Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#175941 01/10/04 02:28 PM
Jess Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello everyone!

I don'y know if anyone is interested but for a couple of months now the Lois and Clark chatroom has been up only on rare occasions on WinMX. But now i am happy to announce that we are back in action.
thumbsup

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
#175942 01/10/04 02:51 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually, I wanted to install WinMx but I am really puzzled by the requierments. Do I have to have a Pentium 166 computer to have it?

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#175943 01/10/04 03:14 PM
Jess Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
It is recommended and you have to have Windows 98 / ME / 2000 / XP! Check out the site and d/l it here..... WinMx

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
#175944 01/10/04 04:33 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have Windows 98, but my computer is a Pentium 4, I believe. confused

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?

(The X-Files)
#175945 01/10/04 05:39 PM
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Glad to see that it's up and running. I downloaded WinMX specially to download LnC episodes last month but I have never be able to find the chatroom. Had already given up hope; then I saw this. smile

Goody goody. smile See you in the chatroom one day!

twins
metwin1

#175946 01/10/04 10:59 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Julie, softwares usually give you the minimum configuration required for them to work correctly. So if you have anything more recent than a Pentium 166 (eg your Pentium 4), you're perfectly fine. smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#175947 01/11/04 04:00 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Kaethel! I'm not very savvy in all those matters. Now I can stop obsessing and install the thing. I have to wait for my dad to reformat my computer though, there's no point in downloading anything until then.

(which doesn't stop me from using my Kazaa, but still wink )

Julie

(The X-Files)
#175948 01/11/04 11:39 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
*ahem* try WinMX. It's better than Kazaa -- no ads. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#175949 02/21/04 11:54 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm not a computer genius but I have WinMX again. Is anyone going to be on it? (dunno how it works sorree!) I'm trying to collect all the episodes.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#175950 02/23/04 10:00 AM
Jess Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello.....yes i am on quite a lot my name is supespunker! Feel free to find me and ask me any questions. You can normally find me in these 3 chats- Tv-Series, Superheros Lounge, or Supes Phantom Zone (although sometime the Superman's LAir is up). I am on most of the time.

#175951 02/23/04 07:55 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Thanks! I'll keep a look out for you! hyper

#175952 02/23/04 07:58 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm RatRacer281. smile

#175953 02/24/04 06:04 AM
Jess Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Sure thing.... I forgot to mention as well......I do every all 88 episoides of Lois and Clark for you to download on winmx...hopefully we are not firewalled. I will gladly help you with anything (I knew how it felt to be a newbie once) and will also get you starting you lnc collection. thumbsup

#175954 02/27/04 09:25 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh WOW! I have no idea if I am firewalled. When are you normally on?! smile1 smile1 smile1

#175955 02/29/04 07:06 AM
Jess Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I am on all the time however i was away on a trip the past 4 days so I was unable to be on. I mostly on in the late afternoon and night (im opn eastern-standard time) because i do go to school during the day.
I don't know ways to tell if you are firewalled your just gonna have to try and download from me and see if it is allowed.

#175956 03/10/04 03:47 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
blush I've finally figured out this WinMX thing blush . Any1 on in the near future. The ones I've found have line-ups 50-99 deep for LnC episodes frown

From a *red faced* Roo

#175957 03/11/04 02:31 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I have WinMX but I have no idea how to find you or download Lois and Clark episodes frown

Dodge this!
#175958 03/11/04 11:01 AM
Jess Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
When you are on WinMX look for the Chat button. It will take a while for all the chats to load (there is normally between 700 and 1200 chats) Click on channel and they will be put in ABC order to make it easier to find a chat. I am im a number of different chats; supes phantom zone, Superman's Lair, Superheor's lounge, and Tv-Series. There is also a Lois and Clark chat that is up at the moment but is not consistent, keep your eyes peeled though!

#175959 03/13/04 03:13 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I'm a newbie, I just joined last week (both this message board and the WMX) I haven't the slightest idea on how to work it. I've typed in all the topics everyone has had, and I also went to the chat page, and instead of chats, I got all these "blocks" and different shapes (just like wingdings) and nobody's chat names came up. Anybody want to give a little helping hand to someone out there who wants to get all the episodes?? Please? I'm getting so frustrating! mecry

"Lois, Superman is what I do; Clark is who I am."

-----------------------------

Mandalin
#175960 03/14/04 04:21 AM
Jess Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
WINMX HELP!

Since there are many people looking to use winmx to get episodes, and since I can't always be found to help everyone out I am gonna post how to use winmx here!

- When you start winmx the Networks window will be shown. Wait untill the connection status is green and says ready.

- You have on the top of you screen, 7 buttons (that is what im calling them haha) that will take you to different window.
Networks -where you start
Shared Files - This will show you all the files you are sharing for other to download.
Chat - where you can enter different chat rooms
Search - Where you can enter anything in and search for that topic.
Hotlist - This is a list of users that you have talked to through a private message (either you sent them one or they sent you.)
Transfers- This will show every file your downloding and every file that others are uploading from you.
Bandwidth - This is not all the important, it just shows you that speed at while you downloading and uploading.

- Chatting - There a numorous number of chats (range anywhere from 800 to 1200). Click on that chat button up top. IT will take you to the page. A window will come up (im not sure what it says never took the time to read it) Just click continue. Up top there will be another series of buttons below the 7 main ones. It says List Channels and Winmx Peer Network (this is also where you will see you different chats tht you are currently in). Winmx Peer Network is already selected and the chats should automatically begin to load. wait till all the chats are close to finishing loading it will be easier to find what you looking for. Right above the list you see 3 other buttons that say channel, users and topic. Click channel this will but the chats in alphabetical order and make it even easier to find. Just scrol down to find that chats you want to enter and just double click or click on the button above that says join selected channel.
Again the chats that most FOLC's are in are...supes phantom zone, superhero's lounge, superman's lair, and even the tv series chat. Also always look for the Lois and Clark chat that will sometimes be up!

The Zone and Lair deal mostly with smallville eps though and the lounge is all superheores (ie- hulk, spiderman ect.) Don't ask if anyone has Lois and Clark eps most will say there is a chat for that (they dont know better). You can try though, your bets bet is to ask in TVseries. After a while you learn what users to look for in the chat.

- Searching - You can also find eps by serching for them. click on the search button. in the window type in Lois and Clark (or anything else you might be looking for) You also have to select if it is audio, video or pictures. Music is audio, shows and movies (like LnC) is video and looking for any pics (Jpeg, Mpg ect) is a picture. It will search ,sometimes nothing will come up just keep clicking on serch once in a while to refresh the search.

- Downloading - The trickest part of all. What most people don't understand is that you have to wait in someones queue (like a like if you will). And there is a process into doing so. If you want to broswe a users files, right click on there name and you will see a bunch of options click browse and there files will begin to load in there own window. One you found a file you want (either from a user or the search window)...
-double click on it (this will bring you to your transfer page (the file will be yellow)
-There is a little box to the left of the file with either a + or - in the box make sure there is a minus and the users name is shown under the file name.
- The file will turn red and the users name should be in a pinkish color.
-Right click on the user name and click on enter remote queue. (the file will turn yellow again)
-Once you have enter in to the queue the file will be purple and uner status it will same remotly queue and then a number. This is basically the number in line you have to wait before you turn (ie- if you 12 in queue there are 11 other who need to download before you) You can however private message a user and ask them automatically start you.

You downloads are on the top of your transfer page the bottom will have files and users in an orange color... these are the people who are uploading files from you. To start them just right click on there name and select start transfer.

**Important notice**- if your tansfer get terminater by a users (either they left or you just got disconnect) DONT DELETE THE FILE. you can download the same file from where you left off at. ( I learned this the hard way!)

This is the main jist of WinMx using. Play around with it and explore and you find how to do other things. If you have any question just ask either here or find me on WinMx (user name: supespunker)

I hope this has Helped!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard