Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#175417 10/12/03 10:32 AM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
In Soul Mates, H.G. Wells has a copy of the paper in his pocket and that copy is updated according to time and developements. In the end after L&C return to their own time and Lois checks the paper one last time to ensure everything really is alright, she reads the front page page title and Perry says, "Hey, did we miss a scoop?"

Did anyone else notice that the paper was the Daily Planet and hence they couldn't have missed the scoop becausre then it wouldn't have been printed in the DP (obviously)? confused

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#175418 10/12/03 12:07 PM
Blogger
Blogger
This is an explanation attempt. blush

Well, it's tomorrow's paper and therefore it is possible that they couldn't get the scoop yet, but are going to....
... perhaps Lois reading the headline is going to get them the scoop in the first place... confused

Uh oh! Pre-destination paradox...

Time Travel makes you feel dizzy huh

--Bernd (who wonders if any of this made any sense at all and who is definately off to bed)

#175419 10/12/03 05:06 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Bernd has it right ... the Congressman's fate was breaking news that hadn't, well, broken yet. <g>

But as Bernd says, I think it's safe to say that Perry immediately returned to his office to make a few phone calls and assigned a reporter to the story, thus capturing the "scoop" of the day and creating the very paper Wells was holding in his hands.

Ah, gotta love time travel eps. smile

Kathy

#175420 10/12/03 05:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
yeah. probably safe to assume that perry noticed the headline first, realized it was a big story that he, as EIC, had never seen before, and assumed they'd been scooped without noticing that it was the DP, much less looking at the date.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard