Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hello

I just have a question. I don't know if it has been covered recently; sorry I cannot find anything on it.

In the pilot, everything was shot in a certain format. It looked more real lifeish. Whereas later on it looked different.

Oh gee that sounds vague.

hmm.... CSI, Law and Order and so on have their look. Compared to a 1/2 hour comedy sitcom the 'look' is different. You can totally tell it is a set and looks fake where as the previous look more real life.

Lois and Clark, in the beginning, had the lighting and sound closer to that of CSI and L and O. Later it took on a more vibrant look. Not that of a 1/2 hour sitcom, of course.

If my memory serves me right the pilot (1 and 2) looked different. Then the rest in season one looked different from the rest of the series.

Does anyone know why the change? Was it by design or the beginning just looked like that not b/c of stlye, but b/c of money. I thought the style was cool.

I won't go into it anymore. I'm curious at the response from those who have an opinion and/or are more educated in the realm of LnC and TV production.

Or am I clear as mud (and I won't get a response)?

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Roo, my first thought when I read this was that you are thinking of the difference between shows shot on film versus shows shot on tape. Usually 1-hour drama style shows are shot on film, while some sitcoms and nearly all variety-style shows (with a live audience) are shot on tape. The difference in appearance is very obvious.

However, I know for a fact that LnC was always shot on film, never on tape. So I'm not really sure about the difference you are speaking about. I personally never noticed any kind of change in the appearance of the show. I did see how the actors' appearances changed over time.

Sorry - I know that doesn't answer your question. frown

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks though! I did get a satisfactory answer here , if anyone is curious as to what I meant.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Blogger
Blogger
i had a thought, too, that could account for the difference. I read somewhere once that the the executives behind the show were figuring that if the pilot didn't take off here, they could at least release it as a movie in Europe, or something. Maybe that's why they would have put it in a better quality, just in case.

"I have loved you from the beginning...
And I will love you till the end...
In my heart I am your husband...
And I am your wife...
Always" -Big Girls Don't Fly

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard