Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#175874 01/05/04 10:21 AM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay, FoLCs. It's time to confess. Tell us all the weird L&C related dreams you've had.

I'll start: I dreamed I was late for school and was having an algebra test first period. Then Clark showed up (I don't remember where from, exactly, you know how dreams are huh ), and he wasn't supposed to know I knew his secret identity (again, you know how dreams are) but eventually I told him I knew he was Superman, (and he was sort of dumbfounded) and then I asked him to take me to school at superspeed. He didn't though. I don't remember what his excuse was.

Now it's your turn. laugh

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#175875 01/05/04 10:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can't remember any specific L&C dreams, but they have made cameos in my other dreams.

As for Superman in general...

This is a wierd one:
I dreamed I was Lois Lane. Apparently, the people of Krypton had come to earth and were living underground. I, suspecting they were here, got a shovel and began digging around. Soon, I struck a trap-door. Opening it revealed a small compartment filled with water and containing a Superman T-shirt. I had discovered their laundry!
I went to Clark Kent to tell him of my find, but he didn't seem to believe me. (My mind was split for some reason; the me who was me knew that Clark was Kryptonian so naturally he'd try to cover for them. The me who was Lois thought his behaviour was suspicious, but didn't want to press the matter any further.)
I went back to the spot where I'd found the laundry, only to discover everything was gone. As if someone had quickly moved it...

Well, there's your proof that I'm insane. If anyone wants to base a fic on it, be my guest.

~•~
#175876 01/05/04 11:24 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Do dreams about Dean Cain count....?

<BG>

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#175877 01/06/04 12:18 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL! That could be a pretty dangerous question to ask, Julie. goofy

Funnily enough, I can't recall ever dreaming about Lois and Clark. But then I rarely remember my dreams to start with, so I could have been having all kinds of nocturnal fun and never known it!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#175878 01/06/04 03:15 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've never had any L&C-related dreams. I wonder if that means I'm not obsessed enough? huh

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#175879 01/06/04 03:46 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I've seen a couple of dreams with L&C, but can't remember them right now... they were a while ago.

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#175880 01/06/04 04:35 AM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I often dream about Lois and Clark when I have been writing a story in the middle of the night right before I go to sleep. For example, last night, I had a dream that gave me a scene for the story I am working on . . . if I remember it all. This also happens to me when I've been studying or working late. I remember vividly a few years ago when I was studying for a linear algebra exam, I had a dream about matrices and everything you could do to it. It was like I was studying in my sleep!

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#175881 01/06/04 04:46 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I've had at least three dreams. The weirdest one...

I was wrapped up and trapped in Superman's cape. I couldn't get out. help I remember the red being so vivid. I don't know why! huh

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#175882 01/06/04 10:04 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I don't have L&C dreams all that often (though I have had some that developed nicely into fanfics smile ) but I did have one over the holidays that amused me so greatly that I figured I would share.

I should preface by saying that I'd recently finished reading Chris Carr's "An Extraordinary Man II" and it was one of those stories that stuck with me days after I'd finished reading it. And one of the scenes that had stuck with me in particular was CJ's memory of when he and Elysse had shared their first kiss and how he'd "seen fireworks" -- it was such a sweet memory, yet bittersweet because we knew that's not who he's meant to be with.

OK, so in my dream, I was "writing" a fanfic loosely based on this scene, only with our Clark meeting someone else at the DP during his few days at the Planet -- and the writing was more like directing because I'm seeing the scene play out like it was a movie or television.

So Clark meets this nice woman at work and they hit it off and she's helping him get acclaimated -- explaining the health benefits, educating him about the Planet's retirement program, offering to show him around town, etc. And I'm thinking as I'm writing, "Gee, she's telling him the sorts of things I used to tell new hires that I was friendly with at my company" and I respond to myself, "well, sure; you write what you know!"

Eventually things progress, and Clark and this woman are finding lots of things in common. A little later still, and Lois comes into the break room where they are talking ... and, you know, this woman is so nice that Lois can't even be all mad. She's a little concerned as she sees them together, but for the most part, she and the woman are making friendly conversation (and even getting to roll their eyes together as Cat walks by). And I'm thinking, "This is a pretty neat character ... friends with both Lois and Clark! I mean, the relationship can't go anywhere since Clark's already falling for Lois, but it's still fun to write."

So Clark and this woman keep talking and it comes out that this woman is fairly new to Metropolis, too, so she has all sorts of advice to getting adjusted, which Clark appreciates. And it's getting more and more clear that there's chemistry there ... they are really interested in each other and flirting. Eventually Clark asks where she went to college, and she responds, "The University of Michigan." And the soundtrack playing in the background comes screeching to a halt. <G>

"Uh oh, wait, this isn't good ... *you* went to Michigan!" I remind myself. "You're making her a Mary Sue!"

"Gee, yeah, that's not good," I respond, cringing. "I really don't like Mary Sue fic and they'd laugh me out of the fandom if I wrote one! But, God, look at how he's looking at her ... he likes her!"

"Um, yeah ... shoot, this is a tough one. And now it's getting late and he's offering to walk her home. He really does like her! And he's so gosh darned gorgeous! How could anyone resist?"

"I know, and they're laughing and joking the way L&C do and they're just so cute together ... would it be so bad? Just this once?"

"Well ... normally, I'd say you can't ... but oh, wow, she's linking her arm in his the way Lois does and he's responding! He's looking at her and flirting -- mmm, great smile, though maybe you could work in an earlier haircut since I really don't like the longer hair from the Pilot -- and now they're at her door and he's going to kiss her!! Oh, what the heck, go for it. When else are you ever going to get to kiss Clark??"

"Good point ... oh, yeah, *nice* kiss ... except ... gee, I don't know, it just didn't feel *right*, you know? 'Cause he's, well, supposed to be with Lois."

"Yeah ... sigh ... and now he's asking her out and she's accepting, but she knows the relationship doesn't have a real future. She's happy she got to kiss him, but she's wistful, too. You know, I think it would be a much better scene if it had been Lois."

"Hmm, yeah, you're right. Oh, well, it was worth a try. At least now I know."

And around this time, morning came and I woke up ... and I totally cracked up as I replayed it all in my head!

I guess I can't stop writing, even in my sleep -- and even more hilarious, I can't stop BR'ing my own work as I write! But at least I got to kiss Clark, even if it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. <g>

Kathy

#175883 01/06/04 10:19 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Many of my dreams have revolved around the shows I watch but not so much Lois and Clark - mainly Smallville and 24. (One time I had a dream with the Smallville characters in the 24 format - which was odd.)

The last L&C related dream I can remember having had Lois going out to some formal event. I designed a dress based on the one she was wearing in that dream.

"Let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and trasform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
#175884 01/06/04 10:55 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, very reluctantly, I have to admit that I dreamt just last night that I met Dean Cain. I distinctly remember walking down a street with him, asking him about his son, and then introducing him to my friends. How scary is that? I mean, I suppose I'm a bit curious to meet him to find out what he's really like, but I certainly don't harbour any kind of burning desire to chase him wherever he pops up in public.

Yvonne

#175885 01/06/04 02:23 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
[I had these when the show was still on, or had recently ended... I know I had quite a few, but these are some I remember vividly.]

There was one where I was Lois, and Clark and I were investigating a new amusement park that was about to open. I (Lois) was all cynical about it. ("I hate roller coasters!") This roller coaster was supposed to be the biggest, baddest thing ever. (A major-league thrill ride.) Somehow the operators convince her that she must ride the thing to write the story. Clark gets called away suddenly on some Superman business, so she has to ride alone!
All of a sudden, I'm (she's) on the roller coaster, and it's falling apart - the track's not even complete! parts are flying and hitting her (me). And then the track ends and she's about to be launched into oblivion--! Actually, the car starts to fall off the edge, but Supes is back just in the NICK of time to catch her (me). She is hurt but wakes up and is going to be OKAY. Clark is right there at her side and she groggily tells him she loves him. (Not really knowing what she is saying, because she's still partly delirious.)

The other is quite the dream come true: it was SO VIVID. (Don't know if anyone remembers this, but on Saturday night "Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman" used to be on, and then Sunday night was L&C. I looked forward to the weekend to see "my boys," Dean Cain and Joe Lando - "Sully" from Dr. Quinn)... Anyhow in this dream, I wake up in my bed, sit up, and hear a knock on the door. Then, Joe Lando and Dean Cain come in carrying Breakfast in Bed on trays for me, wearing nothing but bow ties and small black aprons around their waists.

NO JOKE, I really had that dream. Sounds more like a dream come true! -Wanda laugh

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
#175886 01/07/04 11:37 AM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Heh, Lynn, sure Dean Cain dreams count. Here's mine, which I had pretty recently:

I dreamed I saw Dean Cain on TV in a Ricki Lake special. First they showed funny home videos, of his son in his treehouse (the tree house collapsed), and there was this little girl there, too. Does Dean have a daughter? (maybe it was just a playmate or something smile ) Anyway, then after the home videos there was something about someone who died, and the funeral took place in my school's football field. huh And the football team was there. Anyway, there was also a marching band, though we don't have one, and then after that there was some referral to Dean being a female ( peep don't ask me). Then they showed Dean in some corner of the field, feverishly kissing this fan, and he was crying, too, and he had his arms around the poor fan and she tried to escape but he just kept kissing her. I'm still kind of traumatized from that image of him kissing her and crying. The first few hours after I woke up it was so vivid I couldn't shake it off, it just kept coming back to me like this awful thing that won't let go. *shudder*

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#175887 01/24/04 01:41 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've never had any L&C-related dreams.

Although I have an idea/dream/fantasy about Dean. I was a Star struck Super Dean Cain Fan. That is not the weird part. The weird part is that I had superpowers and did not know what to do with it. I flew out to a premiere of Dean Cain's and hung to every word he would say as a reporter asked him, "Dean, what would you tell a fan of yours to do with their superpowers if one of your fans has it?"

#175888 02/03/04 11:09 AM
Zoe Offline
Blogger
Blogger
not had many l+c dreams but remember having one v.v. good one it was like having a whole episode playing in my head! but can't remember ay details confused wish i did though as i know it was a god story, remember waking up and feeling all 'lois and clarky(like feeling chrissmasy round christmas- eelig lois and clarky whenever i watch superman!)

actually my sisiter had a dream about meeting dean cain- he was walking past our window and she went out to meet him (as you would smile1 ) but he wasn't interested in her- was more interested in me who was walking back home from work (as he rightly should! drool ) and apparantly we got on really well!!!! dance

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard