B
biimfan Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
B
here
:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3339354080&category=41521

why do you people think lois and clark is not out on dvd yet? I mean it is a popular show, a lot of shows less popular are already out, what do you think is taking so long? dizzy

#174902 07/29/03 12:28 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I, too, hope that WB will come to their senses ... however about the link you posted:

While I have used eBay to push out copies of the blooper tape, I don't agree with what this person is doing ... I've copied my VCDs for a few people and only one person was charged over $50 because they wanted labels printed as well, so I asked to recover the costs of the ink and the CD labels.

About VCDs though:

For one, while I'm sure they are decent quality, I downloaded these myself from the newsgroups when they were first posted, but they do not compare to actual DVD quality. I have also started download SVCDs to put to DVD myself, but again, while it's excellent quality, it does not compare to actual DVD quality.

Second, while VCDs are convenient for being played on the PC, not everyone likes to sit in front of a 15-17inch monitor when you can sit in front of a 32in TV. However, not all DVD players support the VCD/SVCD format. Many made today are purposely made *whithout* the VCD option. They are not exactly what the MPAA has in mind. The MPAA are, in fact, trying to put a stop to VCDs/SVCDs, so the DVD player producers are giving in to this and disabling the feature.

There are many nice reasons to have the eps in VCD, I personally like them because I have a DVD player that supports them, but to me nothing will ever replace the pristine quality a DVD will provide.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
#174903 07/30/03 06:00 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Anne,

Can you provide info (cost, etc) for your VCDs? I would be very interested in getting a set of them!

Melisma (under her Rock, hoping this is a solution that might work for her...)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#174904 08/10/03 11:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#174905 08/10/03 08:21 PM
Blogger
Blogger
$200 for VCDs? Wow. I don't have that kind of money. But it is a tempting offer.

As for http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/Vinnie/tapetrade.html it doesn't say how much the DVDs are, but the shipping sounds way reasonable.

I'd be much more interested in purchasing something from Annette, but hm. This is very tempting since I'm a newbie to the show and since TBS is going to stop playing Lois and Clark in September, I wont get around to the 4th season. And I did't tape most of the 1st season.

I must think this one through. Hehe.

Thanks for the information, Maria.

#174906 08/17/03 12:37 AM
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
It can take a long time for shows to come out on DVD. I'm a huge Forever Knight fan as well, and that show is finally coming out on DVD in October this year (thanks in no small part to writing campaigns by the fans). I'm sure L&C will be on DVD soon. It just takes time.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard