Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#175231 09/18/03 10:28 AM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I find the story of Lois and Clark very similar to the story of Anne (of Green Gables) and Gilbert Blythe. I mean, look: Gilbert fell in love with her in the beginning, and proposed to her, and she told him she only wants friendship, and fell in love with him only later. Plus maybe he's not Superman, but he's a doctor! which is a lot for a human wink . One difference I could find though, id that L&C supposedly couldn't have kids when Gilbert and Anne had like 6 or 7 party . What do you think (If you've read those books)?

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#175232 09/18/03 10:35 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
You're not the only one to notice this. wink

AnnieM's story Kindred Spirits and its comment folder .

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#175233 09/18/03 02:20 PM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Cool story! Although the part where Anne comes to him with the book she wrote was only in the movie and not in the book, and also Matthew in the book did not buy her that dress but asked Rachel Lynde to sew it for Anne, and also in the books she never snapped at him. But it was a sweet sytory, nice to know someone shares my (passionate) love for the AOGG books. smile1 (and if you find my corrections futile, then I can tell you it's nothing personal, I'm just sensitive about accuracy when it comes to things so close to my heart like those books).

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#175234 09/18/03 02:33 PM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
OMG, AoGG is both my favorite book series of all time and favorite movie miniseries of all time. I have always maintained that Anne of Green Gables and Lois and Clark had a lot in common. One day Annie and I were talking about our favorite parts and our favorite quotes and she and I agreed that it would make an incredible story. What a surprise, the next day when I got home from school, there was an incredible Annie story waiting on the MBs laugh . It was a story combining my two most favorite things on TV of all time!

- Laura laugh

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#175235 09/19/03 04:56 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I, too, loved the AoGG saga clap . I ate those books when i was in high school, i read every single one! I even went through a faze of always wearing my hair in a bun! And i almost went nuts when i found out my 10th grade English teacher was a red-head named Ann sloppy <sigh>

Thanx, you've brought back some very warm memories blush !

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard