Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#177475 03/31/05 10:52 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I agree with you that putting Smallville episodes in an L&C box set is disgusting.
Well, it's not really part of the set - it's a bonus, an added extra. Since it's a separate disk and not included on any of the LNC disks themselves, it's simple enough to get rid of if you don't want it.

At least it's not like the current Stargate SG1 disks, which have a lot of Atlantis promotional material as special features on the actual SG1 disks, mixed in among the SG1 stuff. Since I gave up on Atlantis a time back and have absolutely no interest in it, I'd much rather have special features about SG1 on an SG1 disk, myself. razz

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#177476 05/11/05 06:05 PM
Blogger
Blogger
dance party

Sorry blush Just ordered it and had to do a happy dance somewhere....NO ONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS

"Certainty of Death. Little chance of success.... What are we waiting for?"

Gimli - Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King.
#177477 05/11/05 07:12 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Actually, on one of the other forums I frequent, someone posted to let me know about the forthcoming DVDs last week. smile

I didn't have the heart to tell him that I've known for a while . . .

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#177478 05/13/05 12:09 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Woooooooooooohooooooooooooooo!

I just ordered mine through Chapters.ca. I took the plunge.

I'm so happy!!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#177479 05/31/05 06:09 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Woohooo!!! Dvds in the mail from Amazon. Very excited...... dance

#177480 06/01/05 09:08 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Posted on Zoom's boards, the following link to a review of the DVDs:
Sitcoms Online - L&C:TNAOS - The Complete First Season

It's an interesting review, describing the packaging, video quality, etc.

About the "original pilot presentation":

Next up is the “original pilot presentation” that Deborah Joy Levine used to show the network. Levine introduces this and gives us some information on it. She talks for about 3 minutes and the rest of the time is the original piece that they showed the network to try to get the show on the air. This runs just under 20 minutes.
I've heard about this, and it will be great to get to see it.

The pilot runs over 1 hour and 32 minutes and is in its original form and has the original opening credits, where there were no scenes showed in the credits.
What does it mean "in its original form"? What is considered the original?

I had assumed we'd be getting the "UK" version, but now I'm not so sure...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#177481 06/07/05 08:44 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I got it! Unfortunately I have to leave for work in a few minutes so all I've had time to watch so far was the 'making of' featurette, but it was really cool to see.

The only thing I really hate about it is the way the disks are set up in the packaging. The review that KathyM posted mentioned this, and the writer was right. The disks could get easily scratched and if you want the one on the bottom you have to take out the one on top. I've never seen DVD sets packaged this way. It's really strange.

Anybody else have it? What do you think?

~Anna

#177482 06/07/05 09:34 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
i agree, it's a very strange way to put them in the case....
i think i will place them in a regular cd box...

i'm just so happy to have them!!!!!
i didn't have seasons 1,2
(i only have seasons 3 and 4 french version)

Hello...DUH!!!!
#177483 06/07/05 03:09 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I just got mine and have had a chance to watch anything. The packaging is unfortunately so they can save money. Once you've got it home what do they care if you scratch it. mad I would think they could have come up with something almost as cost effective that would be better for the DVDs. I'll keep the packaging but put the DVDs in seperate cases so I don't scratch the.

#177484 06/07/05 03:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mine came tonight!!! Yippeee! Although the DVD player is down because the system is torn apart because we are getting new tile. The bonus disk was in a separate sleeve inside the box, so it is easily removable.
The packaging is nice, but forces you to see them in order. Hey, I'm happy to have anything!
drool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#177485 06/08/05 04:58 PM
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
I picked them up last night on my way home from work and watched the pilot last night. It was amazing the way people and places had morphed in my memory.

Then my brother calls me today to tell me he was out and just saw them. I was a little embarrassed that I already had them and that I could barely keep from giggling at the thought of watching more tonight!

#177486 06/09/05 06:59 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Got mine UPS yesterday...Wednesday. dance dance dance

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#177487 06/11/05 03:42 PM
Blogger
Blogger
IT's Here, It's finally HERE
dance dance dance dance dance party
We've all waited a long time for this moment...Going to watch mine right now while I'm scrapbooking.

Wanda
#177488 06/17/05 07:42 AM
C
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
C
Now, I didn't intend to delurk just yet, but, well I just got my LC-DVD set. Currently watching it, has anybody else a lilac strip on the left side every other scene?
I'm so happy that I can finally see it again.

(The Smallville episode reminded me once again why I don't watch that series. And I see some problem, if they really intend to have him fly like that.)

#177489 06/18/05 01:18 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi! I'm Lorenza and I came from Italy. I'm going to visit USA in two mounths and I really would like to buy the L&C DVD...can you tell me where I will be able to find it?!? pleaseeee
thanks bye bye

the greatest thing you ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return
#177490 06/18/05 09:13 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Lorenza, and welcome smile

You should be able to get it in most big stores which sell DVDs - Best Buy, WalMart, entertainment shops and so on.

But before you buy, make sure that your DVD player will play Region 1 disks. USA to Europe you don't have the same problem with NTSC on PAL as we have here trying to play PAL on NTSC systems, but the region encoding is still an issue.

If you already have an all-region DVD player - I know they're easy to come by in the UK, but I don't know about Italy - that's fine. Or if you've already hacked your player to play all regions. If you don't know if your player can be hacked - adapted - to play all regions, then go to this site - http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers - type the make and model number of your DVD player into the box and look at the results to see what it says about region encoding and hacking. If you need help, post back here with the model number/make of your DVD player and there are plenty of people who can try to find out for you.

Good luck!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#177491 06/18/05 09:24 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you Wendy for all of your informations.. and I have another one... is only the first season of L&C avaible on DVD??

the greatest thing you ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return
#177492 06/18/05 11:28 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yes, S1 is currently the only season available on DVD. It was just released on the 6th. But has anyone heard when S2 is coming?

Steph

Clark: There's no such word as chumpy.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore he's chumpy!"
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am!
#177493 06/19/05 02:37 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Baby steps, baby steps....

(Dancing around room as dvds arrived a LOT earlier than expected. You have to love Amazon..)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard