Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#175295 10/03/03 08:12 PM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
cool, i get to start 2 caption threads in a row!

otoh, this is captions, chapter 11. is this one going to be bankrupt?

hope not.

here's the new pic. it's a classic. (and, btw, the pilot is, imo, a gold mine of possible caption pics) see what you can do with it. smile

[Linked Image]

have fun. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#175296 10/03/03 09:17 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois: Okay, well, I'll admit it, this is a lot of fun. But I still don't think Perry installing a trampoline in the newsroom is quite what those speakers at the 'Motivate Your People' conference meant!

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#175297 10/03/03 11:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois: "Okay, very clever, whoever you are. But I can see the ropes holding you up. Don't think I'm fooled even for a second... ARGH! There aren't any ropes!

Wendy

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#175298 10/04/03 08:48 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Announcer: On our next episode of "Street Magic: Metropolis", David Blayne shows that he, too, can levitate in front of the entire Daily Planet newsroom.

Kathy

#175299 10/04/03 10:37 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Staffer #1: "How long have they been like that?"

Cat: "An hour, maybe two."

Staffer #2: "Are they stuck?"

Cat: "Looks like it."

Jimmy: "Should we call the fire department or something?"

Cat: "I'm torn..."

Molly
#175300 10/05/03 06:11 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Visitor to the newsroom: Ack! A flying man!

Staffer: So what? We live in Metropolis. Nothing shocks us.

Imagine.
#175301 10/06/03 06:16 PM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
well, it's been a while. captions have been slower on this pic than i'd hoped. oh well. maybe it just wasn't a good one. in any case, time to pick.

despite my usual efforts to not go with the person who just went, something about this one just hits the right button:

Staffer #1: "How long have they been like that?"

Cat: "An hour, maybe two."

Staffer #2: "Are they stuck?"

Cat: "Looks like it."

Jimmy: "Should we call the fire department or something?"

Cat: "I'm torn..."
rotflol

so, i'm going to have to go with lncroxmysox. you're up! smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#175302 10/06/03 06:43 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Slow, maybe, but they all made me laugh this last time around. Very clever ones, guys! Ok thanks to the inside information regarding that screencaps-galore website, I've found a picture that amuses me much.

[Linked Image]

Have funnnn...

Oh yeah, and I seriously hate this episode. But all feelings aside... Oh and PLEASE let me know if I'm running one that's already been done. I went back and looked at a lot of the older posts, but I'm still paranoid.

Ems

Molly
#175303 10/06/03 07:11 PM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
okay, i shouldn't get political, but this looks like a press conference, and i can't help it...

"do not doubt me. i am going to win this election. i starred in 'total recall.' think about it. besides, look... my muscles are bigger than superman's. watch as i flex for you. you see? next to me, superman looks puny. when i am governor, i will use these muscles to crush the bad things like the pollution and the crime and the traffic."

(that's all i've got for now. if i think of more... i'll be back. wink )

Paul

#175304 10/07/03 02:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Clark, there's no need to go Superman on him. Really, Mel Gibson an I are just good friends."

Carole smile1

#175305 10/07/03 08:03 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
[Looking up at a news ticker which proclaims: "Poll results are in: BATMAN is America's Favorite Superhero!"]

Clark: "Grr!"
Lois: "There must be some mistake..."

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
#175306 10/07/03 09:25 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Lois: "Clark, please, calm down ... it's not worth starting a fight over."

Clark: "No way, Lois ... this dry cleaners has put starch in my underwear for the last time!"

Kathy

#175307 10/07/03 09:41 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Clark: You call that a "Bob the Tomato" impersonation? Even I can do a better "Bob" impersonation! Watch!

Lois: Clark, you're turning red....

Imagine.
#175308 10/07/03 10:29 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
(Reporter framed by L&C's heads) This is not my good profile!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#175309 10/07/03 03:23 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
"do not doubt me. i am going to win this election. i starred in 'total recall.' think about it. besides, look... my muscles are bigger than superman's. watch as i flex for you. you see? next to me, superman looks puny. when i am governor, i will use these muscles to crush the bad things like the pollution and the crime and the traffic."
ROTFLMAO!!!! rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

#175310 10/08/03 07:19 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ohhh this was tough, but I'm going to have to go with this one...

Originally posted by WandaDetroit:
[Looking up at a news ticker which proclaims: "Poll results are in: BATMAN is America's Favorite Superhero!"]

Clark: "Grr!"
Lois: "There must be some mistake..."
Clark really does look like he should be growling here, doesn't he? Hehe. Okay, your turn, Wanda... smile

Molly
#175311 10/09/03 01:54 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
YAAAYYYY!

[Linked Image]

Go for it, guys... This one cracked me up! I hope no one's done this before. If so, let me know--I've got more where that came from!!
-Wanda wink

Edit: I didn't edit the post; I simply resized the pic. goofy Elena
And to give credit where it's due, the original screenshot can be found on this site .

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
#175312 10/09/03 05:56 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Superman/Clark: Okay, when the girls walk into the room, just flash a brilliant smile and they'll fall all over you...

Imagine.
#175313 10/09/03 07:06 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Superman:...and I ate a bomb this big today and that's the story of my life so let's hear yours

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#175314 10/09/03 08:20 PM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
yes, that is a nice costume you have there. the thing is -- and i want to make sure you really think about this -- just because you have a nice costume, it doesn't mean you can fly. so, i'll carry you down nice and easy, and you promise you won't try to fly anymore, okay? ... whew. bad enough when kids do that, but he looked old enough to be my dad!

---

how do i hide the boots? oh, i just take them in my hands like this and use my super strength to compress them into tiny little balls. then, when i need to change back, i just streach them out again. sure, i go through boots fairly quickly, but i don't see that there's a better way, really...

---

how do you get a 900 number? you just have to call the phony company and register it. the important thing is to shop around. sure, the customer pays for the call, but you still have to pay to have the line. go to the wrong phone company, and you'll get a bill this big! ... say, what do you need a 900 number for, anyway?

---

so you ran into lois lane, huh? well, let me tell you... the key to surviving an encouter with lois is to know when to be amused. when she's just babbeling along, learn to find that funny. but, and i cannot stress this enough, when she is ranting at you -- not just babbeling, but outright angry -- don't laugh. no matter what it is, don't laugh. i don't care if your skin is as invulnerable as mine. lois gets angry, the best thing to do is to fly out of there as fast as you can.

---

you're an orphan? really? and the people who raised you never explained...? oh, foster care. they all assumed someone else had told you. okay, well, here's how it works. when a man and a woman love each other very much...

---

well, the key to it is... you've got to learn to trust your invulnerability. every part of you is invulnerable. that includes the eyes. so, even if you're flying at supersonic speed -- actually, especially then -- you have to remember that you don't have to blink.

---

"... so, if you've x-rayed the bomb and you still can't see how to disarm it, the next thing to try is freeze breath. sometimes, that will slow down the timer, and it'll even stablize some explosives enough that they won't detonate. if that doesn't work, just remember this one basic rule of bomb defusing -- if all else fails, eat it."

"you can do that?"

"yeah, sure. just pretend it's a spicey meatball or a tasty hoagie or something. oh, yeah... that reminds me. they actually don't taste that good. so, after it explodes, get something better to eat. i suggest ice cream. nothing gets rid of the taste of that annoying smokey c4 aftertaste like a nice banana split."

---

... so then you use your heat vision to cut the door's control wires. you getting this so far? ... good. so, now the door's open. first thing you have to do is use your freeze breath. that will confuse the heat sensors on the missiles. then you can dash past them through the blue archway, and that takes you to the level four boss. he pretty much goes down like the last two, and when you beat him, you get the second half of the red key...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard