthor found her because someone in the lab Jill sent the blood sample to reported it to Luthor? /me hopes Jill is not evil <g>

I was hoping for at least a kiss, you evil woman. wildguy

Now, and I think everyone will back me up, <g> get writing!!!!

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#17921 11/30/04 04:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What do you mean the END! It is not allowed to end like this! I am going on strike! wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy Picketing. NO NO NO NO END! Bad writer, very bad, get back here! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#17922 11/30/04 05:19 PM
Columnist
Columnist
rotflol rotflol rotflol LMAO!! Sorry laura cracked me up with this..

What do you mean the END! It is not allowed to end like this! I am going on strike!
Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#17923 11/30/04 05:27 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Terrific sequel to Summer Dreaming. Everyone was in character (Luthor too, unfortunately) laugh

Looking forward to Finding Freedom. very SOON wink clap

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#17924 11/30/04 05:28 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yeah, how on earth did Lex find her???

Why would he even suspect she's still alive? Lake Superior in the middle of the night, a drugged swimmer... it's highly likely that a body might not be found for months, if ever. So what tipped him off? It can't be Jill, she's on our side. It can't be anyone from town, either-- can it? Nobody's seen her. Is it that simple, that her name showed up at a lab (maybe one Lex owns?), and an employee who knew she was presumed dead mentioned it? Yet why would a lab employee even notice a sample's name, or connect it to the person's being alive?

Lex couldn't possibly have known Clark's last name, since Clark never even told Lois his last name. And he wouldn't have known about Smallville, so it can't be that he had the place watched...

Hmmm... I'm stumped. You're just going to have to tell us everything you know about this, Wendy.

I, too, was just blindsided by Lex's appearance. So much for Clark thinking Lois might be attracted to him on the rebound. If she's willing to go back with Lex to an uncertain fate, just to protect Clark's secret, she must really love him.

I wonder how she's going to play the next few moments? Lex didn't pull any punches when he discovered her listening outside the door... He has to know she's aware that what happened was real-- that it wasn't some drug-induced dream.

Or actually-- if he can get a doctor to certify that she's dangerous or dangerously unstable, and needs to be institutionalized, he may not ever have to kill her at all. There's a drug, haloperidol, that's used (among others) as a major tranquilizer for agitation-- it's given to elderly dementia patients and to mental institution patients. (We used to call it "vitamin H" when we were in college, because so many nursing home patients were on it.) It causes profound tranquilization and lingers in the system for some time, so someone injected regularly with a too-high dose would be pretty much out of it most of the time. They'd be docile and unable to do much thinking for themselves. Now that would be a truly diabolical plot.

I hope Clark can follow along and track Lois down right away. Thanks to privacy laws, if he loses sight of her now, he may never find out where they've put her. (Besides which, the poor woman deserves a break here, Wendy.) I wonder how long the next story will be, since now you have to spring her from a mental hospital, THEN investigate Lex successfully, THEN end Lois' marriage to him.

I suppose it's too convenient for Lex to kick the bucket, huh? It'd be pretty cool if Lois inherited all that wealth-- she could rebuild the Planet, and who cares how good or bad sales are in the beginning? Doesn't matter if the paper's owned by the third richest person in the world!

I hope your definition of "soon" and my definition of "soon" are the same.

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#17925 11/30/04 07:19 PM
Kerth
Kerth
evil )

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#17926 11/30/04 08:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What?! WHAT?! Ahhhhhhh!

That's it; I'm gonna go bald pulling my hair out. And when I walk around the street with my wig on, I'm going to say, "Blame it on the evil one."

Me too!

I think Lois called him

She must have a plan
What?! WHAT?! Another heart-stopper of an idea!

I can't take this. I'm going to bed.
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#17927 12/01/04 02:32 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
GAAARRGH! Silly, stupid Lois, going with the man who tried to kill you! Who's to say he won't try it now? The question is, though, exactly *how* did Lex find them? Through the blood testing? Or some other means?

You're an evil, evil woman, Wendy, to leave us here! Just when will you be posting the 3rd chapter, pray tell??

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#17928 12/01/04 05:09 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Evil doesn't come even close to it. It could have been so easy. Rachel promises her help. End story. Sequel: Clark and Lois investigate and manage to bring Luthor down.

Well, one can dream, right?

Anyways, I want the sequel and I want it now. If now isn't possible, I want it soon! (About definiton of soon see above).

PLEASE!!!!!!

Sira - in turmoil

#17929 12/01/04 08:05 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. help When you start posting? hyper

mad Have a bitter tastes in my mouth. Get back here!

More ASAP, please.

MAF wave

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#17930 12/01/04 09:54 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
No no no no no

Crazy Wendy.

This is wrong.

You know what is coming next, and you're not going to tell us?

Did you really think we'd let you leave this like this?

I know where Canada is; I can swim; I have the determination and the motivation to get there; and most importantly I have one of these little fellows with me:

wildguy

In fact I have several.

Several thousand. A whole army.

Don't think you can get away with this!

Helga
(Briefly wondering if she needs to get some balance in her life, but quickly dismissing the thought)

P.S. Did you see the semi-colons? I think I used them correctly. They are a bribe to get you to post Finding Freedom soon. Like in the next half hour? Ok, I'll let you get away with tomorrow...

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
#17931 12/02/04 12:58 PM
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
WHAT??? eek

I mean, HOW??? shock

I mean, WHY??? wildguy )

#17932 12/02/04 08:01 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

This is superbly written. help Did the housekeeper take photos of Clark and Lois together? eek

I can't wait to see what happens next. Clark will have to start investigating.

Tricia cool

#17933 12/03/04 11:54 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Her head burrowed into the space between his neck and shoulder, and her arm tightened around him. The knowledge that she felt safe with him warmed him.
Awww!!!

The look of concern on his mother’s face as she withdrew was accompanied by a wink, which made him roll his eyes. His mom, ever the romantic.
LOL!!

“We?” She raised her eyebrows challengingly at him, for all the world as if he were a rival reporter trying to muscle in on her patch.
LOL!!

“We,” he emphasised firmly. “Lois, you need me. First, you’re supposed to be dead - I guess you don’t want Luthor to realise that you’re alive after all before you’re ready? Second, wouldn’t you find it useful to work with someone who can see through walls or anything else you care to mention, hear anything from a long way away, and who can move faster than the speed of light?”
Nice one!! /me gives Clark a few of her highly coveted bonus points!

And in that moment it felt as if they were back on the beach the previous afternoon. Clark felt his breath catch as he looked at her, saw the way her eyes shone as she watched him, felt her sway towards him...
Ooh!!!

With a groan, he pushed her gently away. “Lois, we can’t do this.”

Eyes dazed, she stared at him. “Why not?”

He closed his eyes briefly, part of him thinking that he had to be crazy to deny himself this. It was just a kiss, after all! “Because you’re married.”
If Kae's still wondering about the definition of a 'dolt', this would be it!! drool

“We?” his mother questioned, a sly smile creeping across her face. “As in you and Lois?”
laugh

“And you’re in love with her,” his mother added, in the kind of matter-of-fact tone which, if he’d thought about it for just one second, he’d have remembered was designed to trip him up.
razz

Okay, I'm getting nervous here, everyone's told me to expect something worse than evil. frown Luthor's not going to show up at the farm is he? frown

He rounded the corner then, coming within sight of the farmhouse, still a quarter mile away - and stared. Several cars were parked outside, including three state police vehicles, and a helicopter stood in the middle of his dad’s pasture.
Oh dear lord!! *&#@ Not good! razz

Finally, Lex Luthor walked in.
I HATE being right!!!!! razz How the heck did he find her anyway?! I know he's got reach, but... tell me that at least he doesn't know about Clark!!

His blood chilled. Luthor would have her locked up in a secure facility somewhere. And then, in a few days’ time, probably - he wouldn’t be so foolish as to do it too soon - there would be another staged suicide attempt. And this time it would be fatal.
/me roars!!!!!

And then Lois spoke, her voice cool and distant. “Stay away from me, Clark. I’m going with my husband.”
/me swallows hard and holds her breath

As the needle went into her arm, Lois turned and met Clark’s gaze again. “I said, leave me, Clark. I don’t need you.”
Ouch!!! razz

And as for Wendy... You *do* have an idea who you're dealing with, so get back here now!!!!!

Sara (who's too shaken to be witty anymore razz )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#17934 12/03/04 12:18 PM
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Okay, now that I've had a few minutes to think this over and read the fdk folder, I've decided that Maria's got to be right. I'm sure that Lex must have outfitted Lois with a transmitter. The only other thing I can think of, is that Lex *knows* about Clark, and that is *not* acceptable, hear me, Wendy? NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! ;P

Oh... and...

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#17935 12/05/04 10:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/me peeps carefully back into the folder, wondering if it's safe to return... goofy

Wendy you DEVIL you!
ACK! No no no no no!! You can't leave me hanging like this! It's not fair. My god, why?!?
it's official. You took the word "evil" to a whole new level.
What do you mean the END! It is not allowed to end like this! I am going on strike! Picketing. NO NO NO NO END! Bad writer, very bad, get back here!
You're an evil, evil woman, Wendy, to leave us here!
Have a bitter tastes in my mouth. Get back here!
No no no no no

Crazy Wendy.

This is wrong.

You know what is coming next, and you're not going to tell us?

Did you really think we'd let you leave this like this?

I know where Canada is; I can swim; I have the determination and the motivation to get there; and most importantly I have one of these little fellows with me:
goofy

Now, there are a few interesting guesses in here. Some are wildly off the mark, but others are... surprisingly close to what I've been working on. And, no, I have no intention of distinguishing between the two! Just remember that if things are revealed in Finding Freedom which resemble any suggestions made in this folder, I had already written those bits! wink

So I'm not going to comment specifically on any of the suggestions and discussion here. I'll just say, as always, that I really appreciate all your kind feedback, even if you are yelling at me rather more than usual. laugh Thank you very much indeed, all of you! notworthy

And finally...

Where is 'Finding Freedom'?
Did you see the semi-colons? I think I used them correctly. They are a bribe to get you to post Finding Freedom soon. Like in the next half hour? Ok, I'll let you get away with tomorrow...
lol Helga! Yes, I noticed. Very good. wink

I want the sequel and I want it now. If now isn't possible, I want it soon! (About definiton of soon see above).
I'm begging you not to keep us hanging here too long ... it's TORTURE!!!!!!!!
Aww!! Well, as I've told a few people on IRC, I always intended to start posting Finding Freedom within the week. I want it all up by the end of the year. But I'm still writing the story, and also still very dependent on my wonderful, but overworked, beta-readers, Kaethel and Yvonne. I don't dare post anything without their approval! So they need time and space to read and comment. And I want to state again my huge indebtedness to both of them - you are amazing and invaluable and I'd be lost without you. Thank you! hail

And, yes, Finding Freedom coming up very soon!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard