Next Thread
Print Thread
#175754 11/20/03 03:25 AM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey -

I just heard on my favorite radio station's Entertainment Report that Natalie Portman is about to sign to play Lois Lane in the new Superman movie. Apparently, a lot of male leads have turned down the role of Clark/Supes, including Josh Hartnett and Jude Law. I guess even Nicholas Cage was being considered - cannot even begin to imagine Nicholas Cage in that role.

It looks as if a British Actor named Harvey Cavill has been signed to play New Supes? He might have the look but I'm just wondering if he'll be able to lose the accent.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#175755 11/20/03 03:38 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Gee, and I just read an article that said Brendan Frasier was being approached for the role, and that he was quite interested. There have been so many false leads when it comes to this movie, I doubt we'll know for sure until they actually start filming! They sure are struggling to get it made, which is worrisome in itself. Makes you wonder what the quality will be like if they are having this much trouble getting the project out of the planning stages and into production.

Kathy

#175756 11/20/03 05:15 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, the rumors have changed so many times that I for one refuse to believe any casting news until about a week *after* the movie comes out... wink

I heard the Brendan Fraser one, I guess he could do okay -- he'd be able to play a sweet Clark, anyway. But it'd be quite a change from George of the Jungle goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#175757 11/20/03 05:50 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I've herad differing stories about Brendan Fraser. One that was he wanted to do, another was that he didn't want to tie himself to a 3-picture deal, which is what WB is looking for. However, latest news is that he does want to do it. Talk about confusing! I haven't heard anything new on Natalie Portman since the initial rumor. Sometimes they fly thick and fast, other times it's a trickle.

However, they *are* getting closer and closer to the real deal. They're scouting filming locations, trying to see what's best. The director is still apparently up in the air (in talks), so we'll see who finally ends up doing it.

And Nick Cage was only signed on when Batman director Tim Burton was signed on. The project stalled for a long time, and their options ran out. Which is why they're now looking for new actors and directors.

All this information and more can be found at http://www.superherohype.com/superman

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#175758 12/08/03 10:43 AM
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Well a guy thats up a few messages says there's a guy that looks like Supes. But who knows. huh

Emojr.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard