Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#177455 03/14/05 06:35 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
This is the BEST news I've heard all year!! laugh Mark June 7th on your calendars!! We're getting extras! YAY!!!! party

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3116

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - It's a bird, it's a plane, it's an announcement!
Posted by Gord Lacey
3/14/2005

Warner Bros has just announced the first season of Lois & Clark for release on June 7, 2005, which has been a long-rumored date. Running 1034 mins, this 21 episode season will occupy 6 discs. The release will contain a full frame (1.33:1) picture, and stereo sound. Stores will apply discounts to the $59.98 list price.

Fans can look forward to some Super extras on the set, including:
"From Rivals to Romance" series retrospective
Visual Effects Featurette
Dean Cain Pilot Commentary
Original Pilot Presentation

Part of the second wave of 2005's yearlong celebration of Warner Television's 50th anniversary, Lois & Clark will be packaged with not one, but two bonus DVDs containing episodes of other shows. The ongoing rebate program will also be in effect, which rewards consumers for purchasing multiple qualifying sets.

Also on tap for June 7th is the third season of Wonder Woman, and possibly the yet-unannounced The Adventures of Superman starring George Reeves as the "Man of Steel."

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
#177456 03/14/05 08:40 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yippee!!!!!!!! dance

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#177457 03/14/05 09:47 AM
kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
hyper

#177458 03/14/05 10:11 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 jump

#177459 03/14/05 02:52 PM
Blogger
Blogger
party party party

#177460 03/14/05 04:15 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Yay! Now if I only could find out if it is going to be released here...

party party party party

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#177461 03/15/05 07:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
possibly-silly question... does "Original Pilot Presentation" mean the short version of the pilot, as opposed to the part 1/part 2 presentation that was made for reruns?

I hope so; that's only been aired once and if you didn't happen to have it on tape, you were stuck. Always interesting to see how they edited things.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#177462 03/16/05 07:40 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Pam, when I saw that I assumed that they meant the "UK" version. If I understand it all correctly, this version has *all* scenes intact, whereas the version that they showed "originally" in September of 1993 has stuff that's missing from the reruns when they broke into 2 pieces. So I'd like all scenes on the DVD.

I never bought the few videos that were released by Columbia House, but I think it was the "UK" version that was used, right?

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#177463 03/16/05 08:28 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
party party Does the commentary thing mean a voice-over by Dean Cain/ If only they had interviews with Teri as well...

[Lucius is trying to get his wife to tell him wear his Super suit is in 'The Incredibles']
Lucius Best: This is about the greater good!
Honey Best: I'm your wife! I'm the greatest good you're ever going to get!
#177464 03/16/05 09:23 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The "commentary" for the FK DVDs was a voice-over narrating stuff about the production that you could turn on or off. I'm thinking that the LNC DVDs will have the same. And Kathy, I agree with you. <G> Seems to me that the "complete" pilot would be the uncut version.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
#177465 03/16/05 12:28 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
WHOOHOO! I'm so excited about all of this!!!! hyper

Now, all I have to do is find the money to buy it! dizzy

#177466 03/18/05 06:26 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just found this on TVshowsonDVD.com

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - Correction regarding bonus DVDs
Posted by Gord Lacey
3/16/2005

Yesterday I mentioned that Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Season 1 would come bundled with 2 bonus DVDs celebrating the 50th anniversay of Warner Television. That was incorrect; the set will come with one DVD containing "Crusade," the season premiere of Smallville season 4.

Sorry for the confusion this incorrect information may have caused.
...we get smallville...yuck....
Whats everyone think about this new development?

#177467 03/19/05 06:31 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Whats everyone think about this new development?
Well, have to admit that, generally speaking, I'm a little disappointed with the features anyway.

I made the same assumption as Kathy on the 'original pilot' thing - which is hardly a bonus for us in the UK as we got that first time around. wink

The DC commentary will be interesting, of course, but I guess I've been pretty spoiled by Stargate's DVDs, where every single episode has a commentary. I know that's not the norm and so I should never expect it, but I was kind of hoping for more than just one episode having one.

Since I already have the episodes on DVD, thanks to a very kind fan, I suspect I won't be rushing out to buy, but will get these eventually.

Actually, that decision has nothing to do with the extras, was always pretty much the case - need to save up the pennies to afford them first. <G>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#177468 03/19/05 08:01 AM
Columnist
Columnist
wowwwwwwwwww

I can´t wait party

I need to save money because I want to buy it. smile

Karla

#177469 03/29/05 04:23 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was posted on Zoom\'s boards ...

1) Tonight WB Home Video had an online chat. A question was asked about the release of LnC. It went something like this:

Can you also tell us how far a part will you release LOIS & CLARK? Will Teri Hatcher be involved for the bonus material in future sets, as Dean Cain is for season one?

They answered something like this:

LOIS AND CLARK S1 which is coming this June contains special features including new Teri Hatcher interviews.You can expect more LOIS AND CLARK in 2006
---
2)
The question was something like this:

First, on behalf of the FoLCs, I'd like to thank Warner for releasing season one of Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman on DVD. We'd like to know a few things, are there going to be outtakes, what about the aspect ratios on the Lois and Clark DVDs, and are there plans to release the other three seasons quickly? (Possible dates, please?)

Warner's answered something like this:

LOIS & CLARK will be 4x3. No outtakes, but EXCELLENT supplements are planned. Others will follow faster than a speeding bullet.
wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#177470 03/29/05 04:32 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Teri Hatcher interviews! I'm so happy to hear this! hyper

#177471 03/29/05 06:40 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I, personally, was disgusted by the idea of them throwing a Smallville ep onto it. Naturally, the people on K-Site were mostly enthused by the idea. I hope I'm not breaking any rules by this: http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=970644#post970644
That's my post on the subject. I, for one, would LOVE to see outtakes. And have commentaries for every episode . . . and the SV people can just bide their time till the SV season 4 dvd comes out like they KNOW it will . . . *sighs*
But I'm excited anyways--I'm hoping that that pilot thing means it has the scenes of Lois dressed up as a guy . . . I saw glimpses of that in the video advertising When Larry Met Charlie and was stunned, because I'd no clue that part existed.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
#177472 03/29/05 07:55 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree with you that putting Smallville episodes in an L&C box set is disgusting. Why would I want to see the fourth season premiere of SV? I'd rather see something like introductory material to the upcoming Superman movie, even though the premise looks awful, or an unaired fifth season premiere of SV. While that's still bad, at least it's something no one's seen yet if their goal is to promote their shows.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#177473 03/30/05 03:23 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I'm guessing they're thinking the 4th season opener of Smallville will be of interest to Lois & Clark fans because of the introduction of Lois' character. "Crusade" is actually a very decent episode, and even includes Margot Kidder's first appearance on the series ... but the best part is Erica Durance. Erica was, after all, a FoLC and said that she basically modeled her portrayal of Lois after Teri's version of the character. I know there are some here who don't like Smallville, but I do think there are reasons for the WB to include it. Unfortunately, we can't change it and if you don't want to watch the episode, you certainly don't have to! Let's just be happy that we're getting these DVDs at all, look forward to the extras that we *do have* and anticipate the extras we *will get* on future box sets! wink

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
#177474 03/31/05 02:53 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Personally, I think the Smallville DVD would make a good coaster. Or maybe my dad could take it skeet shooting. Hm. I wonder how good of a frisbee it'd make.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard