Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi

OMG!!!! How would this be ok? I can´t think about a way that it could be better for Clark. frown

Try to work as a Superman full time is gonna kill him....I know that... frown

Please show us a light ... :rolleyes:

I love this part...the next one soon please hyper

Merriwether
Merriwether
Clark needs to face his fears and be realistic here! He has so many options! Why?!

Sigh. I guess it is hard whe you are the one with the problem.

Please more! Your writing style is pulling....yanking me in. I need more.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. help Why the Kent's do something? He is hiding from his problem.

:rolleyes: His attitude is really annoying.

His hearing picked the sound of a high-pitched scream. He jumped to his feet and less than a second later, a sonic boom could be heard over the northern hills.
:rolleyes: If this is Lois and she get kill or hurt he won't know how to deal with it.

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Somehow I missed Part 3 so now I am all caught up!

Poor Clark!? He's going to kill himself this way all isolated and alone. He needs to TELL HER!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow!! You're really showing us what it might be like if Lois really had lost Clark permanently. She isn't coping well at all, although she's projecting the opposite. And she's even less concerned about her own safety now. She's barely functioning, emotionally, but hiding behind the Mad Dog Lane facade. And that will probably not be something she can maintain for very long-- the internal fragility and the outward brittleness-- without some sort of meltdown. She's reverted to what she was before Clark came along, and unfortunately, that means she'll probably drive away some of the people who do care about her.

And this--
“That they may never find a body? What do you want me to do if they don’t? Just assume that Clark’s dead and get on with my life?
How heartbreaking!
Part of her hasn't truly accepted what has happened-- because there's no body, there's no closure, but she is also clinging to a desperate hope that he could still be alive. A subconcious acknowledgement that she has recognized Clark in Superman at some deeply buried level? Or just part of the normal process of disbelief, grief, and denial, before ultimate acceptance of a loved one's death?

I'm a little surprised that she hasn't shown up at Clark's apartment yet. Not that she would necessarily be lucky enough to actually find him there (that would be too easy, huh?), or that she might notice clues that things are not as they appear... But she spent so much time there before all this happened, that she might go there for comfort.

And how is Clark going to live full time as Superman? Oh, I know he's found what he thinks of as a "fortress of solitude", but really, he's been Clark all his life. Can he really completely deny that?

This story is really exploring the "what if they couldn't ever resolve this?" question... I can believe that it could have happened like this; that is, that Clark believed that he had to stay dead, and moved on, and Lois had to learn to live without him. (The sex with Superman thing is still harder for me to understand, but that's mostly because I have trouble imagining that Clark could do that, for the first time and with the woman of his dreams, even in extreme and mindless grief and not manage to fall into his "normal" Clark persona. But I've also never experienced the loss of someone I've loved desperately, under such awful circumstances.)

I agree with Maria-- I don't like the sound of this new investigation. Can you imagine Clark's reaction?

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Kerth
Kerth
Clarrrkk!! [Linked Image]

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Columnist
Columnist
dizzy

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Enough with the suffering. Love each other why dont you!!

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Bad point: looks like Clark's getting in deeper and deeper. His chances of surviving Lois's eventual wrath are nearing zero...

Good point: the way this story is going, we have LOTS OF installments to look forward to. laugh

Honestly, I love all the drama and angst. And I've got the feeling that somwhere on the line there's a big BANG waiting... I can't wait to read more!!!!

Sira - addicted, once again thumbsup

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
This story is excellent! wave

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Kaethel and Wendy

WOW! This is so heart-wrenching. smile1

Tricia cool

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Oh god, he wasn’t imagining it. Her heartbeat was resounding in his ears, fast and furious. She was scared. She was in danger. Lois!
Egads!! Nice transition, though you scared the heck outta me.

He walked up to her and seized her hands. “I care,” he said in a hoarse whisper. “Lois, if anything happened to you... I don’t think I could ever forgive myself.”
Waffy, whammy... right there, all in one paragraph. *sigh*

He was standing close. So close that he could feel her breath on his lips. So close that it would be only too easy to lean in and steal a kiss. A kiss that, he knew, would quickly turn passionate. He wanted her so fiercely that it hurt.
Clark Jerome Kent!!!! Don't you even dare!!

Yes, I'm playing the macho super-hero here, but you might consider that I don't really want to lose two people that I care about in the same week."

Low blow, Clark, he told himself.
Yeah, no sh... kidding. razz

Her conscience pointed out that, as Superman had reminded her, Clark had been his friend too. He had been upset - she'd seen the grief, and the guilt that he hadn't been there to save their friend. The expression in his eyes... she would never have imagined Superman looking like that. Not ever.
Oh!! whinging

A man who wasn't Clark.
/me opens her mouth... and shuts it again...

Okay. So now he had to work out where he could stay. There had to be somewhere private, away from prying eyes, that he could use as a base.
Say Lois's apartment, come up with *that* idea, and I'll thwack you. I'm not above stealing Kae's kryptonite coated 2x4. I'm really not!

A fortress of solitude.
Nice! frown

At least his life as Superman was useful to the city, and now that Clark was dead, he could patrol a lot more and make sure Metropolis’s crime rate decreased substantially.
Wow... how can I be upset with him for being so resigned to his fate? Especially when I'm certain that there *is* no happy ending? Could it be that there is still some hope out there?

This story is *not* good for my heart!! ;p~~~

Sara (who is going to have to go to bed now and rest up her heart for Betrayed... *sigh*)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, we're a bit late in posting the next part. Both of us have been very busy this weekend, but we're back here now. smile

Yes, Clark might make it worse and worse... what will happen when Lois learns he lied to her? Or will he manage to hide it so well that she'll never ever figure it out?

We're so glad that some of you pointed out our focus on Lois's reaction to losing Clark permanently. We had a lot of fun exploring that aspect of the TOGOM plot. And yes, because there's no body to bury, there's no closure. She can't accept Clark's death until she goes through the grieving process, which she can't do until she finds that closure.

So let's see where the next session takes us. wink

Thanks very much, you all! smile

Wendy and Kaethel smile

ps: Sara, thanks very much for your comments on both this part and the previous one. Your comments always make us grin. smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard