Next Thread
Print Thread
#176951 10/24/04 06:42 AM
sandrad Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi everybody!

I just can't help but notice that there are a gajillion fics out there where the very first thing Lois & Clark do some mornings, after waking up, of course, is kiss each other! But wouldn't morning breath be a problem? I mean, even if Clark is super and bacteria can't grow in his oral cavity, wouldn't Lois wake up with a nasty taste in her mouth like everyone else? Or maybe they're just too smitten to notice that!

Just a thought! :p

Mirage smile

Clark: You're really high maintenance, aren't you?

Lois: Yes, but I'm worth it!
#176952 10/24/04 09:35 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yes, I have often tought that too. Even in TV shows (well not all. There was one where the gal was paranoid right after they got married that she'd brush her teeth and did her hair right before the alarm would go off. LOL).

You'd think he'd be extra...sensitive to Lois' morning oral environment.

Sigh - love CAN overcome anything. LOL.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#176953 10/24/04 09:42 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah, I think they're both too smitten to care. smile

Molly
#176954 10/24/04 01:25 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by SuperRoo:
There was one where the gal was paranoid right after they got married that she'd brush her teeth and did her hair right before the alarm would go off.
Haha! Ohh... man, I used to do that. Wouldn't let the boyfriend kiss me good morning if I hadn't brushed my teeth. Unfortunately he didn't grant me the same courtesy! Plus he didn't seem to care if I had or hadn't brushed my teeth.

From talking this subject over with some of my girlfriends, we've come to decide the first-morning kiss is way more important to guys than girls. As in, girls would rather wait to kiss goodmorning until after teeth had been brushed, hair had been fixed, etc. while guys wanted that kiss regardless how bad we looked (or tasted)! Perhaps this is why Superman is more forgiving...

Anyone elses have the same (or different) opinions)? --Wanda

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
#176955 10/24/04 03:33 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Depends who you're with. laugh Let's just say I wouldn't kick Clark out of the bed for not brushing his teeth first. Or Jack O'Neill, for that matter... goofy

Edited to omit slight slip of the fingers. I blame posting at 3.30 am, just before bed.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#176956 10/24/04 06:18 PM
sandrad Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
You'd think he'd be extra...sensitive to Lois' morning oral environment.

Sigh - love CAN overcome anything. LOL.
True! Must be great to be that disgustingly in love with someone who loves you back with the same magnitude!

the first-morning kiss is way more important to guys than girls. As in, girls would rather wait to kiss goodmorning until after teeth had been brushed, hair had been fixed, etc. while guys wanted that kiss regardless how bad we looked (or tasted)!
I concur, Wanda! 'Cept I only fuss about tooth-brushing...I don't care much about fixing my hair first, because, after all, who doesn't wake up with weird hair? And bedhead created from sharing the same bed is just so endearing and romantic... drool Enough said.

Mirage

Clark: You're really high maintenance, aren't you?

Lois: Yes, but I'm worth it!
#176957 03/23/06 09:57 AM
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
the show with the girl that brushed her teeth and all was, I think, A Different World, in which Whitley would smack the alarm the second it went off, brush her teeth, fix her hair and spritz perfume, then jump back into bed and dwayne would comment of the amazingness of her appareance/taste when he woke up and kissed her good morning.

#176958 03/23/06 10:11 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I totaly agree with Labrat...

the greatest thing you ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return
#176959 04/18/06 05:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me and my fiance always kiss first thing, we don't have a problem with it. I guess we are "just too smitten to notice that!"

#176960 04/18/06 09:14 PM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
12 hour tooth paste? <g>

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#176961 04/18/06 10:24 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
How... romantic. wink

Kae smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#176962 04/19/06 06:53 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm, anyone ever heard of keeping peppermint gum by their bedside? Or am I the first?

My husband and I have been married 10 years and we just pop a piece in if we want to get a little romantic some morning and haven't made it out of bed yet. Works great (as long as you like peppermint - but there are other flavors). thumbsup

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#176963 04/24/06 12:54 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Peppermint gum by the bed? That sounds like a good idea!

I have had very little trouble with morning kissing, although I really would prefer if it could wait until everyone's brushed their teeth. Sometimes you just get swept up and there isn't time. If it works in real life, why wouldn't it be true for a tv show?

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard