Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#175515 10/23/03 09:10 AM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Can anyone please explain to me who Paul is and in what episode Lois mentioned him anyway? Because I see him mentioned in lots of fanfics (Like Claude), and I feel left out...

Julie wave

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#175516 10/23/03 09:43 AM
Kerth
Kerth
He's the guy that came between Lois and Linda King from "The Rival".

Just say that Linda went too far with him... wink

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#175517 10/23/03 01:31 PM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh, right.... Thanks!

Julie (who got her computer fixed after it exploded) thumbsup

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#175518 10/23/03 02:36 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
The only episode he's mentioned in is The Rival, and the details are pretty sketchy. We know he was the editor of her college newspaper. Clark says, "She stole a story and a guy (Paul), and now you're afraid she's going to do it again" about Linda and Lois doesn't correct his version of the events. But when Lois and Linda discuss the situation later, Linda says something like "you weren't even dating him!" I know there was a little more discussion about him, but that's basically all we know. From that we can assume that Paul was someone Lois had a crush on him in college and thought there was the potential for a relationship (how realistic this belief was, we have no way of knowing). As Lois' best friend, Linda would obviously have known about the crush. So Linda wound up dating Paul and Lois felt betrayed. And, if I remember correctly, the reason he noticed Linda was because of a story that she stole from Lois.

Obviously, this leaves LOTS of room for imagination, and lots of writers have used Paul, or memories of Paul, in their stories in very different ways. He can be pretty fun to write about. I tried to write a vignette about him and wound up with a three-part series. <G>

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard