Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#177034 11/20/04 01:50 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I know in some of the Lois and Clark shows where they refrenceed to that Superman's powers comes from the sun and that Metropolis is located somewhere with the area of Chicago.

Well being from Chicago and I know the climate around this area is not very good especially in the winter time. So my question is that, how does Superman servive the winter in Metropolis if there is hardly any sun at all in the winter?

#177035 11/20/04 01:54 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's not heat that fuels Superman's powers, but the radiation from the yellow sun. That's also what makes him "super".

#177036 11/21/04 02:08 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Actually, while the real Metropolis is located in southern Illinois, on the Ohio River, the fictional Metropolis is on the eastern seaboard. However, I forget if it's north or south of NYC. (I think it's south, somewhere around Delaware. I could be wrong.)

I think Superman really doesn't need that much sunlight in order to recharge. He's been consistantly shown to store sunlight like a battery, and it takes a lot to get rid of all of the charge. I think he'd only have issues if he had Kryptonite exposure in the winter, and then he could use sunlamps, just like people who have SAD.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard