Ok, y'all.

I'm a collector--I freely admit it. Lately, a large number of Lois and Clark photographs have come up on ebay from one seller: lookwhatigotyou. The photographs this person is selling are fake. There are a few that *might* not be reproductions, but I wouldn't count on it.

Here's how to tell:

Look at the color contrast. If the lights and darks are screwed up, the photograph is a fake. After that, look at the edges. If any white shows around it, it should be mostly even. If it's not, that means it's an inexpert copy. Ask about the watermark on the back of the photograph. Usually, the watermark will be Kodak, Fuji Film, or AMD. This shows that it's on real photographic paper and not a scanned copy. Beware *any* seller with a low feedback rating. I know everybody has to start somewhere, but those with little or no feedback as a seller are probably just trying to make a quick buck.

I've been taken a few times before I learned how to tell from my dad. (He's a photographer) Hopefully, this might be able to help...

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying