#17901 11/29/04 12:31 AM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Ohh! She didn't refuse to be hugged smile

That's good laugh

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh that was soooo beautiful! Perfect! The way they just held each other, so glad she let Clark hold her. And it's nice that Clark was able to put away his overwhelming guilt for a little while, though if we know him it's not going away anytime soon. wink Major angst in this part, and I'm sure there's more to come, but I'm loving it! I'm aching for more now, please don't keep us hanging too long! This is just too good!!!!!!!!! smile1

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ohhh, he is so sweet.. thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still excellent, Wanda! thumbsup

Again, very sensitive handling of a traumatic subject; yet you're not shying away from the reality of the situation. Lois's nausea, the blood tests, the possibility of infection - you're showing us how truly horrible what happened to her is.

And the scenes with Clark are so sweetly written. His initial hesitation about coming too close to her feels very right, but the hug was great. twins Loved him sitting beside her holding her hand while she slept, too.

And this:
I guess what I’m trying to say is, I’m here for you. I don’t know what I could possibly do to help you, but I’m here, and I’m... yours.
is perfect. Awww! smile

Very, very good, Wanda!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Poignant! I am enjoying the story so far. I just want to point out what I think is a factual error.
That morning, a doctor came and drew blood. They were going to test her for HIV and AIDS to make sure the criminal hadn’t used a dirty needle. Lois blanched when the doctor informed her that she would be tested every six months for the next ten years. ‘So much for resting easy when the tests come back negative,’ she thought grimly. The disease could incubate undetected for a decade.
DocJill, or anyone, please correct me if I am wrong, but I am quite certain that HIV has a incubation period of only about 1-3 months. That is to say, if after 3 months, Lois is twice tested negative for HIV, that is it. The nightmare ends for her; she's safe from AIDS. Then the only issue left would be her mental state. None of this drastic "test every six months for the next ten years" measure that I am aware of.

If however, she tested positive for HIV, that would be a whole new ball game. AIDS does have an incubation period of about 10 years. That is, from the time you become HIV positive, to the time you develop full-blown AIDS, is 10 years. In this decade, no one would be able to tell by looking at you that you are a HIV-positive person. But yes, it shows up in a blood test long before you show signs of having AIDS.

There is a difference between being HIV-positive and having AIDS. That they are one and the same is a common misconception. HIV/AIDS is a sticky disaese as it is. Thankfully HIV doesn't have an incubation period like the BSE (mad-cow). Now *that* is really undetectable for 10 years.

Is Lois going to be HIV positive in your story (what a wham, if that is so)? Or is that HIV/AIDS fear just another hurdle for a rape/almost-rape victim to cross?

--meclone2--

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
meclone2 pointed out exactly what I was thinking of. I agree with everything she said. Also, if there was any suspicion of HIV infection, she might be started on a high dose of HIV drugs -- however, I don't really know about this, just what I see on ER.

Sorry I haven't been commenting, Wanda. This story is great -- it captures the details of the situation so well. Clark is sweet, as always, and even Ellen is not so bad.

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, Wanda! wave

Great story. I'm loving more each part! notworthy

This chapter was sweet. Lois needed that hug so much... [Linked Image] Good Clark was there for her. Oh, that man is wonderful! [Linked Image] She'll need his support more yet to back to her normal life. [Linked Image]

And when I heard, I can’t explain it--it was as if I was... dying. I had to see you. I know I can’t change what happened, but I wish to God I could! I guess what I’m trying to say is, I’m here for you. I don’t know what I could possibly do to help you, but I’m here, and I’m... yours. If there’s anything that you need or want, I’m your man.”
Beautiful, romantic, so sweet... [Linked Image]

Poor Lois! So much suffering... [Linked Image] But she isn't HIV positive, right, Wanda? [Linked Image] This would be unbearable. There are so many troubles to they face already, needn't more this one. Please, no! grovel

~Andreia (hoping a beautiful upshot to a touching story) wink

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool That was so sweet.

But it wasn’t a fireplace. It was Clark. And Lois could not explain what was happening between them, but she was certainly tiring herself out trying to think about it. She drifted off into a sweet sleep soon afterwards, too drowsy to realize that she and Clark were hand-in-hand.
Beautiful! wave

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi FoLCs,
First of all, thanks for reading, and thanks for all the comments!! (They make my day.) laugh
Thanks also for pointing out and correcting the HIV and AIDS misinformation... I will be sure to correct it before I post this to the archive. And, to ease your minds--and so you won't be waiting for something which never happens--Lois does NOT have HIV or AIDS. The wham has already happened, and you will see that the real damage is emotional (for both Lois and Clark).
Thank you again for reading... stay tuned for more!
--Wanda smile

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Top Banana
Top Banana
this is really good, Wanda! clap clap clap
I love how you can write about a so difficult subject so masterfully! it'd be so easy to write too superficially or with too angst, risking that Lois's experience come out almost ridiculed, but you have managed so skillfully!
I feel bad days will come for Lois and Clark!
When the next part?

Simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
razz . Be back for more later!

Okay, I'm back. Ah, I'm so glad Lois doesn't have HIV or AIDS. I would have been clawing the walls to find out. I look forward to seeing how Lois and Clark deal with this...anything can happen at this point.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice Wanda. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I loved the emotion between Clark and Lois. But he needs to get a grip on his guilt complex. Can't wait for the next installment.

Sira - thumbsup

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm just coming in on this too, as I catch up on my reading. This is really good, and I'm looking forward to more.

Thank goodness Ian was in the right place at the right time to stop the attack from progressing further. I hope Lois and Clark find him and thank him. In a deserted subway, in the depth of the night, many people might just not get involved. Ian shouted, not even thinking about whether the guy would bolt or not; whether the guy was armed or not.

And that's positively creepy, the idea that days-long total amnesia at best, and death at worst, is only the stumble of a stranger and a needlestick away.

I agree with the others that Clark's likely to feel needless guilt over this-- and I agree he needs to get over that quickly, since Lois is ok, and since we all know that he CAN'T be everywhere at once. As Clark or as Superman. Fortunately, this time, a good Samaritan was there in time.

Hopefully, Lois WON'T blame Superman... how could she? She didn't see the attack coming, didn't have time to call out, and obviously didn't ask ahead of time for protection that then wasn't there. She'll just have to be grateful that her luck held, and grateful for Ian's being there at the right time.

I do see that she's going to have to work this out. Despite the fact that she was spared the worst of this sort of attack, she was attacked and violated-- I hope she doesn't internalize that and blow it off.

And I hope Clark can say out loud what he is thinking, so there will be no misunderstandings about things they haven't said.

I was happy to see Ellen in a caring role, too. And I wasn't too surprised to see that Clark is Lois' emergency contact. I'm really glad to see how he cares for her, and how she lets him. Any wariness she may now have to get over regarding men in general obviously doesn't extend to Clark-- that shows the depth of her trust in him.

I suppose now would be a terrible time for Lois to discover that Clark has, in fact, been lying to her...? (Not that I'm hoping for any more angst, you understand-- that was just an idle thought. goofy )

Terry said:
I can just imagine Clark telling a therapist that he feels guilty because he should have been there, the therapist asks him if he thinks he's Superman, he answers "Yes," and he gets committed to a mental institution.
lol

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Blogger
Blogger
Story's looking good. The one part that I really liked was just a minor sentence:

She appeared tired, but her color was good, there were no visible injuries, and Clark could hear her strong heartbeat.
The fact that he consciously sought out her heart beat is something that I love. Dunno why, but it's always a WAFF to me.

Amanda

http://digital.net/~klane/LoisandClark.html

Lois Lane [referring to her underwear]: Do you like pink?
Superman: I like pink very much, Lois.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard