Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#175889 01/06/04 06:33 AM
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Yes, my friends, it's time for another round of Caption This! (trademarkedbySciFiusedwithoutpermissionbutit'ssocatchy..) Thanks for picking me last round, Shadow. laugh

Without further ado, here's the next picture!

[Linked Image]

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#175890 01/06/04 07:45 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Clark: "Don't you thinks that is a drasctic measure to wear a lead-coated bulletproof vest when you are going to meet Superman? Don't you know that he won't ever use his X-ray vision with you?"

Lois: "How do you know that?"

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#175891 01/06/04 07:55 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Clark: "Yes, I know there are bad guys out there with Kryptonite bullets, Lois, but I *really* think it's going to look dumb to wear this under my Superman suit!"

Kathy

#175892 01/06/04 07:59 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Clark: Matching clothes, Lois, really? We're going to look ridiculous.

Lois: Yeah, I know. But we did lose the bet.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#175893 01/06/04 02:38 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Most people probably won't get this but I had to do it:

Clark: This is ridiculous! I know the guy has five Grammy nominations, but he's making us wear these while we interview him?

Lois: *lost in thought* I'm thinking about wearing mine outside my shirt. 50 cent wears his like that and he looks cool.

Note: 50 cent is a famous rapper who is known for being shot several times before entering the music business and often wears a bullet proof vest.

#175894 01/06/04 06:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"so you see, lois, when i was shot, i was wearing one of these... every reporter should have one! here, i got one for you, too!"

"gee, thanks, clark. next time i go out to a gangster-infested nightclub in an evening gown, i'll put this on. it will be so inconspicuous."

----

clark, out loud: "lois, do i really have to wear one of these things? i know it'll be more authentic, but it's so constraining and i'm afraid that i might just end up ripping it apart. it's not like i need it, anyway. the whole thing... it's just not me..."

lois, thinking to herself: "i can't believe he is complaining to me about how uncomfortable it will be to strap one of these heavy things tightly to his chest!"

---

"so, as i understand it, this harness is supposed to simulate the added weight and bulk of the first trimester. okay. i can understand you wearing one, just to see how it would feel, but why do i get one? i can lift a truck with one hand. i'll never feel this thing."

---

check this out, lois! i had dr klien make it up especially for you! this one here is a back-up, in case something happens to the first one, but i can use it to demonstrate. see, it's not just a bullet-proof vest, although it does stop bulets. it's got all sorts of features.

over here is a parachute, so the next time you get thrown off a building, you just press this button.

this is an emergency tracking beacon, so the next time you get dropped down a chute into a soundproofed room, you can just press this button and i'll be able to find you. no more relying on tuning into your pager for me!

speaking of that little escapade, the vest also acts as an emergency floatation device. you just hold it like this. so, the next time you're drowning in wet cement or are thrown out of an airplane which happens to be over water, it'll be really useful.

now, if you happen to land in shark-infested waters, you'll need to use...

---

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#175895 01/07/04 07:32 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark: So, what are we investigating? Gangs? Drug lords? A gun-running operation?

Lois: Local highschool.

~•~
#175896 01/07/04 10:13 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
--
Lois: You think I'd look good in this?
Clark: I think you'd look good in anything, Lois.
Lois: Nice try, but I'm not wearing it.
Clark: If it makes you feel better, I'll put on one too. See?
--

AnnaBtG. laugh

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#175897 01/07/04 04:57 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Clark: Honey I know we're married and all but I don't think that wearing matching vests can be classified as marital bonding.
Lois: Clark don't even try to worm your way out of it.Remember that I'm still top banana
Clark: I'll file that away for future reference

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#175898 01/08/04 11:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure no one'll get this either but...personnal inside joke:

OS: Welcome to this 'How to survive during war and crisis as a reporter' training program. here's your package. Put those bullet proof vest on and follow me for the first step: regulation haircut.

Lois (running to the elevators): no way!

Clark: Lois! Come back! He's just kidding!

#175899 01/11/04 12:02 PM
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
LOL. Okay, while everyone's was funny, I have to go with Cyad. The "regulation haircut" just brings back too many memories! (Especially of one guy with really long hair, whose friends had shaved half of it off the night before he left for Basic Training. Not the bottom half. The *left* half. Ack.)

So, you're up, Cyad!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#175900 01/11/04 11:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Karen!

Especially of one guy with really long hair, whose friends had shaved half of it off the night before he left for Basic Training. Not the bottom half. The *left* half. Ack.
Ouch! how did he take it? (I won't make silly jokes on the right side of things).

About the 'inside joke' of my caption: there are centers (usually miltary ones) proposing "how to react in war or 'hostile' situations" trainings to international reporters covering conflicts' scenes worldwide.

Carole smile1

PS: I'm really not good at picking up 'captionnable' pics but... let's see what you can do with this (tiny?) one:

[Linked Image]

#175901 01/12/04 05:22 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
WHAT? No, I will not 'just say hi' to your mom!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#175902 01/12/04 07:09 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
"Look, Ms. King, I understand that you and Lois Lane have a rivalry going, but I will not break into Clark Kent's apartment so you can hide out in his bed to seduce him! Hmm, but come to think of it, if Lois wanted to do the same, I probably wouldn't say no ..."

Kathy

#175903 01/12/04 07:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
achoo! oh, i'm sorry. it's just that as a public figure in the 90's who wears briefs on the outside of his clothes, i'm allergic to women named lynda who wield tape recorders...

Paul (hoping to do better when he's a little more awake... it's been a rough weekend)

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#175904 01/12/04 11:13 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
--
Superman: You call that a tape recorder? I could melt it just by looking at it!
--

Stupid, I know.
See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#175905 01/13/04 06:43 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Linda: Hey Superman can I have your number?
Superman: Do I look like a person who can afford a cell phone?
Linda: Well in that case can I get Clark's number?
Superman: Sure! 5556472

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#175906 01/13/04 08:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"well, i don't usually do this, but lois asked me to do it for you as a personal favor. i don't know what you offered her to get her to say that... actually, it's probably better if i don't ask. let's just get it done. start when i hear the tone, right? okay... hello, this is superman. lynda king is not available at the moment, but if you leave a message after the beep, she'll get right back to you. have a super day."

---

"... and then he asked me to turn my head and cough, like this. it was at about that time that i realized i was in the wrong office..."

#175907 01/14/04 10:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gosh, I honestly don't know which to pick up, but I really have to do it today.

<after a round of caption re-reading>

I'm still torn between Rivka and Kathy... and flipping a coin is out of question.

Rivka 'cause, yes it's was cellphone (okay a 90's one) plus I have this nagging image of the grey haired ladies on the pic, rushing to superman to handle him their phone numbers. smile1

Anyway, you're up Kathy!

#175908 01/15/04 06:39 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Me, huh? Glad you liked it! Off to find a photo ... brb ...

OK, back. I actually found a few I liked, but this one cracked me up so I just had to try it. Let's see what you guys can do with this!

[Linked Image]

Kathy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard