Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#176899 10/07/04 12:41 PM
sandrad Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
wave Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I've been a FoLC for the longest time, and I really miss the show.

I was going around looking for the DVD, and naturally, I learned the hard way that no DVD was ever released. I think I once came across a petition for the release of the series, but site didn't seem very active.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting something now, or if there IS in fact an active petition going on out there that I can sign? Because, you know, it just riles me up when I go on eBay and see the pirate versions for $150 USD...I want a quality set from the original companies! What do you all say?

Keep me looped,
Mirage laugh

Clark: You're really high maintenance, aren't you?

Lois: Yes, but I'm worth it!
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
There is a petition website called TV Shows on DVD where you can register to petition for your favourite TV shows the link is given below:

TV Shows on DVD

Good on you for wanting to petition I hope our voices will be heard!

PS Lois and Clark currently stands at the third most requested show to be put on DVD so your help will be appreciated!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
sandrad Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
smile Hi! Thanks for letting me know...I immediately signed up and voted, of course! I really hope that the studios will pay attention to us and release the show, darn it!

You see, I was looking into the subject the other day and my brother, who can do anything on a computer (while I'm the computer idiot) told me that I can download the show at some site if I had a small program, but it would be 17G and it would take two straight weeks! dizzy

My computer's sort of on the old side, so that means that I would have to go through the trouble of upgrading my computer, getting a DVD drive & burner, more memory, etc. But I think that as a dedicated fan, I deserve to be able to buy the real DVD, you know? We all do!

So if anyone else hasn't voted yet, I highly encourage you to as well!

Mirage

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Glad to be of help! I understand completely I haven't the time to download all of them and would love to see it on DVD!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
The Forever Knight fandom succeeded in finally getting that series on DVD by various snail mail campaigns as well. Don't forget traditional letters.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
sandrad Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
That's good, because it proves that what we're trying to do isn't impossible...only thing is, how can we co-ordinate something like that when we're all from different countries?

I'll keep thinking though!

Mirage

E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Well, the Forever Knight fandom is focused on several e-mailing lists. People posted campaign reminders to the list serve every once in a while, and sometimes did a little something different for the holidays. For Halloween one year, I think one of the campaigns had people mailing vampire fangs in along with letters from fans. Forever Knight was a vampire show, so the tie-in worked. One year, donations bought a half-page ad in one of the Hollywood-type magazines that people who worked for TPTB were sure to notice. I don't remember which one it was.

A good idea might be to have a permanent thread with the snail mail addresses of TPTB -- the comnpanies who own the copyrights to the show and who could feasibly get it out on DVD. Not just general company addresses, but the appropriate people to contact.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Saw this after I posted another message - but tvshowsondvd.com announced today that Warner Bros. has Lois and Clark slated for an '05 release. The link to the article is in the other post.

Cheers,
Elle

Elle Roberts

She's a dancer who doesn't dance. He's a painter who doesn't paint. It's like a bohemian version of the Island of Misfit Toys. – “Igby Goes Down”
sandrad Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Honestly, that just made my year (even though there's only a couple months of it left). Refer to my post in the other strand.

Let's hope this is true and that it'll come out early, everyone!

Mirage

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard